Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[Poll] Hardcore Players -- Would You Buy Veteran-Difficulty Zones from the Crown Store?

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes -- I would spend money to buy veteran zones.
    We had veteran zones before One Tamriel happened.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the first few months of the game after its PC launch, people are not interested in veteran difficulty zones. The VR6 - VR10 zones were ghost towns. Check up on your history, kids!
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes -- I would spend money to buy veteran zones.
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Based on the first few months of the game after its PC launch, people are not interested in veteran difficulty zones. The VR6 - VR10 zones were ghost towns. Check up on your history, kids!

I liked how empty the vet zones were. More immersive with less unwanted “help” from others.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No -- It should be part of the base game, I shouldn't have to buy it.

Questing from VR1 to VR10 was one of the best things eso had to offer for me during those 4 years i played. Lots of interesting fights where you actually had to think about which enemy to focus and what skills to use. There were also Questbosses who deserved that name.
    Questing after several nerfs was more like running from point to point and klicking through dialogues...
    Noobplar
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think that ZOS cant balance the game. Most of the content is either too easy or too hard for average player, and there's no middle grounds. It also makes it more difficult to jump from "casual" to "hardcore" category even if you really want to, because normal content doesnt prepare you for vet.
    Craglorn quests werent popular because of the stupid "activate X buttons simultaneously" mechanic. Many people were interested in it, but its difficult to coordinate with 3 more people for entire zone, especially if you dont want to rush everything and prefer to read books and dialogues.
    Also I dont think that average active player is so clueless that everything should be dumbed down. I mean, not everything should be super hard, but the difficulty of quests in ESO is almost immersion-breaking.
    But I dont think they should sell something that used to be a part of the game. It would be a whole new level of "cut content dlc".

It wasnt because of difficulty. Back in the days there was no point in going back once you outleveled a zone because you wouldnt get any exp or useful drops, and once you've done all quests on one char there was no incentive.
    It became even worse after they added cps, because you would gimp your character by spending your playtime on stuff that doesnt give you exp.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 17, 2018 8:05PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never read such trash in all my time playing this game.
    Do you actually know any "hardcore" players? I think you'll find most of them have paid three figure sums at the very least on crown store ***.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you've got it...slightly off. I keep seeing hardcore this and hardcore that. Too easy does not mean immediately dial the difficulty to max.

I don't care about hardcore/vet overland content. I just want to have to use more than one skill to kill literally everything.
    Options
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never read such trash in all my time playing this game.
    Do you actually know any "hardcore" players? I think you'll find most of them have paid three figure sums at the very least on crown store ***.

Funny how people keep saying that hardcore pay a lot, yet experience from virtually every other game which has a cash shop shows that casual's pay way, way more.

Thing is - it's not being said that 'hardcore' do not buy things, but that they buy less than the casual's.... and when given the ability to buy said items without real-life cash they will do so.

GW2 - Hardcores bought gems with gold to buy from the cash shop.
    Eve Online - Hardcores buy sub time via buying PLEX with in-game currency
    SWTOR: Hardcores buy the stuff they want from the cash shop via the auction house, since cash store items can be sold there after 48-72 hours of purchase

Oh and on a personal perspective note - from my time playing FFXIV I hardly ever see the hardcore raiders wearing Mog Station clothing/outfits or using Mog Station mounts, but I constantly see casual's and other ppl doing the same dailies, quest's, shopping, etc that I spent time doing with them. Also looking at screenshots from raiders from their clears & such showed most of them wearing gear/outfits you could get in-game and not stuff from the cash shop (Mog Station).

So while those ppl deem as 'hardcore' might buy ESO+ and spend some money on the crown store, they are a drop in the ocean that is the money casuals spend on cosmetic's, looking good, etc. You look at any MMO which has a cash shop... and you'll find it's biggest customers are casual's & RP'ers paying to look fancy, look spiffy, fit a RP role, etc.

Oh, and since ESO now has gifting - I'll guarantee you the $$ from hardcores is even less now, seeing as they will be swapping gold for gifted crown-store items.

And yes, you'll always have ppl who say "Wrong! me and my x+ hardcore fans always spend $y per month!" or something like that - that's called associative bias. People will always tend to associate with like-minded people, so what they see & experience will be skewered/biased towards whichever group they associate with (and yes, I'm as guilty as this as anyone else).
    Edited by Kamatsu on June 18, 2018 1:44AM
    o_O
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    I think you've got it...slightly off. I keep seeing hardcore this and hardcore that. Too easy does not mean immediately dial the difficulty to max.

I don't care about hardcore/vet overland content. I just want to have to use more than one skill to kill literally everything.

As I have stated before I don't want max difficulty.Do you think they would put sun eaters and overchargers(while it would be awesome have them randomly appear among mobs)?.That would be overkill.Adjusting the difficulty carefully would be another story all together.
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on June 18, 2018 2:47AM
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way man. I remember Craglorn. It is much better now. There’s no reason for veteran zones. Also, the rewards weren’t any better at the time. It would need something better than a difficulty slider.
    Options