The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A real Nord manor

Imagie
Imagie
✭✭✭
I'd like to suggest that the Jarl's Manor/Thane's Hall become available for player to purchase. The design already exists in game and it shines in comparison to the poorly received Hakkvild's High Hall. The Jarl's Manor is the proper Nord manor so we should be able to experience it!
457h49b2u4re.png
9569vhglhsjc.png

Take my crowns!!!!!!!!!
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo, nice idea :)
  • jazz77325
    jazz77325
    Great idea
    Dalinar Thala - Altmer, DragonKnight PVE Tank. Champion Points 187
    Slyvana Thorn- Bosmer, Nightblade. PVP Rogue. Thief and Assassin.
    Gamertag: Dr Sweendog
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love this building. Good idea.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A huge home I could actually get excited about!

Hakvild’s was such a disappointment even for a manor.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap, I actually mentioned this before! And honestly? I would LOVE it if they just replaced Hakkvild's High Hall's interior and exterior with the Jarl's Manor. I would be totally fine with them taking down HHH for them to make that change. Because I don't see us getting another Nord manor because we already have HHH. So they should just replace HHH with the Jarl's Manor! Problem solved!
  • Imagie
    Imagie
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, I actually mentioned this before! And honestly? I would LOVE it if they just replaced Hakkvild's High Hall's interior and exterior with the Jarl's Manor. I would be totally fine with them taking down HHH for them to make that change. Because I don't see us getting another Nord manor because we already have HHH. So they should just replace HHH with the Jarl's Manor! Problem solved!

That would be good, but people have already bought/decorated Hakkvild so thats a problem. It would also work if the Jarl's Manor (and yard) was placed in a currently unoccupied chunk of land near Windhlem or Riften similar to Mistveil.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagie wrote: »

That would be good, but people have already bought/decorated Hakkvild so thats a problem. It would also work if the Jarl's Manor (and yard) was placed in a currently unoccupied chunk of land near Windhlem or Riften similar to Mistveil.

I think the majority of the people who do have it decorated probably wuldn't mind taking down their stuff and getting it replaced with a better home...at least, I would HOPE they would. I mean, I would. But I can't peak for everybody.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    My home is in use as a guildhall and furnishing I crafted and bought are very strictly based on High Hall interiors and the environment around it. I really like this manor which OP posted above and I wouldn't mind to get that one instead of my current house, BUT it's good to keep in mind that there are several things which may not work in favor of replacing High Hall with new Nord manor:

1) People paid a lot for getting that house at first place and like me, they had a vision what kind of furnishing they wanted to place into the house. They may not be satisfied if ZOS goes and replaces the house itself with different Nord Manor. Not to mention those items worth of millions of gold, which were based on the layout of the house itself.

2) What about already existing furnishing, which players already placed into house? Where would they be placed, when house layout would be modified? In my inventory? None of my characters got that large inventory that 600 furnishing items would fit in. In my bank? Only if I can get 600 new bank slots as well. On a big pile of all items in the middle of yard? That may work, but it will require hours of work by moving items on new layout across the area.

3) Current house is what buyers paid for and they may not like the idea of current hall being replaced. Would all these players receive refund? That's not too likely going to happen. At this point it would make more sense to just release new Nord manor somewhere else and leave High Hall be as it is right now.
    Edited by Fiktius on June 19, 2018 5:03PM
  • Imagie
    Imagie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be a huge task to implement the Jarl's Manor in addition to existing housing.
    Houses are added all the time in game.

Here is a before shot of Mistveil:
    sd2bavd0cezz.jpg
    And here is a current shot:
    w2v3osclejpx.jpg

I think this could be done with the Jarl's manor easily. Even the courtyard of the manor (in Fort Amol) could be replicated and placed anywhere near Riften. If a snowy terrain is chosen... then they could put it in northern or western Windhelm, although some rocks would have to be demolished! Aside from the cities.. there is plenty of space in Eastmarch and the Rift.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    personally I'd rather they just fixed the homes so that the insides match the outsides. Mistveil, for exapmple, needs 2 extra rooms to the right and left as you enter the house. The floor plan doesn't make sense:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412075/mistveil-manor-doesnt-make-sense
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us the Western half of Skyrim, and put this house near Whiterun or Dawnstar, and a Dwemer style town home in Markarth.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I love this idea, because HHH is awful and I can't ever imagine buying it...one of the, if not THE SINGLE most absolutely mindblowingly awesome player houses I've ever visited started life as HHH. It was for a guild (Ethereal Trader's Union) in-game Easter Egg Hunt, and it was just insane what the owner had done with the place.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hakkvild's floorplan flatly sucked and the entrance being through the crypt instead of through the very obvious gate was just ridiculous. I ended up asking for (and getting) a refund for the darn thing. Since we know as a rule ZOS always just uses assets that already exist in the game (this is also true of Hakkvild's, Linchal, etc) for housing there's no real reason why they SHOULDN'T offer the home the OP has presented. There are MANY great potential homes in the game that they are just flat out neglecting, all of which are arguably better than the ones they DO decide to sell us. It'd be nice to see this change.
    Edited by MornaBaine on June 29, 2018 1:10PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!