The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone received any Pyandonean/Maomer Motif pages, or books from fishing yet?

• Quantum_Knight
    Quantum_Knight
    ✭✭✭
    In the fishing I was doing over the weekend (not searching for fishing spots, per se, just taking the opportunity as I walked by them), I found about 6 bottles, and looted the Bow motif page in my 5th one. Not sure if it makes a difference (I'm sure it doesn't) but it was from a fishing spot in Karnwasten.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Yes a single pyandonean page. By comparison the new recipes were a breeze. Got the purple and gold ones in a few hours of fishing.

How many attempts did you make before getting that page?

I got it from one of my first fishing attempts. Just luck.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PSA: bottles appear fixed, become bound if you look in them now.
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps dumb question: are the pages bound? I’m a little confused by some of the wording.
    I know the recipes are
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is there a chance to acquire Maomer motifs at fishing spots outside of Summerset?
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccengi wrote: »
    Perhaps dumb question: are the pages bound? I’m a little confused by some of the wording.
    I know the recipes are

Nah they aren't bound
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is there a chance to acquire Maomer motifs at fishing spots outside of Summerset?

Nope. Pya motifs only drop in Summerset. Not even Artaeum
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

Thanks for the confirmation. I will be focusing my efforts in Summerset.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 Bottles= 9 motifs. Rest bought for about 400k. However seriously depleted my stock of Worms.

gL2mkWw.png
    Edited by UrbanMonk on May 31, 2018 5:23AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the confirmation. Artaeum is the only place to get the 2 recipes is it? Summerset for bottles and Artaeum for satchels?
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still missing 2 pages atm but close to finishing it.

146 bottles containing:
    - 14 motifs / 132 Sea Serpent Hides - You get either one or the other, never both, they are together in a single loot list.
    - 33 Clam Gall / 33 Powdered Mother of Pearl - Again, these seem to share a loot list as I never got both from a single bottle, but there's also other (cheap) alchemy and enchanting stuff in this list. Note that you sometimes get more than 1 gall or powder from a single bottle.
    - Bottles can only be caught in Summerset! In Artaeum you get Waterlogged Psijic Satchels which can contain one of the 2 recipes and rare style materials.

I estimate this took about 2500-3000 bait/throws (the drop rate on the bottles seems equal to that of the wet gunny sacks in other zones) and of course I also finished the achievements during that time and found a garden full of impressive coral structures and plants.

So the effective drop rate per bait for motif pages is about half the effective perfect roe drop rate per bait, and the drop rate per bait for the gall and powder seem about equal to perfect roe. All plus or minus a 10-20% margin of error or so.

I'd get more data but worms have become an extinct species in Tamriel.

On what platform? There are plenty of worms at PC NA guild traders for 18g each (3600 per 200).
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on May 31, 2018 9:21AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »

Thanks for the confirmation. Artaeum is the only place to get the 2 recipes is it? Summerset for bottles and Artaeum for satchels?

Correct @lardvader
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I've gotten like less than 10 bottles and 0 motif.

Should i look for crowded spots for higher chance of getting bottles?

Does the food help in getting bottles?

I keep getting fishes only when alone :(
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me and a buddy fished for a few days, - we had the fish food which gave us double fish - which was great- but which zos nerfed- like they do all good things. it was the one thing that made fishing not tedious and actually a productive exercise. BUT in that time- my rough calculations were roughly

1 bottle in every 15 reels.
    1 motif in every 10 bottles- of course RNG - we sometimes got 3 in 10 - sometimes none in 30.

but the chance of getting a motif is around .66 pecent- about the same as getting a nirncrux from mining. maybe a bit more.
    Edited by MakoFore on May 31, 2018 10:12AM
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    I've opened 56 bottles and have gotten 0 pyandonean motifs

Do not BUY the bottles.

People can look in and still sell xD

not true, once looked in, the bottle becomes bound and can not be sold.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten 4 or 5 bottles. I got the Pyandonean shoulders plus crafting mats. I also got a sand dollar (can't remember the exact name of the item) from fishing. It's a small house item.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've opened 10 bottles and have gotten 2 pages.

On a side note, if your looking for worms you can find them and guts in the clams more often than anything else.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing again for over an hour today, still no bottles. Are they only available on the first attempt at a fishing spot or any attempt until it is exhausted?
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    Yes

Yes, first attempt, or yes any attempt?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing again for over an hour today, still no bottles. Are they only available on the first attempt at a fishing spot or any attempt until it is exhausted?

You have to fish in Summerset, but the bottles can be fished at any point until the hole is exhausted.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to fish in Summerset, but the bottles can be fished at any point until the hole is exhausted.

Alright. Thank you.
  • Blazyn
    Blazyn
    ✭✭
    I have gotten 4 so far. 3 from river and 1 from the ocean.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a few bottles, but no pages.

nothing else of note other than a couple green fish.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a bottle, and it contained Pyandonean Gloves Motif!
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a bit of fishing while I slurped my coffee, two bottles, one Pyandonean shoulders motif.

Sigh, now I got one, I'll need to find the rest of them, I hate oCd (obsessive 'completion' disorder) ;)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a bottle, and it contained Pyandonean Gloves Motif!

My first bottle had a Helmet motif and a Powdered Mother of Pearl. I wonder if the RNG is weighted towards rewarding first timers?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    2 Pages dropped from my free (3) Psijic Crates last night.
    They were the only good stuff in them.
    Why would they would believe I would pay Crowns for their cheesy gambling crates.

Just say no to paying for Crown Crates.
    Malborn
    PC-EU
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I've opened 10 bottles and have gotten 2 pages.

On a side note, if your looking for worms you can find them and guts in the clams more often than anything else.

I have only found one clam. One. Exactly one.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third fishing spot I got the gold psijic drink, no motifs