Elder Scrolls VI: what’s the landscape?

MarrazzMist
MarrazzMist
✭✭✭✭
TES 6 was teased at the end of BE3 showcase: Todd Howard showed short scene of mountains and the title.

What were the mountains, anyone knows?
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like High Rock... But who knows? The coast is north is all I know..It kinda fits like this area does

q3Ytfvx.png
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a guess, High Rock seems to be the general consensus on the Internet.

It's speculated that it'll take place right after Skyrim in the timeline.

Personally, I think it's too early and too vague to tell.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the coastline west of Taneth and Rihad, with the Colovian Highlands in the background. So Hammerfell.

I really wanted to go there in ESO, but I guess this is fine, too.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    It's the coastline west of Taneth and Rihad, with the Colovian Highlands in the background. So Hammerfell.

do you think we won't get Hammerfell in ESO if TES6 takes place in Hammerfell?
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Looks like High Rock... But who knows? The coast is north is all I know..It kinda fits like this area does

q3Ytfvx.png

Erm.. that's Skyrim lol.

And to the left is High Rock, it's on ESO. Go have a look for yourself and you'll see the trailer definitely isn't High Rock.

Just casuals spitting out the same thing on the internet with no real clue. They see rocks they see mountains so... high rock!

No lol just no
    Options
  • Archon_Ravage
    Well we dont know when TESVI takes place, so it very well could look very different than what we know from ESO. My guess is High rock, but I don't discount the possibility of Hammerfell.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

q3Ytfvx.png

Erm.. that's Skyrim lol.

And to the left is High Rock, it's on ESO. Go have a look for yourself and you'll see the trailer definitely isn't High Rock.

Just casuals spitting out the same thing on the internet with no real clue. They see rocks they see mountains so... high rock!

No lol just no

Exactly. But the Internet is gonna internet :p
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well we dont know when TESVI takes place, so it very well could look very different than what we know from ESO. My guess is High rock, but I don't discount the possibility of Hammerfell.

Geography changes very very slowly, so I don't think anything will look a lot different, unless TES6 takes place absurdly far into the future. unless you're referring to something else, but I think you meant geography changing
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

do you think we won't get Hammerfell in ESO if TES6 takes place in Hammerfell?

I certainly think it's less likely.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but will it be an open world survival game? that is the important question!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Geography changes very very slowly, so I don't think anything will look a lot different, unless TES6 takes place absurdly far into the future. unless you're referring to something else, but I think you meant geography changing

Eastmarch changed a hell of a lot... but that is clearly geologically active

The Rift changed a bit, a rise in water level but it would be effected by the changes to eastmarch.

I think it is Hammerfel, there are plenty of rocker regions in Hammerfel, but a lot of people seem to think its High Rock. it seems kind of too empty and Arid to be High Rock, which is much more green. It could still be both, and focus on the Direnni tower in the center.
    Edited by Narvuntien on June 12, 2018 5:18AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we are getting Skyrim 2 lol. That's pretty boring, but I guess they're trying to capitalize on its popularity. The young fans would also throw a fit if it took place anywhere else as Skyrim was the first and only TES game for most of them.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 12, 2018 5:24AM
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say. Thankfully doesn't look like a swamp though.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but will it be an open world survival game? that is the important question!

You know, at first I legit thought Fallout 76 was going to be like ESO for the Fallout universe.
    So we are getting Skyrim 2 lol. That's pretty boring, but I guess they're trying to capitalize on its popularity. The young fans would also throw a fit if it took place anywhere else as Skyrim was the first and only TES game for most of them.

Well, Skyrim was a big moneymaker for them, so I don't doubt TES 6 will share some features from Skyrim.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added building settlements like in FO4
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be out when it's out
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it matter.. Its like a year away and everything in E3 gets revamped and nerfed 500 times before release anyway..

Look at what they've done to Fallout 76... Imagine what TES6 will be like...
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking it's the coast of Elsweyr somewhere between Senchel and Rimmen.

Why?

Elsweyr is made up by Desert, Rock Canyons and Badlands in the North, and in the South it is made up of Jungle and Rain Forests.

If you watch the video closely, you are coming out of clouds or mist and there is low lying mist in the large canyon on the left. In mountainous and low laying areas, this often occurs in the morning and it burnt away by mid-morning sun. If you look at the shade from the mountains, the sun would be low on the horizon, and if it's taken as morning, it means the sun is in the east, indicating an eastern coastal region.

Additionally, there is the old Khajit Proverb ""a perfect society is always elsewhere" and when they gave a teaser a few years ago for ES6 they did say they would see us "Elsewhere".
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's too early to say as well. We know it can't be the following: Black Marsh, Vvardenfell, Summerset, Cyrodill, and Skyrim. Some might argue it "could" be Skyrim 2, but BGS wouldn't do that, they're done with Skyrim, they've even made jokes about it.

ES6 can be the following: High Rock, Hammerfell, Valenwood, and possibly even Elsweyr. Many will immediately see Valenwood and yell at me saying I'm stupid because Valenwood is a bunch of trees (trust me, people have been telling me this since yesterday); however, Valenwood is not all just lush forests and giant trees. There are grasslands, empty valleys, and even desert, mountain areas near the coast and border of Elsweyr. Like Skyrim, all of the territories listed have different geographical regions.

I think BGS purposefully made the teaser vague and one that can be speculated as multiple regions. If they had just shown giant trees or giant castles or Yokudan temples/statues, that would ruin the surprise and later full announcement. They purposefully left it vague so we can guess between multiple territories. At the moment, I think High Rock is definitely the most likely; however, it's important not to leave the other 3 possibilities.

Hammerfell, from what I remember, is a lot more desert, so I don't know if it will be Hammerfell, but the geography could have changed in certain regions in Hammerfell to add more grass. Elesweyr is one we really haven't seen and can't speculate that much on, since we've barely seen it in ESO (in fact, Reaper's March is still more Valenwood than Elsweyr). Valenwood can still be a possibility, for example, the scene could be southern Valenwood on the coast and on the border of Elsweyr. It would probably be similar to Reaper's March, but less Savannah-like and probably more desert like, as seen in the teaser.

Also, some people have been suggesting the addition of two provinces in one game, given that BGS has been waiting for the invention of new technology (probably meaning a new game engine). Although that's pure speculation, it would be interesting to see and would probably mean either a High Rock and Hammerfell game or a Valenwood and Elsweyr game.
    Edited by Zachary_Shadow on June 12, 2018 5:45AM
    Options
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for insighful answers. So High Rock is good guess, but there are other possibilities, like Elsweyr <3 But I’ll take anything.

It may be year or two or three, but BE3 was start of the countdown.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooo maybe we'll learn about the dwemer.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking maybe this ES VI will not be in Tamriel but something like Akavir because ESO is supposed to cover all of Tamriel but it's just a guess. There is a "V" and a "I" in Akavir and it's eso VI.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on June 12, 2018 6:11AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is Hammerfell. The crater is where the dwemer's threw their hammer Volendrung at, why it is also known as Volenfell, since the hammer fell on that location.

I hope it is this area, Desert, mountains, grasslands, oh my i would love to go there. But we have to wait and see until they tell us more.

Edited by Knootewoot on June 12, 2018 6:12AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based solely on the geography and what I know of TES geography, it looks like High Rock to me. If it were Elsweyr I'd figure they'd show off deserts or jungle. If it were Valenwood I'd again think we'd see much more jungle. If it were Hammerfell I'd figure they'd focus on the desert environment. Instead, we have a bunch of craggy peaks and sparse-ish vegetation. Definitely more like a typical High Rock biome, but we'll see.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say Hammerfell. But it could also possibly be Elsweyr as we have never seen that ingame.
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

q3Ytfvx.png

Erm.. that's Skyrim lol.

No lol just no

Skyrim is to the right I don't believe Skyrim went out that far to the left. Honestly though the ESO map is bad to use as its inaccurate lol.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Based solely on the geography and what I know of TES geography, it looks like High Rock to me. If it were Elsweyr I'd figure they'd show off deserts or jungle. If it were Valenwood I'd again think we'd see much more jungle. If it were Hammerfell I'd figure they'd focus on the desert environment. Instead, we have a bunch of craggy peaks and sparse-ish vegetation. Definitely more like a typical High Rock biome, but we'll see.

I doubt they would show the points that you made. It's a teaser trailer. If it was a full trailer, then yes, they would show everything in those regions, like the giant trees in Valenwood or the barren deserts in Hammerfell, but it's a teaser. Why would they show giant trees or barren deserts which would only lead us to one possible conclusion? It would be like, "Oh, there are them giant trees, welp, it's Valenwood everyone, pack your bags, it's done. Wait 5-6 years for the game, but it's Valenwood!" There would be no big surprise and full announcement later on if they just showed it. They were specifically vague for a reason so we can speculate and they can later surprise us with the reveal trailer. They specifically showed a region that geographically can fit in multiple territories. It's common sense.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I see in that clip is a really, really big crater slap bang in the middle of it all. It could be what Vvardenfell looks like after Bar Dau hits and Red Mountain explodes. The big castle looks a lot like a roughly shaped pile of slop to me. So, I think it's going to be Morrowind, again, but this time populated entirely by Argonians. In a post-apocalyptic landscape with small-scale open-world PvP, settlement building and lots of opportunities for microtransactions, on-line 24/7.
    PC EU
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not ESO therefore inb4lock
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Sotha_Sil; I was thinking the same thing when I saw the clip.... Why does it have to be in Tamriel ?
    It could very well be Akavir....
    Options
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    The terrain looks way too alien to be anything in Tamriel. It sorta resembles High Rock (Wrothgar, Rivenspire) a bit but not really.

I believe that it's Akavir. I could see ESO giving us all of the Tamriel that we can handle, then TES IV sending us to the eastern reaches of Nirn. Good way to keep both games from competing with one another. Would also explain why ESO has a thing for mentioning the Akaviri all the time, but has yet to show us an actual image of them.

There's also this prediction from Morrowind.
    Edited by Darios_Heliodromos on June 12, 2018 8:42AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.