The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Assassin's Will Exploit

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. Healing a guard who is in combat should trigger the in combat status in Cyrodiil(which behaves differently than being in combat in pve)Mend wounds doesn’t say you no longer light or heavy attacks, simply that they instead heal targets.

Listen for the sound of the spectral bow and block/dodge roll
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 14, 2018 8:16PM
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now a Nerf Crispen Thread

snwn7wbft6yd.png

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mend wounds makes your light attacks heal.

He was next to guards.

You can heal your own team’s guards.

Except applying this to his situation, how is he staying in combat as the charge is lost when ooc.

How does he build charges from ooc by healing guards in this manner. Seems like something is not working as intended.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested, you do NOT have to be in combat to proceed the scourge. And it stay with you, does not disappear, you recast focus and it's there. This is interesting. Have to more testing

Ok there you have it, bugged and not dropping the charge when ooc.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    Mend Wounds is working as intended, there's no indication that because your LAs heal rather than damage that this is bugged. They're still LAs. They just heal targets, not damage them. Couple that with a few now-more-relevant-because-Jewelrycrafting sets and good timing, you get epic Magblade gank builds like this.

Yet another triggered player immediately requesting someone get reported and banned because they lack the understanding of how the game works. Never gets old.

What does get old is listening to you think you know what you're talking about.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely noticed a stack not dropping while I was fishing for a while.

Now they will not address for 6 months.
    Then “fix” it and by that I mean break the move for 6 months
    Then rework the conditions and add in some other bug
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Someone cleverly thinks of finding ways to get kills and use skills in unique ways and people run to the forums to cry cheater and bans... Good lord can anyone these days just admit they got killed and say gg and call it a day?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone cleverly thinks of finding ways to get kills and use skills in unique ways and people run to the forums to cry cheater and bans... Good lord can anyone these days just admit they got killed and say gg and call it a day?

That’s what I’m saying! Lol. Clever use of skills should be encouraged.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to try the stam version of this then line up a snipe into bow proc ambush execute just to be sure. Can call this Sloads payback
    Edited by technohic on June 14, 2018 9:52PM
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of quick questions..
    1. Does using mend wounds pull you out of stealth when used?
    2. is it possible to use Mend Wounds on a Guard (friendly npc) or player with full health or do they have to be taking damage in order to get an assassin will charge?

Because if a player can just remain in stealth and charge their Assassin Will via mend wounds on guards or players at full health and not in taking damage then this is a big pile of BS.

Plus if this is the case when ZOS does fix it they will most likely completely nerf Assassin's Will as this tends to be their track record for fixing bugs.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    A couple of quick questions..
    1. Does using mend wounds pull you out of stealth when used?
    2. is it possible to use Mend Wounds on a Guard (friendly npc) or player with full health or do they have to be taking damage in order to get an assassin will charge?

Because if a player can just remain in stealth and charge their Assassin Will via mend wounds on guards or players at full health and not in taking damage then this is a big pile of BS.

Plus if this is the case when ZOS does fix it they will most likely completely nerf Assassin's Will as this tends to be their track record for fixing bugs.
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes, you can use it on full health players, pets or NPCs.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If enough things like this remain in game, then sloads won't get nerfed
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Working as intended. Healing a guard who is in combat should trigger the in combat status in Cyrodiil(which behaves differently than being in combat in pve)Mend wounds doesn’t say you no longer light or heavy attacks, simply that they instead heal targets.

You do NOT have to heal a guard in combat, he/she doesn't have to be in combat. And it the proc will stay, all you have to do is recast relentless focus. I tested it. This can't be intended. Also it procs Molag Kena, which also can't be as intended. Read the tool tip.

I can proc scourge off guards not in combat, if I get in combat and not use scourge, and then I get out of combat, you will have to re proc it. But yes I can proc it out of combat on guards and other friendly players. Cheers
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is another oversight from devs. The bow proc is supposed to be only when it combat yourself which was what was stated anyways. Which means, guard being in combat and you aren't shouldn't be proccing the bow if everything was done correctly.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You do NOT have to heal a guard in combat, he/she doesn't have to be in combat. And it the proc will stay, all you have to do is recast relentless focus. I tested it. This can't be intended. Also it procs Molag Kena, which also can't be as intended. Read the tool tip.

I can proc scourge off guards not in combat, if I get in combat and not use scourge, and then I get out of combat, you will have to re proc it. But yes I can proc it out of combat on guards and other friendly players. Cheers

Does it get removed it if you disengage Mend Wounds? Not currently able to test myself.
    Edited by Koolio on June 15, 2018 3:19AM
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Does it get removed it if you disengage Mend Wounds? Not currently able to test myself.

No, I was using it bg's and pvp, no, turn off and on mend wounds as much as your heart desires, even during when the proc is up, no change.
    Edited by rimmidimdim on June 15, 2018 3:34AM
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, more tests, even friendly pets it works on, in combat or not
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is now a Nerf Crispen Thread

snwn7wbft6yd.png

Did you fry yourself attacking while guard eclipsed Crispy?
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turning Will into a spammable is not clever use of game mechanics. It’s a bug, and crosses the border of an exploit.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Turning Will into a spammable is not clever use of game mechanics. It’s a bug, and crosses the border of an exploit.

Technically, it is an exploit because this clearly is an unintended functionality that gives quite an advantage to the person using it as they can have their bursts up 100% of the time when they want them by going around the intended mechanic. And last time, ZOS defined exploit as intentional use of bugs/glitches and other unintended mechanics by players. Don't expect this to be accepted like animation cancelling was.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 15, 2018 10:15AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is an exploit; I don’t expect much to come out of it. The ones they have come down hard on generally involved getting rare drops that are supposed to be an accomplishment, or mass chunks of AP. A kill or death is really insignificant when you think about it
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna need to do some playing around with this. This is pretty interesting.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in a BG, i could turn on Mend wounds, LA 5 times on a teammate, recast my Relentless infinitely, and then have it at the beginning of my next fight guaranteed? This calls for a Relentless Focus one-shot build, which sounds like what happened to the OP.

Kudos to the person who figured it out, and get to harvest all the tears.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what "mend wounds" is unless it's something to do with the new psijic skill line that I haven't leveled, but I just hope this gets fixed without breaking the way assassin's will works.
    For everyone crying ban, please go google/YouTube DK's dragon leaping into keeps or sorcs streaking into outposts & tell me how many people were banned from that.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Technically, it is an exploit because this clearly is an unintended functionality that gives quite an advantage to the person using it as they can have their bursts up 100% of the time when they want them by going around the intended mechanic. And last time, ZOS defined exploit as intentional use of bugs/glitches and other unintended mechanics by players. Don't expect this to be accepted like animation cancelling was.

Don't say 'clearly' you don't know. Unless you're a mind reader and can read thoughts of the devs, maybe just wait for official word. Also listen for twong and be ready to RD!
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    So, in a BG, i could turn on Mend wounds, LA 5 times on a teammate, recast my Relentless infinitely, and then have it at the beginning of my next fight guaranteed? This calls for a Relentless Focus one-shot build, which sounds like what happened to the OP.

Kudos to the person who figured it out, and get to harvest all the tears.

Not quite accurate. If you are in combat, and the proc is ready, and then you go out of combat, you will have to re proc. But all you have to do is, light attack a teammate or anything friendly that is killable five times and it's ready to go again. Cheers.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Don't say 'clearly' you don't know. Unless you're a mind reader and can read thoughts of the devs, maybe just wait for official word. Also listen for twong and be ready to RD!

And where in the patch notes for Assassin's Will change say that you can keep your proc when not in combat? Obviously, nowhere. It's unintended and you are trying to justify the exploitation of obvious unintended glitch.

From Patch 3.3.2:

"Nightblade
    Assassination
    Grim Focus: The stacks you build toward the bow proc for this ability and its morphs will now remain if you recast the ability early, or if the ability expires. The partial stack will be removed if you exit combat."
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 15, 2018 6:05PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you exit combat if you aren’t in combat to begin with?

Troll face meme.jpg
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    How can you exit combat if you aren’t in combat to begin with?

Troll face meme.jpg

Sure... And technically only partial stacks are intended to be removed by that wording too.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're crossing the streams and getting all weird with Mend Wounds, can a Sorcerer in Overload activate Mend on the Overload bar and switch from healing to damage LA's?
This discussion has been closed.