The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Profanity in guild names. Is it allowed?

NinetyNineTails
PvP regulars sometimes create guilds with silly names with sole purpose of claming keeps in Cyrodiil. Some of these guild names contain foul language which is banned in character names. Since there's no "Report guild name" category in the customer support in-game form, I'd like to know if using these guild names is allowed.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, if it is a clear violation of ZOS's terms & conditions, then guilds with profane names should not be allowed.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open a ticket in the game. I would use "Report Player" (under Ask for Help) in the hopes that it gets routed to the right team, and use the Guild Name as the Player Name, then make it clear in the Description that you are talking about a guild.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NinetyNineTails

Profanity is not allowed in guild names.

Guild names must follow these rules:
    • The name cannot exceed 25 characters.
    • The name cannot start with a space.
    • The name must end with a letter.
    • No more than two of the same letter in a row.
    • No adjacent punctuation characters.
    • The name may contain up to four hyphens, apostrophes, or spaces at most.
    • The guild name must adhere to our Code of Conduct.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NinetyNineTails
    @ZOS_BillE, please let me know how this should be resolved. There's no guild related fields in customer support form.
  • NinetyNineTails
    Open a ticket in the game. I would use "Report Player" (under Ask for Help) in the hopes that it gets routed to the right team, and use the Guild Name as the Player Name, then make it clear in the Description that you are talking about a guild.

Was going to do it as a last resort but decided to ask first. Unfortunately, some of my support tickets were ignored when I filed them under wrong category.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was going to do it as a last resort but decided to ask first. Unfortunately, some of my support tickets were ignored when I filed them under wrong category.

There is a risk. If "report player" is automated to the point where they just accept the report, have a computer program ticky-mark the player, and delete it without a human reading it, then it is a lost cause.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NinetyNineTails

If you come across an inappropriate guild name, you will need to report a player who is in the guild. In your report make sure to explain that the issue is with the guild name. Instructions on reporting inappropriate behavior can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NinetyNineTails
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you come across an inappropriate guild name, you will need to report a player who is in the guild.

This is... problematic. There's no way to get a guild member listing using conventional means and all players have 5 guild slots which means no visible guild tag. Thank for the answer. Guess it's time to hit the ESO API wiki again. :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just file a ticket under harassment and write the guild name as player name, explain in ticket?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."