Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Just got summerset dlc. Help on new toon.

jam3s4343
jam3s4343
So as the title says i just purchased the dlc for summerset and am looking to create a new class. I was trying decide between stam warden and mag sorc, stam dk close behind. Ive played mag dk and stam sorc for a while and while they are both very fun i cant help but feel there are better classes for what i want. I prefer an in your face aggressive playstyle. I want to be able to wreck in cyrodil and battlegrounds while also being able to help out a geoup in vet dungeons and trials not just being a class no one ever wants in their party. Hope you can help me decide thanks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For doing vet dungeons AND trials AND Cyrodiil/battlegrounds, I'd say Mag Sorc is going to be the most versatile as a single class.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make two new chars. A stam warden for pvp and a magicka nightblade for pve.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Leandor wrote: »

I eventually plan on having 1 of each class at least but for now i want to focus on just one. Is nigtblade currently better then mag sorc in pve and pvp?
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    For doing vet dungeons AND trials AND Cyrodiil/battlegrounds, I'd say Mag Sorc is going to be the most versatile as a single class.

I had a buddy tell me the same i think i just might do that. Question about mag sorc pvp would a dw and destro be viable weapon setup to run or is would yiu have to run resto if your running dw.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jam3s4343 wrote: »

I eventually plan on having 1 of each class at least but for now i want to focus on just one. Is nigtblade currently better then mag sorc in pve and pvp?

I'd say that is probably personal preference. Let's say that for PvE magNB probably has a higher damage ceiling. For PvP, both playstyles are so different that it's difficult if not impossible to compare.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    jam3s4343 wrote: »

I'd say that is probably personal preference. Let's say that for PvE magNB probably has a higher damage ceiling. For PvP, both playstyles are so different that it's difficult if not impossible to compare.

Hmm I see damn haha I mean I do like all the lightning and pets for pve and for nightblade I like the whole idea of a blood mage. PvP it seems like the shields of the mag sorc are super op huh. Plus for pve I feel like sorc could solo things a lot better with pets and shields too.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m have all the classes. It’s really going to depend on your preferred playstyle. If you have the slots, you could create two, play them a little, then focus on one....since you want to focus. But my notes on your options.

Stamden

This will actually play a lot like your Sam sorc. I love my stam sorc and my stam warden. The warden trades away the sorc’s resource regen perks for mega heals...it’s a pretty fair trade. For me, success on a stamden means mastering subterranean assault, which is a really unique ability. When I learned to time it right and position everyone, I’m hitting an entire mob for 20k+ each. It just shreds trash mobs. In PvP the combat style is like a stam sorc, but with thenheals they are soooooo hard to kill.

Mag Sorc

This plays like a dps machine. They’re far more ranged than the above classes. They can shield stack to be tankier than a stam dk (which is insane). They have amazing resource management. Based on your exiting characters, this might bring in some nice variation in attack styles and damage types...quite a bit different from your current toons. I personally find mag sorc to be a bit dull to play because the rotation feels repetitive and I don’t love the staff attacks. I still like my mag sorc, butnuse him less. That’s where personal preference comes in, because many people utterly love them and dislike stamblades, my preferred class.

Nightblades

Because you ask about them...both types are strong in PvP and PvE. Stamblades are insanely deadly in PvP. However, I’ll warn you that in PvE the playstyle is way different than your existing toons and there will be a big learning curve. At first you’d feel squishy and spend a lot of time looking at death recaps, lol. But once someone learns that surviving as a blade means less heals and more learning to never get hit, they’re pretty resilient. The drawback to blades I see formyou is that you sound ready to move into vet PvE pretty quick. A stam warden would transfer a lot of knowledge from your stam sorc. Mag sorc is pretty easy to learn and has a lot of skills in common with your mag dk. But a nightblade would be a totally different tool box and play style and approach...you’d have to learn the class from the ground up, and probably spend several weeks getting used to it.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I’m have all the classes. It’s really going to depend on your preferred playstyle. If you have the slots, you could create two, play them a little, then focus on one....since you want to focus. But my notes on your options.

Stamden

This will actually play a lot like your Sam sorc. I love my stam sorc and my stam warden. The warden trades away the sorc’s resource regen perks for mega heals...it’s a pretty fair trade. For me, success on a stamden means mastering subterranean assault, which is a really unique ability. When I learned to time it right and position everyone, I’m hitting an entire mob for 20k+ each. It just shreds trash mobs. In PvP the combat style is like a stam sorc, but with thenheals they are soooooo hard to kill.

Mag Sorc

This plays like a dps machine. They’re far more ranged than the above classes. They can shield stack to be tankier than a stam dk (which is insane). They have amazing resource management. Based on your exiting characters, this might bring in some nice variation in attack styles and damage types...quite a bit different from your current toons. I personally find mag sorc to be a bit dull to play because the rotation feels repetitive and I don’t love the staff attacks. I still like my mag sorc, butnuse him less. That’s where personal preference comes in, because many people utterly love them and dislike stamblades, my preferred class.

Nightblades

Because you ask about them...both types are strong in PvP and PvE. Stamblades are insanely deadly in PvP. However, I’ll warn you that in PvE the playstyle is way different than your existing toons and there will be a big learning curve. At first you’d feel squishy and spend a lot of time looking at death recaps, lol. But once someone learns that surviving as a blade means less heals and more learning to never get hit, they’re pretty resilient. The drawback to blades I see formyou is that you sound ready to move into vet PvE pretty quick. A stam warden would transfer a lot of knowledge from your stam sorc. Mag sorc is pretty easy to learn and has a lot of skills in common with your mag dk. But a nightblade would be a totally different tool box and play style and approach...you’d have to learn the class from the ground up, and probably spend several weeks getting used to it.

Yea im playing some battlegrounds with my nightblade and while fun I can see it’ll take a lot of getting used to. Think for stam I’m deciding between stamplar and stamden. Do each do well in trials and other get pve content if so which of the two is better in your opinion.