The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will Zos fix pvp

wibbz
wibbz
✭✭
I am bored with pvp due to zos forcing me to play stuff i dont want. So Anyone know if zos will fix the permablocking builds that heal and do good dmg or is it time that i join them? (Sems like everyone is one now adays)or am i forced to be a zergling because i want to play the way i want to play? Or is it time to dropp it and go pve
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, not now....soon!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will not
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #NewDevTeam
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol” no eta” aka go find another game
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix is coming "next update". ;)
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • CerebralNoise
    CerebralNoise
    ✭✭
    I mean, they took the entire server's offline to fix the PvE geysers in Summerset.....but we haven't had an update to Cryodiil in years (multicore update doesn't count, because performance has only gotten worse imo).

If that doesn't scream "We don't care about PvP" I don't know what does lol
    PC/NA

Raelisan - AD MagNB
    Visceralie - EP StamNB

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesn't.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working as intended
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they realise that competitive pvp is somthing that ESO wont ever acheive so now they're just going along with it like ...."YEAAA HAVE A ZANN PROC AND SOME SLOADS WOOOOOOOO MAJOR DEFILE YAAAAY"
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should probably rethink your build if you're getting killed much by perma blockers. The strongest classes in PvP are StamNB and MagSorc and neither perma block.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea pvp fixes comming soon (*)

*somewhere between a year and the end of eso's life cycle, took them two and a half years to remove aoe caps
    Edited by ATomiX96 on June 1, 2018 7:41PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

XDDD I laughed so hard man
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if you do their job and create an ample report and statistics regarding balance and population's behaviour, it will be ignored into oblivion.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS is 'fixing' in the other way. Ya know... ehem. They want us to not proliferate clearly by 'fixing' and giving us cancers.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    #NewDevTeam

#OldDevTeam

The ones responsible for the original state of the game (dynamic ultimate etc.)
    Lil Ceep
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo its less a question of "will they," and more a question of "can they?" You have to think about all the things that would need to be looked at when we say "fix PvP." The bugs in PvP are so numerous right now that it seems possible they wouldn't be able to address them all without taking the game offline for a good chunk of time and dumping most of their resources into it, something they aren't going to do. They would also likely need to upgrade their servers and/or look into node robustness as some have suggested. This would be a huge cost on their part for an aspect of the game that does not make money. That all providing that they can even fix everything at this point, given how long they have let some of these issues slide and how deeply buried some of them are. And that's even before we get to the issue of combat balance, and not just nerfs and buffs but real balance between classes, between group size and play styles. They've kind of missed their chance to say ok look, were going to balance PvP and PvE separately like we should have or the CP point system isn't viable long term and even though no CP is an option, the abilities created around a CP system are too OP in no CP and so on. So will they fix PvP? No. There's a chance they'll make some improvements but that's going to be about it, and it will always be in a state of flux between decent gameplay and horrible lag with some OP meta.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "fix problems" do you really mean, "change things I dislike" ?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wibbz
    wibbz
    ✭✭
    You should probably rethink your build if you're getting killed much by perma blockers. The strongest classes in PvP are StamNB and MagSorc and neither perma block.

Well i dont know, i am a full dmg build my def is *** but my dmg is ok but if i go up against a dk that can block for ever and they can at the same time put out some good dmg i dont have much chanse. But ye i think you are right i will most prob do like everyone else and copy blob......
  • wibbz
    wibbz
    ✭✭

No, if you think the game is ok at this state. U have a cancer build or u dont know anything mate
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wibbz wrote: »

No, if you think the game is ok at this state. U have a cancer build or u dont know anything mate

Aye that’s not, there are still those who come on the game every now and then and can out play many without cheese.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am bored with pvp due to zos forcing me to play stuff i dont want. So Anyone know if zos will fix the permablocking builds that heal and do good dmg or is it time that i join them? (Sems like everyone is one now adays)or am i forced to be a zergling because i want to play the way i want to play? Or is it time to dropp it and go pve

They fixed all those things. That's how we got the current state of PvP, which is the worst It's ever been.

Never have so many bad players been this relevant. Never has skillful play been so meaningless in the face of dots and autoapplied status effects. Never has teh winner of a group vs group fight been so dependent on who has a templar for purifies...

I miss when the game was skill based. I miss when the winner of a fight was determined by who landed a relentless, a crystal frag, a dizzy swing, a sub assault... things that require skill to land and require skill to counter.

now it's all master DW axe bleeds, sloads, duroks, resource poisons, viper (who thought it'd come back?), spin2win, and caluurions.

What do all of those things have in common? None of them require any skill to use. There's no channel, no alerts, no skillful counter.

Hopefully this *** gets fixed. But i doubt it will, because with this patch ZOS finally has what it wants - bad players being relevant.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• wibbz
    wibbz
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

They fixed all those things. That's how we got the current state of PvP, which is the worst It's ever been.

Never have so many bad players been this relevant. Never has skillful play been so meaningless in the face of dots and autoapplied status effects. Never has teh winner of a group vs group fight been so dependent on who has a templar for purifies...

I miss when the game was skill based. I miss when the winner of a fight was determined by who landed a relentless, a crystal frag, a dizzy swing, a sub assault... things that require skill to land and require skill to counter.

now it's all master DW axe bleeds, sloads, duroks, resource poisons, viper (who thought it'd come back?), spin2win, and caluurions.

What do all of those things have in common? None of them require any skill to use. There's no channel, no alerts, no skillful counter.

Hopefully this *** gets fixed. But i doubt it will, because with this patch ZOS finally has what it wants - bad players being relevant.

I have played since release and i think the pvp was ok in the begining and gotten worse over time and now its just messed up, they have tryed to fix this but have never manage to do it sadly :(. Im not considering my self a bad player, its just that i love bow and i have been running bow/bow since forever it feels like and i have been able to 1v1 and 1vx with it before beleve it or not. But now you have to have a sertan gear set to pvp and most of the time its not for bow, and no i dont want to be a gankblade just because i use bow i want to be able to play like i have been before and not mest a group of dks with s&b that just block and dot me up and watch me die.
    Atm i guess i am stuck with hanging around a zerg but with summerset i have some new options atleast so maybe it will get better (i play Ps4 so it is release today)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Completely agree. I mean before this patch I could more than hold my own in 1vx and solo play and consistently score well in BG's. This patch is just a complete disaster. BG's are all about who 1 shots who first. In open world you are pumped full of sloads and other crap you just cannot avoid... The amount of damage you can receive from just 2 players is absolutely unreal at the moment. They completely destroyed balance to a pathetic level. Please give us back the patch after the viper nerf (forgot which one that was). Pvp was a lot more fun back then.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With their current track record on the PvP problems. No way.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

You echo my opinion, but at this point it seems to me @ZOS_BrianWheeler isn’t involved in the game’s itemization (or he doesn’t actually care?). Because the correct way to do this is asking your PvP Lead Designer what impact new sets or set changes will have on the existing PvP game modes.

Frankly, any semblance of a skill based game vanished a long time ago. A lot of really good players left in the Viper era or even before that. Since then every effort was made to gain a broader audience and to cater to the lowest common denominator mostly. Skilled gameplay isn’t something ZOS is interested in, not for most of PvE and certainly not in PvP.

Elder Procs and Bleeds Online is just the consequence and the pinnacle we’ve reached now.
    Edited by Feanor on June 6, 2018 11:29AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the current state of the game PvP means procset vs procset and not player vs player.....

I addition to this u get insane lag wich no one ever saw in an other mmorpg.....

Its so sad cause the game could be the number 1 mmorpg for pvp when they would at least fix some things. I Made a Thread about my ideas but sadly it doesnt catched much attention: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417373/how-to-improve-balance-server-performance-cyrodiil-population-and-more#latest
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

XDDD I laughed so hard man

I laughed then cried. The crying part came when I realized that most of the "no eta" parts were from completely different interviews.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing is, you really have to focus on front-loaded burst in this game (if you're solo -- in groups you can just spam AoE), not because it's necessarily the most effective, but because it's the most effective given the extreme server latency.

So many builds and playstyles are at least partially designed to compensate for the insane lag that it really doesn't surprise me that they've just said "f it, give them free damage and call it a day."
    Edited by ezeepeezee on June 6, 2018 5:47PM
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    they dont care about pvp obviously