The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is everyone saying that stamblades are the absolute most powerful class since last patch?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm having a break from the game while I House-sit and look after my friends' critters. While I've been gone it seems like stamblades have become the most powerful class in the world ever. Did something spectacular happen to the class. Or did everyone forget how to play?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak got some fixes that made it super reliable for a while. But now we have Sload's in game which pretty much negates Cloak so Nightblades are back to being mostly non-threatening.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best burst, since its front loaded and high damage.

Incap is very cheap, high damage, stuns, defiles and gives 20% increase of damage.

Cloak scales extremely well with numbers, mitigates a ot, anmd allows escape, and the counters are kind of poor bar mark. Its why NB is sopopular OW, where if you are spotted, you'll be zerged.

Shade got buffed and is stronk.

Merciless got a few buffs.

IMO, apart from cloak and defile (but as a whole) its fine. There is no reason cloak should mitigate that much damage as well as being invisible.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't, they're just the easiest class to play (which is a problem of its own though).

People confuse "easy to play" with "powerful" when they see lots of NBs everywhere, but at the top level the class isn't any stronger/weaker than other classes out there.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    They aren't, they're just the easiest class to play (which is a problem of its own though).

People confuse "easy to play" with "powerful" when they see lots of NBs everywhere, but at the top level the class isn't any stronger/weaker than other classes out there.

I disagree on being an easy to play class. Easy to cloak and maybe get away against a few bad players? Yes. But a non skilled NB gets rekt so damn easily against normal/good players.

I remember 3 years ago when people used to say that sorcs were the easy to play class and NBs were so weak
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Cloak got some fixes that made it super reliable for a while. But now we have Sload's in game which pretty much negates Cloak so Nightblades are back to being mostly non-threatening.

Not only that it is taking me sometimes upwards of 90 seconds to re-enter stealth while not having DOTs on anyone, and being over of 100m away from any target / NPC.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are hands down the best / easiest to play class for open world (solo) roaming.
    Dodge roll for days, shade, cloak(*), shuffle (snare removal) burst heal with rally etc. just makes it a very strong option.
    If the stamblade knows what they are doing, it impossible / very hard to kill them.

*Havent played stamblade since summerset release but played some magblade recently open world and sloads makes cloak almost pointless because it breaks cloak with every tick of damage it does (not sure if working as intended) +

**Update: played stamblade for roughly 2 hours today, with literally everyone running sloads or piercing mark with light attack spam you might as well unslot cloak
    Edited by ATomiX96 on May 31, 2018 3:46PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

I disagree on being an easy to play class. Easy to cloak and maybe get away against a few bad players? Yes. But a non skilled NB gets rekt so damn easily against normal/good players.

I remember 3 years ago when people used to say that sorcs were the easy to play class and NBs were so weak

Easy to get kills.

Where other classes need to combine multiple abilities to CC+Burst, the regular meta stamblade needs just two: Relentless+Incap.

Two button combo to kill any pug chasing you as you dodge roll/cloak around a tower/tree with practically infinite regen - that's not particularly difficult to play compared to other classes.

In all honesty, they should just remove stun from Incap or make it only stun if you're below target's health % (like it used to work before).

That way stamblades would have to go through a bit more effort to get kills which would thin the herd so to speak & quickly show which stamblades are actually good at the class and which are just getting carried by the easymode aspects of the class.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes NB' are easy and OP, please roll one, you're going to be great, it so fun and easy!
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op? No but has easily been the easiest dps spec for awhile and has typically been in the top two specs for pvp. Sorcs and nbs arguably had the longest runs at being good compared to the other classes.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In no small part, it's because a new powerful new proc set has become available in the form of Sloads, and stamblades have always been pretty good as a proc set chassis.

Even though the same set pretty much neuters cloak's effectiveness as a disengagement tool, it's still really strong in terms of a tool that lets you choose when and where you initially engage.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just easy to get kills on it, and A LOT of people still have not learned how to counter one. It's so fun to watch their pain :')
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so many counters to cloak (aside from cloak being totally borked and unreliable currently) it's not even possible to take anyone seriously that says NB are OP.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you new to the game? Stamblades have been at or near top tier since at least patch 2.3(Dark Brotherhood) there probably the 1st or 2nd best best PVP class and both magblades and stamblades are great choices for PVE all around there great
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    There's so many counters to cloak (aside from cloak being totally borked and unreliable currently) it's not even possible to take anyone seriously that says NB are OP.

kek.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People got triggered if they cant kill
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Becauss their burst combo is easiest to get off and even when not building for damage specifically, its damage output is still good. And Cloak being the best defensive skill against everything (including Oblivion damage because other classes do not have chance to not get hit before Sload's proc where as NBs still can avoid Sload's proc by not getting hit). No wonder they don't think Sload's is that big of a problem. No other class can do that and no other class except for niche Overload ganking build Sorc can put out a lot of damage in a short amount of time.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 31, 2018 10:43PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill tell you why, heres the reason:

years ago sorcerers and dragonights were Both nerfed and brought inline with the rest of the other classes for the main reason that they were overperforming from Launch as well as being over powered in creation which they made an official statement about apologizing and explaining it to us.

Now, Years Later, we see the classes are prety much balanced and at times we all recieve nerfs and sometimes buffs, but those whom played during those days of early game release and saw those nerfs happen and never seeing nightblades recieve the same nerfs are very angry and filled with revenge.

so, due to them not seeing nightblades remain and no Huge nerfs like they had decided to launch a "Nerf Nightblades Campaign" that to this day is still somewhat alive but it seems to be fading.

there are still many who will never stop untill they see nightblades damned and incap and stealth and cloak removed and destroyed and the nightblade classs as a whole just trampled down and unable to fight fairly in PvP AND PvE.

i hope it was not just "Phase 1" or something we will see return, but recently there seems to be more anger showing since the release of summerset isles because no class nerfs were seen may have re-ignighted that anger and Hate.

another part of the problem was the recent use of shieldbreaker set in duels, many many shield spamming sorcerers saw that set as a real threat because it weakens thier shields.

shieldbreaker set is only a threat to those whom have 100% into damage output and zero into defenses.
    shieldbreaker set only working by light attacks, and it only works on shields, so if you are not being protected by shields then the set does nothing to you, but these sorcerers are shield spaming sorcerers who have thier shields stacked so strongly that thier unkillable.

well, what happened was someone made the comment about duels claiming that if you wear shield breaker set during a duel then you are weak and unskilled and basicly you are not strong and a bad person because of wearing that set (which is a lie) and if you wear that set then you loose the duel automatically.
    that idea then spread into PvP and Guilds began to share that idea as well making the lie spread even as far as this forum and many other forums coupling itself with that "Nerf Nightblades Campaign" that i mentioned earlier and the result is what you see today.

in addition to that summerset patch release came with a set of armor called "sloads"
    the sloads set has the ability to cast additional Oblivion damage as shown here:

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (2 items) 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) 129 Spell Damage - 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

as you can imagine, if a nightblade were to wear this set along with shield breaker set it does pose a reason that sorcerers would be Enraged and just angered with the idea that thier class is targeted as a "bad class"

but again it is completely just a mirage an illusion, because as i mentioned earlier shield breaker set will only effect shield spammed sorcerers.
    but here we have sloads set added to it which also carries oblivion damage.

the sloads set can very easily be removed by simply casting the alliance skill called "purge". and because sloads only procs every 6 seconds a sorcerer could easily just cast purge to remove sloads.

but, sadly instead of adjusting thier builds for defense, and slotting purge and choosing to not relly so heavily on shields, no, sadly, they refuse that idea, and instead they make complaints on the forums in these type threads and continue thier "Nerf Nightblades Campaign"

i hope that sheds some light on the answer to your question, and reason for this thread.

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no they're not. sorcs and stamdens are still the easiest classes to play.
    Invictus
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dwemer_paleologist What? You said "Sloads set can very easily be removed by simply casting the alliance skill called purge." Oblivion damage purgable? Did you test this?
    Edited by Maryal on June 1, 2018 1:23AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    @dwemer_paleologist What? You said "Sloads set can very easily be removed by simply casting the alliance skill called purge." Oblivion damage purgable? Did you test this?

i not only tested it i also use it currently in PvP.

and yes purge removes sloads D.O.T.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just go right ahead and make yourself a Stam or Magblade. Let us know how easy it is. ha ha ha Tell us all about how you're 1vX'ing with ease while lawling the whole time at all those salty n00bz.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go right ahead and make yourself a Stam or Magblade. Let us know how easy it is. ha ha ha Tell us all about how you're 1vX'ing with ease while lawling the whole time at all those salty n00bz.

Such a broad statement that probably will be proven false easily. If you think NB is bad, you are probably a n00b on the contrary. NB is not underpowered. It has always been strong even before and after other classes received kicks in their nethers to bring them to their knees.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

Such a broad statement that probably will be proven false easily. If you think NB is bad, you are probably a n00b on the contrary. NB is not underpowered. It has always been strong even before and after other classes received kicks in their nethers to bring them to their knees.

I main a Stamblade and am no noob with it. I get lots of kills in and I get killed a lot. Nightblades are by no means the apex PvP class in ESO.

Edited to mention that I never said it's underpowered at all. It certainly is not, however, above all other classes.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on June 1, 2018 4:02AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main a Stamblade and am no noob with it. I get lots of kills in and I get killed a lot. Nightblades are by no means the apex PvP class in ESO.

Amen and well said.
    the same goes for me and many of us.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you want OP - play a two hander swinging stam dk who figured out how to do some damage...

I hate 2 hander using stam dks, only slightly less than streaking sorcs...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill tell you why, heres the reason:

years ago sorcerers and dragonights were Both nerfed and brought inline with the rest of the other classes for the main reason that they were overperforming from Launch as well as being over powered in creation which they made an official statement about apologizing and explaining it to us.

Now, Years Later, we see the classes are prety much balanced and at times we all recieve nerfs and sometimes buffs, but those whom played during those days of early game release and saw those nerfs happen and never seeing nightblades recieve the same nerfs are very angry and filled with revenge.

so, due to them not seeing nightblades remain and no Huge nerfs like they had decided to launch a "Nerf Nightblades Campaign" that to this day is still somewhat alive but it seems to be fading.

there are still many who will never stop untill they see nightblades damned and incap and stealth and cloak removed and destroyed and the nightblade classs as a whole just trampled down and unable to fight fairly in PvP AND PvE.

i hope it was not just "Phase 1" or something we will see return, but recently there seems to be more anger showing since the release of summerset isles because no class nerfs were seen may have re-ignighted that anger and Hate.

another part of the problem was the recent use of shieldbreaker set in duels, many many shield spamming sorcerers saw that set as a real threat because it weakens thier shields.

shieldbreaker set is only a threat to those whom have 100% into damage output and zero into defenses.
    shieldbreaker set only working by light attacks, and it only works on shields, so if you are not being protected by shields then the set does nothing to you, but these sorcerers are shield spaming sorcerers who have thier shields stacked so strongly that thier unkillable.

well, what happened was someone made the comment about duels claiming that if you wear shield breaker set during a duel then you are weak and unskilled and basicly you are not strong and a bad person because of wearing that set (which is a lie) and if you wear that set then you loose the duel automatically.
    that idea then spread into PvP and Guilds began to share that idea as well making the lie spread even as far as this forum and many other forums coupling itself with that "Nerf Nightblades Campaign" that i mentioned earlier and the result is what you see today.

in addition to that summerset patch release came with a set of armor called "sloads"
    the sloads set has the ability to cast additional Oblivion damage as shown here:

Sload’s Semblance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (2 items) 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) 129 Spell Damage - 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

as you can imagine, if a nightblade were to wear this set along with shield breaker set it does pose a reason that sorcerers would be Enraged and just angered with the idea that thier class is targeted as a "bad class"

but again it is completely just a mirage an illusion, because as i mentioned earlier shield breaker set will only effect shield spammed sorcerers.
    but here we have sloads set added to it which also carries oblivion damage.

the sloads set can very easily be removed by simply casting the alliance skill called "purge". and because sloads only procs every 6 seconds a sorcerer could easily just cast purge to remove sloads.

but, sadly instead of adjusting thier builds for defense, and slotting purge and choosing to not relly so heavily on shields, no, sadly, they refuse that idea, and instead they make complaints on the forums in these type threads and continue thier "Nerf Nightblades Campaign"

i hope that sheds some light on the answer to your question, and reason for this thread.

80% of my time on these forums are arguing against NB nerfs and even I think you need to stop

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade are very powerful, they are like number five behind the four other classes.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad players are bad with any class but nightblades 1 of the best if not the best toolkit to gank/burst and get away.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset hasnt come out yet on xbox one but stamblade doesnt seem to be crazy popular or destroying in bgs, so I'm not sure why people go crazy over them. I think stealth is just a mechanic that naturally annoys people so they have a natural bias against the class.

on Xbox, I actually see magplars/stamplars and magsorcs doing the best in BGs. Magsorcs are the only class that can consistently pump out 800K + damage and their execute gets them ridiculous K/D ratios. MagDK does okay, stamden does well but not played much, stam sorc is hit or miss but there are some dw stam sorcs that do lots of damage overall when theya re on a good team, and then stamblade is good not as impactful as the magplar/magsorc teams. Magblade is very hit or miss. And I pretty much never see magdens since they are just useless.
    Edited by MrDenimChicken on June 1, 2018 5:36AM