The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trinimac and Malacath

lukastef
lukastef
✭✭
So Im playing wrothgar dlc and orcs there fight over who to worship.Now I know the story how Boetiah devoured Trinimac and basically craped out Malacath. This always confused me because I know that Trinimac killed Lorkhan so he has to be extremly powerful. Then how did Boethiah manage to kill him. That all happened because we have writings of elves but if we saw writings of people who worship Trinimac they are bound to disagree, otherwise they wouldnt worship him. Does trinimac still exists or is he gone and how did boethiah manage to kill him?
If I had to rank all the et ada I would say
Auri el> Jygulag>Trinimac >Lorkhan so its confusing to me how boethiah killed trinimac
  • Prinseth
    Prinseth
    ✭✭✭
    The book that talks about it, “The Changed Ones”, is a metaphor of how Boethiah defeated and consumed Trinimac, which is confirmed in the Lord Of Souls by Malacath, I wouldn’t do it justice trying to explain it though so hopefully someone else can.
    Edited by Prinseth on June 3, 2018 10:40PM
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant remember the exact source but there is one ingame text that refers to Boethiah winning through trickery of some kind. Also that Malacath himself has stated the excreted part is taken too literally.

The question of "does trinimac still exist" i feel boils down to more of a question on whether Malacath is/was Trinimac in the first place. Was he really changed into a daedra? Can he be changed back? Or perhaps is Malacath not Trinimac changed in the first place? As far as sources go then Malacath is Trinimac and the current worshipers of Trinimac are praying to a daedra unknowingly or to no one at all
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    lukastef wrote: »
    So Im playing wrothgar dlc and orcs there fight over who to worship.Now I know the story how Boetiah devoured Trinimac and basically craped out Malacath. This always confused me because I know that Trinimac killed Lorkhan so he has to be extremly powerful. Then how did Boethiah manage to kill him. That all happened because we have writings of elves but if we saw writings of people who worship Trinimac they are bound to disagree, otherwise they wouldnt worship him. Does trinimac still exists or is he gone and how did boethiah manage to kill him?
    Auri el> Jygulag>Trinimac >Lorkhan so its confusing to me how boethiah killed trinimac

As far as "how"... The Daedric Princes are simply stronger then the Divines. I mean, the whole reason that they are "Divines" in the first place is that most all of their power was consumed in the creation and maintaining of Mundus. Where as the Daedric Princes kept their power for themselves.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukastef wrote: »

Some clues here could help: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/394662/about-malacath-and-trinimac
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;