Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls VI: what’s the landscape?

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading reddit, I’ll place my bet on Hammerfell, mostly because of the font used and matching environment & climat.
    Edited by MarrazzMist on June 12, 2018 8:46AM
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering the coastline, the craggy mountains, the mists, the medieval looking castle and the hue of the greenery it seems to point out to High Rock which could also be expanded into Hammerfell and Wrothgar. Considering the font is brass, it could be something to do with the Dwemer and game taking place around the time of the peak of their civilisation.

I'm not sure how that would work though, since all ES games go forward into the future, so maybe a game focused on the return of the Dwemer in the 4th Era? Again, if that is even possible? Let's remember that abusing the heart of Lorkhan has always had permanent results (ALMSIVI becoming gods, Dunmer getting punished). Then again where did the Dwemer go? To Aetherius? Did they live there and now are coming back? I prefer the theory that they simply erased themselves from the timeline permanently and no Dwemer (except for one) had ever existed nor will they exist in this scenario.

There will be a lot of speculation and theories until ES6 is released in 2045 :trollface: but Dwemer seem like a good bet, since players have been begging for a game focused on them since Morrowind.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • jeo329
    jeo329
    ✭✭
    I think release 2020 on next gen consoles to be honest
    Options
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I am thinking maybe this ES VI will not be in Tamriel but something like Akavir because ESO is supposed to cover all of Tamriel but it's just a guess. There is a "V" and a "I" in Akavir and it's eso VI.

Yes i also guess it would be Akavir...

https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Considering the coastline, the craggy mountains, the mists, the medieval looking castle and the hue of the greenery it seems to point out to High Rock which could also be expanded into Hammerfell and Wrothgar. Considering the font is brass, it could be something to do with the Dwemer and game taking place around the time of the peak of their civilisation.

I'm not sure how that would work though, since all ES games go forward into the future, so maybe a game focused on the return of the Dwemer in the 4th Era? Again, if that is even possible? Let's remember that abusing the heart of Lorkhan has always had permanent results (ALMSIVI becoming gods, Dunmer getting punished). Then again where did the Dwemer go? To Aetherius? Did they live there and now are coming back? I prefer the theory that they simply erased themselves from the timeline permanently and no Dwemer (except for one) had ever existed nor will they exist in this scenario.

There will be a lot of speculation and theories until ES6 is released in 2045 :trollface: but Dwemer seem like a good bet, since players have been begging for a game focused on them since Morrowind.

Erasing themselves from a timeline would entail erasing their impact from the world as well. But that doesn't happen. Dwemer ruins are everywhere.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 12, 2018 9:46AM
    Options
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Does it matter.. Its like a year away and everything in E3 gets revamped and nerfed 500 times before release anyway..

Look at what they've done to Fallout 76... Imagine what TES6 will be like...

lol, try multiple years away. Early 2020's at the earliest, since its definitely not coming until after Starfield, and we don't know how long after. and we don't know how long until Starfield is released. ES6 is probably at the very least another 3 years away.
    Edited by JJBoomer on June 12, 2018 10:04AM
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My brain is close to imploding after all the terrible speculation in this thread :D

The teaser location is Hammerfell. Specifically, looking south towards Taneth or Rihad in the distance (circled). Image is MASSIVE so open in a new tab if you want a really good look:

i-spy-with-my-little-eye.jpeg

And here's a map of Hammerfell with biomes featured so you can see how well this matches up. Taneth and Rihad are near Hew's Bane, or just follow the Gold Coast up from Cyrodiil/Anvil. Hammerfell is a lot more than desert, in the same way Skyrim was a lot more than snow. So don't think a bit of greenery on these arid hills must mean High Rock :tongue:

map_hf_names.jpg
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Darkstorne Where is that map from?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    My brain is close to imploding after all the terrible speculation in this thread :D

The teaser location is Hammerfell. Specifically, looking south towards Taneth or Rihad in the distance (circled). Image is MASSIVE so open in a new tab if you want a really good look:

And here's a map of Hammerfell with biomes featured so you can see how well this matches up. Taneth and Rihad are near Hew's Bane, or just follow the Gold Coast up from Cyrodiil/Anvil. Hammerfell is a lot more than desert, in the same way Skyrim was a lot more than snow. So don't think a bit of greenery on these arid hills must mean High Rock :tongue:

I think this geography might work as Hammerfell if Shadymarch is the castle by a lake bed in the foreground and Tanith is the city on an estuary that you have ringed in red.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like for it to be Elsweyr I think Bethsoft knows Elsweyr and Black Marsh are the two most highly sought locales, and I think they're also saving them until the new generation of consoles is firmly set and purposely holding them in their back pockets for a time when they need an ace in the hole.

In terms of Biomes, Darkstorne is right, it looks like Taneth in the image. Hammerfell would make a lot of sense, although I'm interested if the map reaches west towards Sentinel or North and Northeast towards the Dragontail Mountains. I'm hoping it's the latter, and I also hope that it's going to have more Dwemer lore in the game since Hammerfell is the home of the Dwemer.

I also highly doubt the timeline will pick up right after Skyrim, Bethesda likes to space the time out so that the previous hero can safely be explained out of the timeline. But hey, you never know.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's gonna be part High Rock, part Hammerfell, since there's only one Tower left to deactivate. Jyggalag better make his return for some sweet, sweet revenge, or I'll be so sad...
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The terrain looks way too alien to be anything in Tamriel. It sorta resembles High Rock (Wrothgar, Rivenspire) a bit but not really.

I believe that it's Akavir. I could see ESO giving us all of the Tamriel that we can handle, then TES IV sending us to the eastern reaches of Nirn. Good way to keep both games from competing with one another. Would also explain why ESO has a thing for mentioning the Akaviri all the time, but has yet to show us an actual image of them.

There's also this prediction from Morrowind.

And this, my friends, i why Morrowind and it's expansions are the best TES games. So much lore and hidden hints.

Oblivion and Skyrim talking to NPC is like:
    Blablabla

- yes
    - maybe
    - leave

ESO is like
    Blabla

- Yes
    - Leave

While Morrowind was like
    Blablablablabla blablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablabl ablablablabla blablablablabla blablablablablablablablabla. blablablablabl ablablablab lablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablabla.. blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla.. blablablablablabl ablablablablablablab lablablablabl ablablablablablablabla.. blablablablablablabla blablablab lablablablablablablablablabla blabla.. blablablablablablablablablablablabla

- background
    - rumors
    - secret
    - yes
    - no
    - maybe
    - hyperlink 1 in discussion (mostly hidden until the hyperlink was clicked)
    - hyperlink 2 in discussion
    - hyperlink 3 in discussion
    - lots
    - of
    - other
    - options
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it wasn't a desert, most on new games/expantions hase a damned desert thematic (both single and multy player games). So tired of this sh.... stuff.
    I want the real SUmmerset, but it was already releasen in TESO, atleast as pale shadow of real Sumerset, but this is enough to not make it theme on a new game.
    Also hope this isnt a multyplayer game (like fallout 76 - build anything enywhere but be ready for dutchbags destroy it till you offline).
    Options
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes place in Micheal Kirkbride's Headcanon, Hammerfell during Landfall with the Numidium. C'mon, people. ;)

44752-0-1485871210.png
    Edited by Claudman on June 12, 2018 11:21AM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
    Options
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The terrain looks way too alien to be anything in Tamriel. It sorta resembles High Rock (Wrothgar, Rivenspire) a bit but not really.

I believe that it's Akavir. I could see ESO giving us all of the Tamriel that we can handle, then TES IV sending us to the eastern reaches of Nirn. Good way to keep both games from competing with one another. Would also explain why ESO has a thing for mentioning the Akaviri all the time, but has yet to show us an actual image of them.

There's also this prediction from Morrowind.

Amen, Brother. Finally someone gets me.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    way too much green for it to be Elsweyr
    Options
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    looks like high rock
    Options
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammerfell
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say hammerfell
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES 6 was teased at the end of BE3 showcase: Todd Howard showed short scene of mountains and the title.
    This was exactly what it was intended to be: a teaser.

In a follow-up interview, Todd stated TES VI was in pre-production, meaning all the story boards and artworks are now being conceptually put together.

Given this, it's highly likely TESVI will not be current console bound until the market saturates with more PSPro and XBX consoles.

This game won't even see the light of day until 2020, minimum.

Reality: 2022.

So, where are those mountains? No where. They're just mountains. The next teaser will fly over a desert. The one after that perhaps an island.

And the internet will rip them all, frame by frame, because they're impatient fools who can't accept a teaser for what it is.

Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where using the eso map to guess so it should be fine right mods
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, while we are all very excited about the next chapter in the TES universe, these forums are for ESO related topics only. If you wish to further discuss TES VI, please do so here. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.