The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are some good sets for MagDK this patch?

wozborne
wozborne
✭✭✭
Share your MagDK setups for Summerset
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload’s (Infused Jewelries, Nirnhoned SWB up front and Powered Resto on back), Caluurion’s Legacy, Zaan.

75pts into Thaumaturge.

I personally use 3x potion time reduction glyphs because my magDK char is an Argonian.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the build I provided is hard to grind but you’ll be happy once you collected all pieces in this puzzle
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on May 30, 2018 5:26PM
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    Sload’s (Infused Jewelries, Nirnhoned SWB up front and Powered Resto on back), Caluurion’s Legacy, Zaan.

75pts into Thaumaturge.

I personally use 3x potion time reduction glyphs because my magDK char is an Argonian.

Embracing our new proc meta I see
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »

75pts into Thaumaturge.

Embracing our new proc meta I see

As dragonknight there’s not much chessiness option left when comparing with other classes I’m afraid.

typo
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on May 30, 2018 5:51PM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite sets for mDK pvp are Rattlecage, Amberplasm, Shacklebreaker, Spinner, and Shalks.
    For Monster helms i switch between Skoria, Bloodspawn, and Mighty Chudan

There are cheesier sets out there but i stay away from that petty playstyle.... like Caluurion, Sloads, Plague Slinger, Zaan, etc
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impregnable, full sturdy. Always.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5/1/1 heavy 2h s/b build.

Shackle, desert rose. Valkyn. Tri food, tri stat glyphs on big.
    2h on a DK is so damn good. Stam for days, no snare and can then root and control the fight better. Extra damage.

Or, light setup. 5/1/1 light, 2h resto build. All mag glyphs, tri food.
    Caluurion, 2x willpower, valkyn and lich/bloodthorn back.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My MagDK hasn't been updated in forever but here goes.

dunmer, non vamp. 5 light/2 heavy. double s+b. 6 impen + 2 sturdy (1 on shields)

5 alteration mastery, 5 shacklebreaker, 2 bloodspawn

Tri glyphs on big pieces, witchmothers, spell dmg on jewelry, apprentice mundus

Good general open world build if you're in a group, but solo would probably lack the dmg to kill some players.

I plan on updating this as soon as I have the funds/motivation but since DK and warden are my least favorite classes to play, dunno when. I never said this build was updated or good still but some DK god may come on here and say it's still decent and save me some money and time :*
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    Anyone have luck with Axiom? Seems like this is the "classiest" class. Front Bar: 4 actives + 1 ultimate, Back Bar: 3 actives (one is a utility, so no boost). My MagDK character hasn't reached CP yet, but the Silk of the Suns + Axiom combo is doing pretty well at level 30.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have luck with Axiom? Seems like this is the "classiest" class. Front Bar: 4 actives + 1 ultimate, Back Bar: 3 actives (one is a utility, so no boost). My MagDK character hasn't reached CP yet, but the Silk of the Suns + Axiom combo is doing pretty well at level 30.

@thestud2012

I actually use Valkyn + Innate + Silks. It's working very well for me. I've been running that build since Clockwork City. 5l/1m/1h setup with nirnhoned SnB front bar and nirnhoned flamestaff on the backbar. I'm about to upgrade my rings to gold as well. ;)

I've got another mDK (yes, I'm addicted to them) with Valkyn, Flame Blossom, and Caluurion. I figure mDKs are allowed to embrace the proc sets... considering they don't have an execute. :D
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7

I'm running Axiom/BSW/Zaan 5 heavy, 2 light S/B and destro. Works pretty well, no sustain though so you have to be patient with your skill use.

• thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    ironshoe7 wrote: »

I'm running Axiom/BSW/Zaan 5 heavy, 2 light S/B and destro. Works pretty well, no sustain though so you have to be patient with your skill use.

Wow, I'm impressed you have Zaan. That seems to be the best monster set for my build, but I'm not sure I can pull off Vet in that dungeon. BSW looks interesting. What's your up-time? Around 50%?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's and Durok's on top of Zaan for maximum cancer.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 undaunted unweaver + 5 undaunted infiltrator + vMA lightning staff. I just want to use my Vma weapons. Works wonders against roll dodgers.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just slot sloads 7 pieces on armor, craft 3 jewelry pieces of sloads and double sloads 1hs and just like that you caught up with the meta
  • NoBull
    NoBull
    I've been using spinner shacklebreaker skoria dw and resto recovery Mundus 5 light 2 heavy tri food works well but I plan on trying Destro resto when Somerset drops but not sure what to use or bar set-ups cuz there are DK skills I don't like to drop... Deep breath
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Inate Axiom, wizards Riposte, skoria 5/1/1 light. That's clockwork city patch.

Good damage with inate and skoria. And still decent tankiness through WR.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday tried Livewire and a lit staff... and it works quite good. Livewire proc in middle of a zerg allows you to stay alive and also debuff the zerg, blockade sets them off balance and then you have a free powerlash outta nowhere (without a stun, the enemy cannot know when it comes).

For the moment I'm using livewire + seducer + blood spawn.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axiom/Bloodthorn/Skoria

So 2 updates ago but it's still pretty strong. May switch out blood for impreg or wizards if the dk sustain changes help.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sloads, triune shackelbreaker with jewlry and skoria. (for non-cp bgs)
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War maiden and Julianos as all the skills I'm using deal magic damage
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    War maiden and Julianos as all the skills I'm using deal magic damage
    Seriously? When all our offensive self heals come from fire damage?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Riposte + a dmg set & skoria has been a charm for me; but i'll defer to the experts on weighing the dmg options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAowWqPSXgQ

@Taylor_MB
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like i play another game with my dk....: shadowrend, necropotency, destruction mastery and msa healstaff on backbary. Combined with tristat food and mage mundus naturally. Just made the build 2 days ago and it felt stronger than what i played ever before.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/1/1 Light Destro/Resto. 5 Sun on the body, 5 Riposte on back bar, Bloodspawn, Willpower Flame staff front bar. 3 tri glyphs, 2 recovery, 1 SD. Apprentice Mundus. Witchmothers. You're welcome.
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 7, 2018 12:53PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    5/1/1 Light Destro/Resto. 5 Sun on the body, 5 Riposte on back bar, Bloodspawn, Willpower Flame staff front bar. 3 tri glyphs, 2 recovery, 1 SD. Apprentice Mundus. Witchmothers. You're welcome.

Does willpower 2h count for 2 items this patch?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

yep!
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Not just willpower, but all 2h count as 2 items now.