The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Has there been any info on all of the empty spaces since Multi-Thread was added?

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
I've posted a video myself and I've seen a few other where, depending on the direction you look, everything but the NPCs disapear. I ran into a new one today in The Hall of Justice.

Has anyone provided any information on how widespread this is or what could be the cause?

Edit Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/yPulho_ui34
Edited by Casdha on May 29, 2018 8:51PM
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    No...
    but I was experiencing disappearing wall in a Public Dungeon last night... was really weird ... I found the edge of the ESO universe LOL
    Options
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a camera/collision bug.
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
    Options
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had that happening in Morrowind well before the Multi-threading "fix".
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »
    I've had that happening in Morrowind well before the Multi-threading "fix".

I personally had no problems with it before this update, that said I used to see something similar in the early days of the game, but it was more passing through something that should have had collision and didn't. (Think walking through walls or falling through floors).

Edit: speaking of, in this case the collision is there but the object isn't. (Think invisible walls, floors, tables and whatnot)
    Edited by Casdha on May 29, 2018 9:03PM

Options
  • Briolase
    Briolase
    ✭✭✭
    I've run into this problem several times in interior spaces, including the artaeum delve, and the inn in alinor. It's not as bad at the inn, because there's nothing I need to fight, but when it happens in a delve, it's a bit disorienting.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to note is that it doesn't happen to me at the same place day after day. The video above shows going in and out a door and it doesn't stop but that door doesn't require a load screen.

If it happens again, if I'm able, I'll port away and comeback to see if it changes.

Edit: Just a guess, but I don't think its an assets thing as much as it is an engine thing.
    Edited by Casdha on May 30, 2018 2:46PM

Options
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened in Wayrest last night:

https://youtu.be/zGqVb8s-k7s
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I just posted this:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416695/oleander-coast-winery-sky-inside#latest

I thought it was unique to Summerset, but I was wrong. :O
    Options
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    can confirm, this is not localized in a specific zone or dungeon. had this happen in Clockwork City > Everwound Wellspring...
    wlyxj4ksxgar.jpg
    dso88k0b1xq2.jpg
    hbccni0b27bz.jpg
    ifnpfpjh1m1v.jpg
    gll3fhf5zdpu.jpg
    basicly this whole section disappeared

Options
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    Happened to me in Cradle of Shadows yesterday.
    GM - [Trade, PC EU] The Forbidden Cleavage - pm to join
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Casdha @Allypage @Greevir @maboleth @Briolase @Jerkling @Madlark

On which platform and server are each of you, respectively, playing TESO? ZOS must have that information to investigate and find the cause. (Please read: Guidelines For Bug Report Forum)

Note: multi-threading is not supported by the majority of multi-core CPUs which are in service today. Only the models which have been released during approximately the past year have such support. Check the specifications before you buy or upgrade. How or whether this affects running the game client on our computers, I do not know.

The videos and screenshots above remind me of playing TESO on a high-performance gaming computer which had a low-bandwidth or an unreliable Internet connection. The same sort of output is displayed when the computer meets the minimum system requirements, but doesn't have enough bandwidth. (ZOS does not require anything other than "a persistent Internet connection.") In my experience, anything less than 32 GB/s will be inadequate either (a) while the player's character is in a group of more than 8 - 10 characters, and/or (b) the terrain is complex and populated with numerous small items ("furniture").

Were the FPS and Network Latency numbers displayed while you played in these situations? I know that it is distracting to take your eyes off the action to look at them, but they can be informative when you're seeing poor quality output. (After logging-in to a character on a PC/Mac, use ESC> Interface > Performance to enable them. You can position them on the HUD wherever you prefer to see them. I don't know whether they are available for XBox One or for Playstation 4.)

As time goes on, it seems to me that performance issues have come to dominate play of the game, the ever-growing number of unremedied design flaws and implementation errors ("bugs") aside.

Last, but not least:
    since "Net Neutrality" has been abandoned (at least for the forseeable future), ISPs are free to distribute bandwidth and priority processing to individual connections according to what use(s) that the customers make of the Internet, and for how long, each day. Most of them will likely be disinclined to provide the best service to game players without payment of a "premium" for it.

Edited by Shadowshire on June 6, 2018 6:25PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire

My specs are listed on my first post on the subject. But here you go:
    CPU Intel i7 6700
    GPU Nvidia GTX 1070
    Ram 16GB
    OS Windows 10
    Installed on WD Blue 500GB SSD (only thing on the drive)
    Internet Connection fiber 100Mb

Again, this glitch is random and the launcher picks which version I run. According to ZOS, that would be the Multi-thread version for me.

Also, I know how to do a bug report, but I get lazy when its on the website after all I've been doing it for 5 years now.

Edit: to correct dang phone mistakes

and to add pick of speed test. (this is to a Baltimore server)
    cgn9u82afakz.png

Edited by Casdha on June 6, 2018 3:49AM

Options
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    playing on PC-EU

Intel Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM 16.0 GB
    Win7 64bit

EVGA GTX 1050Ti SSC

50 MBits/s from Telekom

Edited by Jerkling on June 5, 2018 6:51PM
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Casdha
    That's a very nice system, especially the network bandwidth. The Intel website specifications for the Core I7 6700 disclose that it has four cores, and can run 8 threads: Intel Core Vpro/i7-6700
    Casdha wrote: »
    @Shadowshire
    Again, this glitch is random and the launcher picks which version I run. According to ZOS, that would be the Multi-thread version for me.
    Since I use a desktop shortcut to run eso64.exe -- which used to be the only way to run it, after the 64-bit game client was released -- I have no idea which "version" is running on my computer. The only time that I run Launcher is to either download an update to the game client, or to use the Game Options menu option Repair Files.

Apparently, eso.exe and eso64.exe are now identical. Perhaps one is designed compiled for multi-core multi-thread CPUs and the other is not.

Update:
    According to Process Explorer, The Bethesda Launcher runs eso64.exe on my computer system, so using the shortcut for it is still a valid choice.
    Also, I know how to do a bug report, but I get lazy when its on the website after all I've been doing it for 5 years now.
    For what it has been worth, I've been writing them for about 50 years now. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on June 6, 2018 6:18PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: speaking of, in this case the collision is there but the object isn't. (Think invisible walls, floors, tables and whatnot)

Yes, this has happened to me in the Clockwork City, Mechanical Fundament if memory serves (I had to try and navigate around invisible crates and railings, kept bumping into things I couldn't see), and the Chironisium in Wayrest.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it has been worth, I've been writing them for about 50 years now. :wink:

I was just including time for this game, but yes 50 years would have just about everyone beat. Would that be debugging code on punch cards or for NASA? :)

But seriously, ingame bug reports contain this information. I don't bother with it here unless I didn't do an ingame report. I make posts here to see if it affects others.

Edit: I have yet to see it after this last patch,,,, Something that didn't make the patch notes maybe??

Edited by Casdha on June 6, 2018 6:20PM

Options