Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Assassin's Will Exploit

tyr509
tyr509
✭✭
This player (who has a reputation for exploiting/hacking in the past) is exploiting again. He used an assassin's will from stealth without procing it with light attacks. I looked at my death recap, no light attacks. I also use combat metrics and I looked at my incoming damage, no light attacks. I was alone at a yellow resource (his faction) so he had no way to proc it from other players/npcs. I laid there dead and watched him do the same to another player that rode in less that 30 seconds later. There was no time for him to go find enemies elsewhere to build light attacks and he never light attacked me. I took a screenshot below.
MIl7Eek.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 14, 2022 5:56PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is in serious trouble now. Lol.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 14, 2018 3:36AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troven?
  • Revan1664
    Revan1664
    ✭✭
    Yeah happened to me too, a few minutes ago, BRK lumber. This was at a yellow resource, player was also AD, assassins will + impale with 0 light attacks on recap or combat metrics, dead within a second. No time to react. i was on a warden, full cheese, very tanky. I've never had this happen, not even against onslaught builds pre morrowind.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light attack with mend wounds will proc it. Could be a possibility if he was near ally. Not sure if they can target there own engine Guardian though
    Edited by Koolio on June 14, 2018 4:54AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know the charges of assassin´s will is stored as long as you´re in combat right? So if the nightblade had those saved from earlier (by light attacking other targets such as an NPC/Guard) he/she can use the bow-proc on you without you having a single light attack in your death recap.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    You know the charges of assassin´s will is stored as long as you´re in combat right? So if the nightblade had those saved from earlier (by light attacking other targets such as an NPC/Guard) he/she can use the bow-proc on you without you having a single light attack in your death recap.

The thing is, from the description of circumstances, he cannot be in the combat because 1. The resource was already his faction's. No guards to aggro. 2. The recorded attacks are only Soul Harvest + Will. You cannot get Assassin's Will back right after with 0 things to build the proc and cannot last that long in combat when in stealth. He might have found a way to glitch the proc.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 14, 2018 5:49AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend wounds makes your light attacks heal.

He was next to guards.

You can heal your own team’s guards.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

He was next to guards.

If that's the case, can it be ban worthy? I mean u did proc it with light attacks afterall...
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was next to guards.

***, I guess I missed that part. Mend Wound thing. In fact, I guess I glossed over Koolio's post.
  • tyr509
    tyr509
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Light attack with mend wounds will proc it.

Is this intended? This seems like people are exploiting a broken mechanic in the game. Not that it would be a first or anything...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was next to guards.

***, I guess I missed that part. Mend Wound thing. In fact, I guess I glossed over Koolio's post.

allot of times peoples posts don't show up for me either, your not alone in that, i reload page and don't see some posts.
    later, i return, and i see i missed a few posts as if it lagged or something.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're you in combat or riding up not in combat. If be healed a friendly npc that was attacking you then that's how it happened.

It's still not a light attack though. It's not an attack at all. Give it 3 months, maybe a fix will be talked about by then.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t sound intended but it’s not surprising if it is
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was next to guards.

If that's the case, can it be ban worthy? I mean u did proc it with light attacks afterall...

I doubt it. It sounds just really clever. Similar to building up ultimate on an NPC. It should be fixed, but it isn’t ban worthy. I’m just not sure how they keep the charges.
    Edited by Thogard on June 14, 2018 2:54PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend Wounds is working as intended, there's no indication that because your LAs heal rather than damage that this is bugged. They're still LAs. They just heal targets, not damage them. Couple that with a few now-more-relevant-because-Jewelrycrafting sets and good timing, you get epic Magblade gank builds like this.

Yet another triggered player immediately requesting someone get reported and banned because they lack the understanding of how the game works. Never gets old.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    Mend Wounds is working as intended, there's no indication that because your LAs heal rather than damage that this is bugged. They're still LAs. They just heal targets, not damage them. Couple that with a few now-more-relevant-because-Jewelrycrafting sets and good timing, you get epic Magblade gank builds like this.

Yet another triggered player immediately requesting someone get reported and banned because they lack the understanding of how the game works. Never gets old.

The requirement to actually be in combat and build up 5 LA for a proc is there for a reason though. Mend wounds fulfilling that requirement sounds unintended to me.
    Edited by Feanor on June 14, 2018 4:32PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't proc it, since you are not in combat with the guard because you are healing him, not attacking him. If you are not in combat then it won't save the proc.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was next to guards.

I doubt it. It sounds just really clever. Similar to building up ultimate on an NPC. It should be fixed, but it isn’t ban worthy. I’m just not sure how they keep the charges.

Keeping the charges is something that needs some clarification. Feel like half the time I can recast and keep the stack, other half its gone. Was in combat both ways after a recent kill or w/e. Not sure what the difference is
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm willing to bet op engaged the guards, magblade healed in combat guard putting him in combat, then wrecked op. Gg wp.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably working as intended but in a way they didn't anticipate.

tenor.gif?itemid=4408282
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    You can't proc it, since you are not in combat with the guard because you are healing him, not attacking him. If you are not in combat then it won't save the proc.

What if guard You're healing is in combat ? :wink:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s actually very clever :o Using Mend Wounds Light attacks to get Bow procs off of allies.

This sounds cool tbh. Should this be patched? I’m not sure.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

The thing is, from the description of circumstances, he cannot be in the combat because 1. The resource was already his faction's. No guards to aggro. 2. The recorded attacks are only Soul Harvest + Will. You cannot get Assassin's Will back right after with 0 things to build the proc and cannot last that long in combat when in stealth. He might have found a way to glitch the proc.

Nope, you guys keep forgetting there are random "wolves" in cyrodiil...
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stuck in combat from Nikel to Ash all the time lol, no suprise he was in combat and maintaining the proc that long.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Just tested, you do NOT have to be in combat to proceed the scourge. And it stay with you, does not disappear, you recast focus and it's there. This is interesting. Have to more testing
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »

You need to be in combat in order to proc assasin's will. Light attacks alone are not enough. That's why the proc disappears when you leave combat. OP was in the right to be worried.

Clever as it may be to proc assasin's will this way. I do not think it is intended because healing targets not in combat does not place you in combat.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Mend wounds also procs Molag Kena, overkill.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend wounds also procs Molag Kena, overkill.

So you can get MK going for a assasins will out of stealth. I wonder if it does it healing and keeps you out of combat, if you can then switch gear as well.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had an issue like that earlier. I was ganked out of stealth and died instantly, and noticed that on my kill damage list.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested, you do NOT have to be in combat to proceed the scourge. And it stay with you, does not disappear, you recast focus and it's there. This is interesting. Have to more testing

There's your answer right there
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
This discussion has been closed.