The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Being removed from dungeon before being able to complete quest

Vodkaphile
Vodkaphile
✭✭✭
Why is it intended design to remove a player from a dungeon once the group leaves before the player can even finish watching the story unfold or finish the quest? This is absurd. This needed to be fixed years ago. I came back to the game with hopes these issues were addressed. First dungeon I do, it happens again. How is this still a thing? Why even have quests in dungeons then?

No one is asking you to move mountains here. Just disable the feature that automatically kicks a player from the dungeon if the group disbands so the bloody player can actually finish the quest. What reason could there possibly be to NOT implement this fix?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably to prevent having to maintain dungeon instances indefinitely.

In any case, I've found that letting my group know that I was doing the quest almost always meant someone was willing to wait and I do my best to return the favor if I know someone else has the quest or looks like they need someone to wait.
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    Probably to prevent having to maintain dungeon instances indefinitely.

In any case, I've found that letting my group know that I was doing the quest almost always meant someone was willing to wait and I do my best to return the favor if I know someone else has the quest or looks like they need someone to wait.

It's not indefinite. As soon as the story played out or the quest completed, it could remove you, like every single other RP centric instanced encounter in the game.

It's a mechanic that simply should not be a thing. Players should not have to find a workaround for bad design. I get that some players will wait; others will not. It's just something that causes thousands of players unnecessary frustration and it breaks immersion completely.