The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error/disconnection after choosing character (fixed)

Veilvi
Veilvi
Soul Shriven
Tried to log in many times today. Once I choose a character it spends a little time requesting character load then I am sent back to the login screen with a notice telling me there was an error and to log back in later.
Is anyone else getting this? Is something wrong on my end?
Edited by Veilvi on May 31, 2018 9:52PM
  • RavenMind1
    I've often seen this happen when add-ons are trying to do too much during character load & the server times out. Are you using add-ons? I would try disabling them & see if it will let you load a character. The big ones for me have been CraftStore and Master Merchant. The latest MM update has forced it to not initialize until after character load so that this problem doesn't happen. However the CraftStore author is unwilling to build in an option to delay. Hope this helps.
  • Veilvi
    Veilvi
    Soul Shriven
    So I disabled all my add-ons, which didn't work. I then uninstalled all my add-ons and cleared my AddOns folder out, the first login after that I was given a new error that I've yet to replicate "failed to transfer". Tried logging in on several characters since then and still getting the first error.

Aaaah I hope my toons aren't banished to oblivion or something xD
    Is it possible I was banned? I would think there would be a notice or email or something telling if so.

Next I will be repairing/reinstalling eso and testing if I can log in on my partners computer.
    Thank you for the advice RavenMind1!
    Edited by Veilvi on May 30, 2018 7:34PM
  • Veilvi
    Veilvi
    Soul Shriven
    So my account and characters are all ok, I can log in on my partner's computer without a problem. My partner can even log in on my computer without an issue; but I still cannot log in on any of my characters on my own computer.
    Its an issue on my end I suspect, I'm thinking some config file connected to my account on my computer is messed up. Any idea where to look? Tried removing the UserSettings.txt, Saved Variables, and AddOnSettings.txt.
    No luck, although after the first time I removed UserSettings.txt I was able to get past choosing a character--it disconnected me on the load screen though :/ Haven't been able to replicate this either.
    Repairing did not help.
    Edited by Veilvi on May 30, 2018 8:44PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veilvi

Since repairing and removing add-ons has not allowed you to login with your characters, you should start a ticket with our customer support team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Veilvi
    Veilvi
    Soul Shriven
    Found an odd unnamed program and removed it, as well as a few other programs that I didn't need and now I can log back in! Not sure if that is what fixed it or if I did something else.
    Thank you @RavenMind1 and @ZODBillE
    <3
  • RavenMind1
    Glad you were able to get back in! :)
  • moxxon
    moxxon
    Soul Shriven
    Veilvi wrote: »
    Found an odd unnamed program and removed it, as well as a few other programs that I didn't need and now I can log back in! Not sure if that is what fixed it or if I did something else.
    Thank you @RavenMind1 and @ZODBillE
    <3

am having this issue myself.....what program was it? an add on??
  • Veilvi
    Veilvi
    Soul Shriven
    Is it still not working for you @moxxon ?
    I uninstalled the hi-rez patcher(from paladins) and a couple other programs i don't remember, as well as an odd unnamed blank program.
    I removed all my addons, i dont think they were my problem but then again I don't really understand what happened anyhoo x3
    Hope its working better now!