Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Legendary Jewelry

Asgari
Asgari
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
3,600,00.00 Gold gone for 3x Jewelry. Solid playing experience.

Confirmed gold jewelry is easier farmed through AP and trials than it is from buying the mats or a lifetime grind for 80 grains.

ESO used to be about consistency and you didn't need to refine materials to get a greater material for armor and weapons. Now they add this it makes making even purple quality jewelry a bad experience. ZOS next time you decide to add in some new weapon line we will need to research for, or some new crafting system like you did with jewelry lets keep it consistent with the original ones and not go off into some Asian mmo grind fest for items.

Its bad enough i wasted time getting the parts of that emote that was incredibly lackluster.

(the big eared cat made up for the terrible emote, the cat is adorable).

/end rant.
Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
Princess Asgari | Sorc
Asgari | NB
-Asgari | Stamplar
Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
Banner Down!
No Mercy
Youtube: Asgari
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the first week of the patch, prices will stabilize at a lower amount. Give it a few months and they will probably end up as cheap as tempering alloy.
    Options
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two ways of getting gold upgrade mats is deconstructing existing jewelry at a 50% rate or from refining raw materials at around a 5% rate. This means that to get the 80 that you need to upgrade a single ring you need to refine around 14k raw materials or do 80 hard mode veteran trials (160 gold jewelry).
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    It's the first week of the patch, prices will stabilize at a lower amount. Give it a few months and they will probably end up as cheap as tempering alloy.
    How exactly will it be as cheap as alloy?

The material takes a bit longer to get and also harder to get and requires 10 of something to make 1 of. I don’t get how it would end up cheaper it will stay the most expensive material

#MOREORBS
    Options
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

The material takes a bit longer to get and also harder to get and requires 10 of something to make 1 of. I don’t get how it would end up cheaper it will stay the most expensive material

It will actually probably end up being about the same price as tempering alloy the only difference is you need 80 instead of 8 to upgrade something
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two ways of getting gold upgrade mats is deconstructing existing jewelry at a 50% rate or from refining raw materials at around a 5% rate. This means that to get the 80 that you need to upgrade a single ring you need to refine around 14k raw materials or do 80 hard mode veteran trials (160 gold jewelry).

thats_just_wrong_bears.jpg
    Options
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because demand will fall once the veteran players in the game get their jewelry crafting and research up, and the amount of people needing crafted jewelry goes from the WHOLE player base to just a couple of new players or people trying a new build every now an then. Basically when it takes more time to sell the mats, people will mark them down to get quicker gold, and the price will drop.
    Options
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »

Confirmed gold jewelry is easier farmed through AP and trials than it is from buying the mats or a lifetime grind for 80 grains.

ESO used to be about consistency and you didn't need to refine materials to get a greater material for armor and weapons. Now they add this it makes making even purple quality jewelry a bad experience. ZOS next time you decide to add in some new weapon line we will need to research for, or some new crafting system like you did with jewelry lets keep it consistent with the original ones and not go off into some Asian mmo grind fest for items.

Its bad enough i wasted time getting the parts of that emote that was incredibly lackluster.

/end rant.

Nobody said you needed to do it the first week of release, it's not the fault of ZOS you insist on instant gratification.
    Options
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because demand will fall once the veteran players in the game get their jewelry crafting and research up, and the amount of people needing crafted jewelry goes from the WHOLE player base to just a couple of new players or people trying a new build every now an then. Basically when it takes more time to sell the mats, people will mark them down to get quicker gold, and the price will drop.

This situation you're painting where the endgame players get their gear done and stop wanting to make more items is imaginary. We have fifteen character slots at most, and people like to muck around and try new things. There is eternal, continuous demand for supplies to regear with.

Even if the price per Chromium Grain falls to something like the value of a Kuta, which I find highly unlikely due to the differing drop rules, a Chromium Plate would still be 2-3x the value of a Tempering Alloy.

The only people who will get golded jewelry are those with millions to spend and nothing else to spend it on. It's going to stay that way for a long, long time. Not really a healthy gearing system to have to work with.
    Edited by Erraln on June 2, 2018 6:18AM
    Options
  • Hooperson
    Hooperson
    Soul Shriven
    OH gee another year or two to learn crafting jewelry instead of playing , I'll be farming, it's so much fun along with boring treasure and crafting treasure quest,
    Options
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

/end rant.

In the time it took you to rant you could have farmed that much more mats, less QQ more playing, the guild stores are brimming with these mats just go shopping around.
    Options
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too soon... will wait for price drop
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »

/end rant.

In the time it took you to rant you could have farmed that much more mats, less QQ more playing, the guild stores are brimming with these mats just go shopping around.

Even if I farmed it myself it’s like thousands and thousand of raw material to refine for 80 of the dust .. come on.

It’s a grind that didn’t need to be added.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the Chapters are Pay 2 Lose second time in a row, considering Warden in Morrowind and Jewelry in Summerset. I'll consider not buying the next chapter, unless it is Elsweyr (because of things, furry things)
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this stuff is easy to come by you can decon the heck out of rings and get more than youd ever need very quickly
    Options
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    this stuff is easy to come by you can decon the heck out of rings and get more than youd ever need very quickly

You are a very poor troll. Saw your posts in some other threads and it's just pathetic. Had to be said.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are a very poor troll. Saw your posts in some other threads and it's just pathetic. Had to be said.

im not trolling im already sitting on zircon just from farming dolmens. try it yourself its not hard to get it. also im alot smarter than alot of the community in alot of the other posts just no one likes change so its like who the heck cares anymore to be nice to people.
    Options
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not trolling im already sitting on zircon just from farming dolmens. try it yourself its not hard to get it. also im alot smarter than alot of the community in alot of the other posts just no one likes change so its like who the heck cares anymore to be nice to people.

You didn't even bother to read the title of the thread, did you?
    Options
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was really excited for jewelry crafting, I was going to be able to FINALLY get my Golden Sun Rings since they've never appeared on the Cyrodiil vendor (Only necks did, twice.) as well as it going open up a whole new possibility of sets to run together but then I got on the first day of EA and slowly realized how it was going to take MONTHS to get any of it done. Incredibly disappointed with how inconsistent Jewelry Crafting is with the rest of the skill lines.

No Hireling.
    Only 1 researched item at a time. (But hey you can drop 5K Crowns on a 15 day Instant Research Scroll. BIG COINCIDENCE HUH?)
    10x of a lesser Upgrade Material in order to make 1x of a greater Upgrade Material.

The only thing Jewelry Crafting is good for is to research the traits you want then transmute to the desired traits on pre-existing jewelry. Not...you know...the actual crafting of jewelry part.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
    Options
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing Jewelry Crafting is good for is to research the traits you want then transmute to the desired traits on pre-existing jewelry. Not...you know...the actual crafting of jewelry part.

I'm a harvester (if you want to name it) and I was pretty shocked how hard it is to get the upgrade material after upgrading extraction on my main harvester. Getting to 8 chronium platings is going to take two months with at least 3 hours each day dedicated to harvesting raw materials. I could also run trials and dungeons to get legendary rings and necklaces, but I doubt it'll be much faster to get the chronium grains. It's really not a system that anyone that enjoys the game will ever consider.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn't even bother to read the title of the thread, did you?

i dont have to when replying to someone specifically on a certain post in the thread. it still pertains to this.
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the %difference between purple and gold jewelry, I'm selling every upgrade mat I find. Players that have to be gold now deserve to pay the markup.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the %difference between purple and gold jewelry, I'm selling every upgrade mat I find. Players that have to be gold now deserve to pay the markup.

so true the stuff is worth so much and will be worth a ton even after it settles down. this stuff is gonna be the most expensive material on the market for awhile till they increase the drop rates
    Options
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have to when replying to someone specifically on a certain post in the thread. it still pertains to this.

No it doesn't.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it doesn't.

its about jewelry crafting and what i responded to was about jewelry crafting so yes it does
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Imo alot more than that, I barely even got 1 full Temper out of 15k Raw Platinum Dust, yes the top tier material that's supposed to have a better droprate than the rest, and only got 9/10 small tempers
    Options
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prices will still be equivalent to 10 times a tempering alloy since you need 10 of them and the drop rate is the same if not lower.

So market price should stabilize around 60k gold per 1 gold mat multiply that by 8 and you should get a price of 480000 per ring or necklace. Almost half a million gold in about a year from now maybe. So yeah its not worth it at all
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

we are talking about the gold plating mat
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be considerably less painful if they implemented the improvement mats the same way as other improvement mats. We don't have to find 10 grains of alloy to get one tempering alloy. They just wanted oto make it grindy and awful and dumb.

Keep in mind that gold jewelry won't make that huge of a difference for most players. The difference between gold and purple stats is like 1%.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

we are talking about the gold plating mat

go farm vet aa a bunch and decon that jewelry. deconning it is alot easier than farming up the *** to refine into it.
    Options
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭
    There was no reason to break the mold and jewelry crafting should of been kept the same as the other crafts.
    Options