The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I have problems starting the game.

Stonerrt
Stonerrt
Soul Shriven
I have been having problems having to repair the Launcher every time a new file downloads. After the last update the launcher will not open the game. After trying for days I finally got Problem detail box stating that the crash is at thread 42 or 43 I'm running a Mac Pro 5,1 with 2 six core Xeons, An R9 280 4 Gig video card, 32 Gig of ram running OS X 10.13.5. The problem also exists under OS X 10.11.6. Safe boot does not effect the issue. I enjoy ESO even having to spend a hour repairing and rechecking all terms and such every time I want to play. I hope someone can help me find my way to fix this.

Ray Stone
  • Stonerrt
    Stonerrt
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply Dorminglione. I have been following the others having problems opening the game. I posted because my symptoms are quite different. Upon clicking the play button a new window starts to open and the collapses before it opens. As I said problem at thread 42 or 43 Is much earlier in in the boot process than the other problems described.

Thanks
    Ray
  • Annelid01
    Annelid01
    ✭✭
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in the other thread: if you have the chance, try to activate a VPN connection (hotspot shield or any other service). For me is working perfectly. Nothing to do with core performances issues.
  • Stonerrt
    Stonerrt
    Soul Shriven
    I've already edited My usersettings.txt as suggested in the other thread. No Joy. I've been able to get the Game Consultant to run by booting from a backup drive so I have submitted a ticket. Now I just wait for support to read it.

Ray
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    Stonerrt wrote: »
    I've already edited My usersettings.txt as suggested in the other thread. No Joy. I've been able to get the Game Consultant to run by booting from a backup drive so I have submitted a ticket. Now I just wait for support to read it.

Ray

I tried and was working for me. No VPN required anymore. I have a iMac 12,1 i7 3.4 GHz AMD Radeon HD6970 2 Gigs
  • sphane
    sphane
    ✭✭✭

Ray

Have you limited the number of cores to 6 in user settings ?
  • Stonerrt
    Stonerrt
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I edited the usersettings.txt (limited to 6 cores). I have a ticket open. Support wanted some of my logs so I sent them 4 days ago, but the "My Support" page set they are still waiting for my reply. Very little feed back from them.

Ray
  • sphane
    sphane
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I edited the usersettings.txt (limited to 6 cores). I have a ticket open. Support wanted some of my logs so I sent them 4 days ago, but the "My Support" page set they are still waiting for my reply. Very little feed back from them.

Ray

So it might be a different issue on top of the multi process problem (your settings will remain valid). I had this problem sometimes when the launcher and the update is messing and the reparation process failed to fix. What I do, instead of reinstalling whole game is to restore the game full directory from Time Machine to a version prior the non working update then download again the patch. It always worked for me. Have you try something like that ?

Can you post the beginning of your crash report ?
  • Stonerrt
    Stonerrt
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't tried restoring from Time Machine as yet. Would be glad to post a crash report. Do you want the one from the game , the launcher or the Game Consultant?

Ray
  • Stonerrt
    Stonerrt
    Soul Shriven
    My support ticket has been escalated 3 times now. But I haven't heard from Support for about 36 hours. Still waiting.

Ray