The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Full raids now taking advantage of unsieged walls missing at some keep/outpost posterns.

ilander
ilander
✭✭✭
Well, i had hoped zos would fix this in one of their last 2 patches but evidently it hasn't been reported enough yet. Keep doors and posterns are not working as intended where some people can see a hole as if the wall has been sieged but there's a door in the middle of the postern.. not everyone can see it but many can .. you can walk through this space quite easily if you can see it, thus permitting you to enter posterns that haven't even been sieged... Saw a well known raid do this at bleakers on vivec EU (not named due to naming and shaming purposes but you know who you are) When a keep changes hands, this disappears as it "renders" the captured keep again once it changes hands. On top of that, you'll see in the first pic on this link below, you can have a door still showing and not pass through while it is at 0%.. i was watching people run through this but couldn't myself.. it was quite funny when a yellow raid appeared to defend their keep but half of them couldn't pass through due to the fact that this door was in the way for some of them
Let's hope something is done about this soon because let's face it, it is pretty game breaking. Pictures below :)
https://imgur.com/a/6awJWr1
Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• FuryOfTyphon
    FuryOfTyphon
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is on NA server as well.

I have seen some very well known and respected players and guilds exploiting this, for AP and/or to take the outpost(only seen it at sej, nikel and bleakers so far).
    Sneak past the door and broken wall, kill guards siege from inside and then they flip it, or they just go around killing bads who have no clue wtf is going on.

I'm not going to name them for naming and shaming reasons(stupid freakin rule btw), but people exploiting bugs have copped bans in the past and they should now.

Please dont let this [snip] slide, the fact that people are barely reporting it shows you that lots of people are taking advantage of this. I've seen groups of 10+ people at a time use this, yet there are only two different threads I have found on the forums about this issue.

Ill post this on the other thread as well, and hopefully somebody (@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ) at ZOS can actually confirm that they know this is a bug and do something about it.
    If you say nothing and do nothing about this now then you have no right to ban people later down the line, if you finally patch it months from now. Because we are telling you its an issue right here and now with photo evidence, if it is not fixed, addressed or even confirm this is a bug then you are giving said people free reign to do it.

We've had this issue before with gapclosing into keeps, that wasn't handled fast, efficiently or the right way, but I really hope this is.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 31, 2018 1:26PM
    Too many too list.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another patch, another glitch. No bans for the streamers who abuse it (you know who you are when you tried to justify gapclosing onto the wall was a feature). And I think there will be no actions, no response until this lights up the forum for good while, unfortunately.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last patch was incredibly thin. The mentioned that one of the other major issues with gameplay freezing regularly for a second, had not been satisfactorily tested yet and will be rolling out in a later patch. Could be that they’ll do the same with this but I haven’t seen any acknowledgment yet.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure they’re not just doing a good old fashioned upper decker? Are you actually seeing them walk through the walls, or are you assuming that that’s how they got in?

I’ve been accused of this before a few times when in fact the grand overlords who repair the walls in Vivec really just forgot to check the top floor before sealing the breach back up....
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Are you sure they’re not just doing a good old fashioned upper decker? Are you actually seeing them walk through the walls, or are you assuming that that’s how they got in?

I’ve been accused of this before a few times when in fact the grand overlords who repair the walls in Vivec really just forgot to check the top floor before sealing the breach back up....

Oboi, the bolded part is way too accurate xD
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭

The specific instance i'm talking about, the outpost had not been under siege, nor in enemy hands for a good while and the aforementioned raid had been at another location with this outpost not burning at any point in time.

I've actually tested moving through the space next to the postern door and you can just walk through like it is open and as i say, this is not visible to everyone so to some inside, it would have looked like i was walking through a wall. I didn't stay inside but i was most definitely confused, as was the guy inside who most likely saw me appear like some kind of apparition through a solid wall then disappear outside again.

I've even seen people in zone chat saying that they're seeing people walk through solid walls. This is not the case, it is just solid to them, not the people walking either side of it.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• FuryOfTyphon
    FuryOfTyphon
    ✭✭✭

Yeah its 100% a glitch there is a photo of what the keep looks like in this thread,
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416283/pvp-outposts-postern-wall-bug#latest

But yeah pretty much you just walk around the door at free will, the guy I first saw using was just LoSing around the door to stay alive and killing bads. I talked to him and he was recording all of it and submitting a ticket. Once he died and came back the wall for him had returned to normal and he couldnt get back in, but i could still see the glitched wall. So if any of the defenders die, the wall still remains broken and enemy playesrs can still get in, its only if they die that it fixes the bug but only for them, other exploiters would have to die as well before the game registers that the wall is actually up and the keep is safe

Hmm ZOS can edit my first post for one use of profanity but refuse to acknowledge the bug, cool guys great work.
    Edited by FuryOfTyphon on May 31, 2018 8:03PM
    Too many too list.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a legit glitch that shows postern walls as knocked down. I discovered it when I hadn't noticed it and walked through the postern wall. My buddy sitting in the room next to me said how did you do that ? The wall is up. I looked on his screen and sure enough the wall was up for him and was missing for me. I've reported it as a bug and discussed this with a few other guild members as they have noticed the same thing.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes this is a bug. It happens to the postern walls. Last night our raid ran into this 3 times. It Happened at Nikel, Bleakers and Sejanus. The first time we encountered this bug, about 95% of the raid had the wall missing but the door remains. You could just hop right through the missing wall.

Example at Sejanus.

yedf33p5xgzr.jpg

To actually capture the keep, the flags won't start to burn until one of the postern walls is competently down or the Front door is at like 67%. The flags will then start to flip. When we encountered this the first time we hopped right through and laughed at how stupid it was. We killed all the players inside and set up siege to bring the postern wall down causing the flags to burn and flip. We took screenshots to send to ZOS so that they will fix it.

The second and third time we encountered this bug we just ignored the wall that had the hole in it and went and sieged the other postern wall as if the bug didn't exist. Now that the community knows it is a bug lets try and not abuse it when it happens. Spread the word that it's a bug, hopefully more people will stop absuing it until ZOS provides a fix for it.

Another example at Bleakers. Door up wall down.
    vt1lpxwcgu4z.jpg

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of makes you wonder
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same goes for the scroll gates. Was closed for me this morning but others could just run through it (should have been open for everyone as Pact held all blue keeps except dragon and brindle on PC EU Vivec).
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure ZOS will hunt down and ban everyone who exploited this. I expect nothing else since the vAS bans.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. This has definitely been happening since summerset drop.

Zos please fix your game.
  • Talendear
    Talendear
    Soul Shriven
    This is still happening, and people are losing these places because some people are not ignoring it. They see a hole, even with a door and just rush through. Whole raid just did it in Kyne. This is a major issue if anyone can walk up to an outpost and jump inside it when no one has taken that wall down. In case it helps, I only recall seeing it on the right side wall as you face into the outpost from the front door. I could be wrong, but that is the only side I recall seeing it on. Someone correct me if its been seen on the left side facing into the keep.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to mitigate this until it's fixed is to have your raid equip sloads.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this,
    HOWEVER,
    The wall is at 100% and when i tried to enter through the hole in the wall i couldnt.

There was an invisible barrier stopping me
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)