Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuttering after Summerset on Xbox One

Zefre
Zefre
✭✭
Hi

I play the game on Xbox One X, and pre-patch, it ran pretty smoothly at 30 fps in 4k.

After patch, I get stuttering, like the issues reported on PC.

Any word on this issue and when we might expect a fix?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Zefre

If you are experiencing stuttering after the Summerset update, try the steps in the article below.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?

Please let us know if you see any improvement with the stuttering.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Zefre wrote: »
    Hi

I play the game on Xbox One X, and pre-patch, it ran pretty smoothly at 30 fps in 4k.

After patch, I get stuttering, like the issues reported on PC.

Any word on this issue and when we might expect a fix?
    I am on Xbox too and I'm getting this as well.
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Zefre

If you are experiencing stuttering after the Summerset update, try the steps in the article below.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?

Please let us know if you see any improvement with the stuttering.

This is an issue that is present on Xbox, even if you are running the One X. Seems to be a performance issue mainly in summerset but can be seen throughout tamriel. It is, however, not as bad as it has been in the past with some of the DLC content.
  • Zefre
    Zefre
    ✭✭
    It literally emerged after patch. Was a noticable difference.
  • Zefre
    Zefre
    ✭✭
    So far so good.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Zefre wrote: »
    It literally emerged after patch. Was a noticable difference.

This it did. It locks up for 1-2 seconds consistently. It appears to repeat ever 10-20 seconds in Summerset and Cyro. Outside of these zones it isn't too bad.

What I meant is that with the past chapters and dlc launches, we have experienced MUCH worse. It will only end up getting better.
  • Zefre
    Zefre
    ✭✭
    It seems a hard reset of the console helped a lot. I have not experienced any major stuttering after that.

I have not played in the Summerset areas yet though, so I can't comment on that.
  • Zefre
    Zefre
    ✭✭
    No, sorry, the stuttering has not stopped, it is the same, and it started after the Summerset patch, just as described on PC.
  • AtrophyFX
    AtrophyFX
    ✭✭
    id say this is the worse its ever been! never had such hard freezes mid combat like this before, no ammount of hard resets will sort it.
    "Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed." - Ann Marie
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    I have hard reset and done all the other *tricks* Game is still unplayable in pvp. Just went into a keep and freeze instant after the fight start.. We gonna have to wait for a month this time to? Still have the don't die Dlc in my head.. You die, you restart game dlc..
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really bad, especially in Cyrodiil. The game keeps freezing all the time. How they manage to break something new patch after patch is incredible.
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah had a full group in Cyrodiil tonight but the freezing was so bad everyone quit. @ZOS_RichLambert
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • Chaz0r
    Chaz0r
    For me also major problems since summerset. Some areas are pretty unplayable. Solutions above changed nothing
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Same issues here:

- Xbox One X (!!)
    - SSD external drive (!!)
    - 1080p Quality mode
    - ESO completely removed
    - All temp data removed
    - Alternate MAC adres cleared and reboot
    - Complete reinstall

100% same stuttering as before the reinstall

Stuttering seems to be related to texture loading and texture detail changes when moving rapidly through area's. More other players (player texture load) seems to increase the stuttering, but also on completely empty maps without other players, stuttering occurs every 20~30 seconds.

Also textures at close up range (when you're looking at someone else, or yourself) don't load the high-quality all the time.

So most likely it's texture loading related (but since my ESO is on a ssd, not very likely), or memory hogging without correct purging of old texture data.

Before the patch there were none of these issues.

Also, sometimes (when in crowded area's, like Wayrest Temple of the Divines) every texture is gone, and you can see through walls with a blue sky at the background.
    Edited by Excaltic on June 9, 2018 8:43PM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue. It's really bad and troubleshooting steps do not resolve it.
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Yep same issue. Mostly in BGs for me. This is a brand new oneX and brand new install so I seriously doubt the “tips” ZOS gave will do anything. It’s just more of the ZOS magic...

Oh and I love the added bonus of being locked out of a BG after the GAME freezes. Not my internet or my Xbox. The GAME. Good work all around...
    Edited by blindy107 on June 10, 2018 3:46PM
  • NateS4
    NateS4
    ✭✭
    Same issues. Primarily in summerset and cyro.
    Nerf Nate
    Xbox NA
    Small Scale PvP
    Stamden (Grand Overlord)
    Mag DK (Palatine)
    Mag/Stamblade (Praetorian)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyTq3wqzJ5K200K2JSNlRA?view_as=subscriber
  • TheSwollenBovine
    Its interesting to me that this issue is hitting both sides of the console spectrum
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone experiencing stuttering and freezing issues since the Summerset update, we have improvements coming in the next console update to help with these performance issues. You can find more information here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is stuttering, as I said. But now it's started randomly crashing to the dashboard too, and nothing specific seems to trigger it. It's crashed out about 15 times in the last hour alone. When I try to log back in it takes several attempts.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is stuttering, as I said. But now it's started randomly crashing to the dashboard too, and nothing specific seems to trigger it. It's crashed out about 15 times in the last hour alone. When I try to log back in it takes several attempts.

As stated by @ZOS_BillE, I'd at least wait for the next update. I believe that it is scheduled for next week.
  • OleResinHead
    OleResinHead
    ✭✭✭
    Man this lag and crashing is getting crazy now, especially in cyrodill. I have crashed out 4 times now in the past 15 minutes, very frustrating :(. Hopefully the update fixes these issues
  • OleResinHead
    OleResinHead
    ✭✭✭
    Man this lag and crashing is getting crazy now, especially in cyrodill. I have gotten frozen 4 times now in the past 15 minutes, very frustrating :(. Hopefully the update fixes these issues
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hearing the patch did nothing to fix the freezing! When will you fix this???
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    I just got one.. those fun restart Xbox freeze.. Ohh dear.. Next week? next year?

Load back in after the first freeze, than i get another one 30sec after.. Rip this game..
    Edited by HansaBergen on June 20, 2018 6:32PM
  • moon606
    moon606
    Soul Shriven
    Had to restart 6 times in 40 mins I give it another week then I’m off to a new game
  • KennisMenace
    KennisMenace
    ✭✭
    I cancelled my ESO plus subscription, and have deleted the game from my hard drive, I will keep checking the forums and if the game is fixed will reinstall the game, its too bad I was in a great social guild that did everything from trials to PVP !,love the game but the bugs are too much for me, cant enjoy the game anymore the way it is!