Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Weakness To Magic - Advice Request

Rogue_Ghost
Rogue_Ghost
✭✭✭
I have a Khajiit thief/assassin character whom is deathly allergic to those mildly annoying people in the flashy robes and their sparkly sticks. Seems every time there is more than one, which he may or may not have acted aggressive towards - or liberated an item which was calling out to him for assistance from their oppressive owners... - he spontaneously combusts, freezes, or otherwise develops a sudden case of death. It's curable, but annoying.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for how to enchant armor to help prevent this from happening? Like... bubble wrap, or armor made out of Magic Benadryl?
"Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Armour enchantments are not that big of a deal on this issue.

It's CP, armour style (e.g. Light, Medium Heavy) and buff food is the biggest issue most likely.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a champion point passive that gives you greater resistance to spells (and another that improves your resistance to physical damage). I don't know if you have any champion points yet (you start getting them after level 50), but when you do, you'll be able to put points into that passive.
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your responses - and I do have Champion Points I have allocated to the spell resistance. But, overall, it just seems that I am incredibly weak to anything having to do with magic. I've learned to pretty much deal with it and only take on tougher scenarios with a group who can assist, but in those situations where I am supposed to complete the objective on my own - it can be extremely frustrating.

I've noticed that mages, in general, seem to be able to light the world on fire - sometimes literally - and quickly lay waste to just about anything in their path with little resistance. But, playing a rogue-like character, using a lot of magic just doesn't mesh with my play style. It's hard to be stealthy when you have a big shiny stick with you.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know if you us two handed but brawler gives a shield that helps and it gets stronger the more damage you do
    Add in dark cloak for a heal and minor protection
    Edited by cjhhickman39 on June 16, 2018 7:55PM
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    If you could post a screen shot of your character sheet, or say your Magicka / Stamina / health pool + gear.

We might be able to give you a pointer to the specific advise related to gear / attribute allocation.

Also don't stand still in red fire aoe's :3 they hurt...
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    Also don't stand still in red fire aoe's :3 they hurt...

Yes. Yes, they do. lol :D

I will try and get a shot of my character up for assistance tweaking as well, or at least a list of details. I am on PS4 so transferring the photo over to the forums may be a challenge.

At another's suggestion, I did take a look at gear and how it effects my critical's. Making some adjustments there does seem to be paying off in a noticeable way. At least it feels like I am doing more overall damage when I can and staying alive longer during some of the more intense battles. But, I have yet to try it out on a world boss scenario, so we'll see how that goes.
    Edited by Rogue_Ghost on June 17, 2018 1:57AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe try shaving your fur off so it doesnt catch on fire?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.