The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone who supports the gold jewelry upgrade costs ACTUALLY upgraded any jewelry to gold?

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Fiktius wrote: »
    99sR1uZ.png

Sorry to go off-topic but I didn't even bother looking at unlocks for that one... how's the Divine Gold, better than Ayleid?

I had it on the PTS and it was OK but nothing special. The antique Silver from just leveling it to 50 IMO, is a very nice silver though.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    99sR1uZ.png

Sorry to go off-topic but I didn't even bother looking at unlocks for that one... how's the Divine Gold, better than Ayleid?

I don't know about Ayleid gold since I don't have it unlocked, but for example compared to Translimital violet (which shows up as golden on certain item pieces and clothing), it looks more orange-ish. Like a combination between darker yellow and light orange.
    Edited by Fiktius on June 18, 2018 7:08PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    99sR1uZ.png

What comes with price cost of jewellery crafting, I'm completely fine with higher cost:
    When getting golden jewellery is pricey, some players are not going to bother and instead of farming/purchasing materials, these players are willing to complete veteran trials and purchase golden jewellery from the Golden Vendor at Cyrodiil during weekends and that's exactly how it's supposed to be imo.

gratz on that.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just use it for upgrade blue jewelry to Purple. this way i can farm any set i need in normal mode
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    For the sake of your sanity you are much better off pretending jewelry crafting has not been added to the game yet.

Jewelry crafting... Whats that? I'm well aware of Jewelry retraiting, been doing a lot of that. Not so sure about this crafting of which you speak.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really don't care.just keep buying the grains off my vendor lol
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I don't have Summerset, I'm looking at this from an entirely different viewpoint. Do I want everybody else suddenly running around with gold jewelry I can't get because P2W?

A good long grind lets ZOS adjust the game so that with or without Summerset is not a major balance issue.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Because I don't have Summerset, I'm looking at this from an entirely different viewpoint. Do I want everybody else suddenly running around with gold jewelry I can't get because P2W?

A good long grind lets ZOS adjust the game so that with or without Summerset is not a major balance issue.

Wait, so your answer is that it's a good system because people who paid for it can't get much use out of it anyway? Um.... :|
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

The difference between gold and purple jewelry is so minimal that it is laughable to say that it would be a balance issue to have gold jewelry crafted or upgraded.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Not enough materials yet, but I can see it happening down the road. No one I know has enough mats either.

My only concern is I am old! I hope to at least be around long enough to improve something to purple:)

Other than the absurdity of Master Writs--I have no real problem with the difficulty of JC.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    I support the opportunity to upgrade jewelry to gold, but I can't see it happening anytime soon for me. I've refined about 5 stacks of platinum dust since Summerset hit consoles about two weeks ago, and I'm sitting at two chromium grains. I admit that's a pretty small sample size and RNGsus and so on, but considering I'll need 80 grains to gold out one item, at this rate I should get my 80th grain a year and a half from now. Seems excessive to me.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as the title states. I'm curious as to how many pieces of jewelry the proponents of the new system have actually upgraded to gold.

If you have upgraded tons of jewelry to gold and want to comment on here, go ahead.

It's easy enough to say that it enriches the game somehow and gives us "something to work for", but I want to see some evidence that there's actually a finish line here and not just people talking about something they'll never actually achieve.

Personally, I don't know of a single person in either of my 2 500 person trade guilds who's upgraded a single piece to purple, let alone gold.

Zos went i overboard on this crafting profession. From requiring trials and pvp to making resources and traits so stupid rare. Then no hireling on top of it. The crafting community really got scr**ed by this move as crafting is in the toilet right now anyway. Crafted anything doesn't sell for squat anymore. Then they take the one thing that only gold farmers, large guilds that do business with gold farmers, pvpers and trials people can even have a chance at making money with. Crafters and casuals are left out of the picture. I mean to buy a harmony piece on xbox is around 200 to 300k. It's insane. I mean I myself don't mind going into cyrodiil and would run trials, but feel for those that don't or maybe not skilled or confident to do so. Cyrodiil is cancer atm so I have stayed clear of it. Too many dc's and sloads disease.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelcrafting is just a middle-man for transmuting your existing jewelry with your desired trait.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just pretend jewelry crafting doesn't exist mostly. I'll decon my casual jewelry drops from trials and whatnot, but I can't even justify the time it takes to do crafting writs at my level (28 with no time spent dolmen grinding) because copper seams are rare to get when you are max level because of the way ZOS designed the nodes.

Master writs? lol, not doing those.

The grind is ridiculous for ESO. Sure, gold vs purple is not significant, but with the grind and cost... the difference is also impractical.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've upgraded two rings from blue to purple using elite vendor boxes in Bruma of the eagle eye set to acquire sufficient amounts of purple grains. The boxes are affordable at 13K per box, and more than 2/3 of them will give you purple jewelry I've found.

I will likely never acquire enough gold grains though to upgrade any jewelry to gold. There needs to be a chance of acquiring the refined upgrade material, or all gold jewelry should deconstruct into more than a single grain at best. I think I have 4 of the gold grains at this point, half have come from deconstruction of gold jewelry and the other two came from jewelry crafting dailies.

The current process does need some tweaking.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    I support the system because it is hard and takes a lot of work. So no, I haven't gilded my 3 jewelry pieces yet. If I had within 1 month after DLC release then I wouldn't be supporting it for that reason now would I? All the carebears want everyone to have access to everything without making an effort for it. It completely removes all opportunity for excellence and makes the game incredibly bland. ESO is the absolute top champion of all games I have ever played in this respect so I'm very happy there finally is something that not everyone will be getting their hands on within a few weeks - or ever. I have 0 respect and pity for people who want everything the easy way.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Just as the title states. I'm curious as to how many pieces of jewelry the proponents of the new system have actually upgraded to gold.

If you have upgraded tons of jewelry to gold and want to comment on here, go ahead.

It's easy enough to say that it enriches the game somehow and gives us "something to work for", but I want to see some evidence that there's actually a finish line here and not just people talking about something they'll never actually achieve.

Personally, I don't know of a single person in either of my 2 500 person trade guilds who's upgraded a single piece to purple, let alone gold.

I have completed one mater writ .. to purple. but I can't upgrade the rest of my jewelry yet. I think it's a bit too difficult to gather mats at this point and a bit frustrating.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support the system because it is hard and takes a lot of work. So no, I haven't gilded my 3 jewelry pieces yet. If I had within 1 month after DLC release then I wouldn't be supporting it for that reason now would I? All the carebears want everyone to have access to everything without making an effort for it. It completely removes all opportunity for excellence and makes the game incredibly bland. ESO is the absolute top champion of all games I have ever played in this respect so I'm very happy there finally is something that not everyone will be getting their hands on within a few weeks - or ever. I have 0 respect and pity for people who want everything the easy way.

Lol, you support it because it is hard? Normally I'd be with you on liking things to be a bit of a challenge, but there is nothing challenging about the system. ZoS just took the existing crafting systems, multiplied the material requirements by 10 and called it a day.

Honestly the complaints about jewelcrafting would pretty much vanish if the mat requirements were in line with smithing, clothing, and woodworking.

I suspect zos is working their way towards crown upgrade mats
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

Lol, you support it because it is hard? Normally I'd be with you on liking things to be a bit of a challenge, but there is nothing challenging about the system. ZoS just took the existing crafting systems, multiplied the material requirements by 10 and called it a day.

Honestly the complaints about jewelcrafting would pretty much vanish if the mat requirements were in line with smithing, clothing, and woodworking.

I suspect zos is working their way towards crown upgrade mats

I had this long rant prepared about how long, painful grinds of running around pressing "E" and "R" in sequence do not equate to difficulty, and to refer to any of the vet DLC dungeons or vet trials in this game for actual examples of difficulty.

I deleted it because I figured I would just get flamed by the pro JC crowd, but I'm glad somebody was thinking the same thing I was :smiley:

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is nothing "Hard" about this. It just takes lot of work. If you have more free time than everyone else then you can have more mats than anyone else. There is no skill involved in harvesting materials or stockpiling mats. It's an artificial difficultly created by scarcity. The absolute dirt worst ESO player could eventually stockpile hundreds of gold mats if they spend hundreds and hundreds of hours farming materials.

The point is that farming materials isn't a fun way to spend your limited play-time. Yeah i can imagine liking jewelry crafting if i was completely void of friends, family, and responsibilities. We paid real world money for a crafting line that is inaccessible on many levels to the majority of the player-base.

LOL at people acting like crafting jewelry is some sort of prestigious feat. You just have more free time than everyone else. There is 0 skill involved.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upg
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrading to Gold Jewelry is not worth the tiny change in stats. No matter how long it takes ir how many mats are consumed, the change is not worth it.

For the record, i have not even made a CP160 ring yet, much less improved anything
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Upgrading to Gold Jewelry is not worth the tiny change in stats. No matter how long it takes ir how many mats are consumed, the change is not worth it.
    It could be argued that, if the extra 3% from Swift makes you the fastest person in PvP, that is not exactly true. Or if you are the Argonian who wants to drink a potion every 21 seconds. The closer you can get to 100% uptime on Immovability and Detection, in PvP, I think this could make a difference.

I am not that person, but I have sold Chromium grains and platings, thus some people must want them. I have upgraded BoP jewelry from blue to purple, because I hate farming. I have also crafted purple jewelry for myself, mostly Swift, for PvP.

Do you spend millions on motifs? Housing? What do you spend your gold on? For me the tangible things are gold weapons, and purple jewelry is roughly in that ballpark. I also stick prismatic enchants on virtually all gear, only gold jewelry and gold armor is a step too far. Your perceptions shift, depending on how easy it is for you to make gold from your preferred in-game activities. I have about 2M gold in the bank and ways to keep it at around that level. Let's just say I keep the purple grains and sell everything else ;), although Tel Var will always be my bread and butter.
    Edited by fred4 on June 29, 2018 3:58AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • arrow_magnet
    arrow_magnet
    Soul Shriven
    I have been looking forward to this since pc launch. What a massive let down completely pissed me off it’s going to take me 3 years at this rate iv just gave up trying to upgrade anything
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one piece yes, for the achievment
    will be not much more to come, cause as Allcast said the difference between gold jewelry and purple is mini...........
  • Darthbell
    Darthbell
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone in any of my guilds on console that has even upgraded to purple so gold is a distant dream. The grind is too extreme to make it worthwhile. Even getting to the point of being able to get the achievement seems unlikely to occur this year. I assume at some point there will be crown materials that double as plating material.
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    When the cost to upgrade one piece of jewelry to gold is more than the cost to gold out an entire armor set i would say we have an imbalance.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The system isnt bad but the decision to need 10 grains for 1 plating is just bad.
    Last time I checked grains were going for something like 10k each, thats 800k for one gold jewelry piece.
    Upgrading the most expensive gear setup (7x heavy armor with 2x S&B) is about 360k in comparison.

If ZOS wants to keep jewelry improvement expensive then it could go the RNG refine route.
    When refining 10 grains you could get between 3-7 platings.

In the best case you need about 12 grains for one gold jewelry piece, roughly 120k cost.
    In the worse case you need about 27 grains for one gold jewelry piece, roughly 270k cost.
    On average the cost for one gold jewelry piece would be around 200k.

For most players 3x 200k is still a lot of money for a tiny stat increase but it more manageable.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because very few people have actually upgraded to gold to this point doesn't mean they can't have the opinion that the system is fine the way it is. You sound like one of those people that think that just because I'm not a woman means I can't have opinions on things that affect women.
    PS4 NA
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because very few people have actually upgraded to gold to this point doesn't mean they can't have the opinion that the system is fine the way it is. You sound like one of those people that think that just because I'm not a woman means I can't have opinions on things that affect women.

I encourage all opinions here. But so far, nobody has made a good, cohesive argument about why the system needs to be so restrictive, or how that is healthy for the game. It seems like all we're getting is "well it's okay because I'm okay with the grind". Nobody is commenting on whether the grind is healthy or appropriate, or reasonable, or sane lol.

It's fine if you think the system is fine the way it is. I disagree, and I'm using your testimonial, and the testimonials of everyone else saying "no, but....." as examples of why the system is not okay.

Because, at the end of the day, whatever reasoning you give to support the system is irrelevant to my point, which is that most players simply aren't able to make full use of the current system. No qualifiers. No excuses. Your answer is just "no".

That, in my opinion, makes it a colossal failure. It's not a raid, it's a crafting profession. We shouldn't be encouraging such exclusivity and horrible grinds for something as transient as jewelry. Everyone is welcome to debate this opinion, but let's not debate facts :smile:

Edit: And I know this thread is about gold, but the whole plating system in general is a point of concern. It is only lessened for blue / purple because it takes less plates. That being said, even purple is excessive in terms of cost (right now it's 80-90k to purp a ring).
    Edited by Crafts_Many_Boxes on July 2, 2018 5:46PM