The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purchasing 6 Month option on current account...

Kuwhar
Kuwhar
✭✭✭✭
My current 1 month sub ends on 6/17.

I would like to purchase a 6 month sub before that end date because I want to be able to spend the crowns i'll get.

So my questions are:

1. Will i get those crowns immediately?
2. Will that 6 month sub "begin" after my current sub runs out on the 17th?

I assume both are the case but I already paid for up to the 17th and don't want to pay for it again. Thanks for any help.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns are given on the subscription renewal date ... not the date you made the subscription change in your account settings. So, the answer is actually ‘no’ for that question.

Your subscription runs concurrently, yes. So, provided you make the change to your account, the new 6-month sub would start on 6/17.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can now buy subscription on Twitch, I have not tried it so have no idea how it works or when you get the crowns, I'm in UK and it seems a bit more expensive than I would usually pay but that may be because part of the money goes to the streamer where you got the link
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crowns are given on the subscription renewal date ... not the date you made the subscription change in your account settings. So, the answer is actually ‘no’ for that question.

Your subscription runs concurrently, yes. So, provided you make the change to your account, the new 6-month sub would start on 6/17.

Thanks for the reply.

I hope you are wrong on part 1. This is on their sub page: "Total Crown allotment will be delivered at the time of purchase."

So unless they delay the charge until the 17th i should get it when i pay. I'll confirm later on!

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kuwhar wrote: »

Thanks for the reply.

I hope you are wrong on part 1. This is on their sub page: "Total Crown allotment will be delivered at the time of purchase."

So unless they delay the charge until the 17th i should get it when i pay. I'll confirm later on!

Bolded part is exactly what they do. I did that once a while ago, unsubscribed and re-subscribed before the old sub ran out. I was charged on the date the new sub started and got my crowns then.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuwhar wrote: »

Thanks for the reply.

Right. Time of purchase will be shortly before your ESO Plus expires, not when you set up the recurring subscription.

The only way I have found to get Crowns early is to extend the subscription using a pre-paid ESO Plus time card. You will get your Crowns immediately upon redemption, and the expiration date for ESO will be immediately extended 60 days.

P.S. - Amazon sells PS4 pre-paid ESO Plus, but good luck finding one if you are on PC or XBox.
    GameStop apparently sells PC ESO Plus codes.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 2, 2018 5:19PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus