The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodill Performance is total trash

Ceepax
Ceepax
✭✭✭
(Sotha EU PC)

Since summerset as soon as the server starts to fill and the lag starts to get fked this happens to me.

Horrible lag

Perma sprint (cnt do anything at this point)

Invisible skills (my own and other players) for example. invisible soulassault/db/meteor/ fkin everything

How much worse can it actualy get?? Sort this out asap, thanks

Oh ye and the game stutters like crazy

4 years, 4 YEARS, UNACCEPTABLE.

Edited by Ceepax on May 27, 2018 7:54PM
Lil Ceep
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its bloody horrible is what it is ... i made this post about it the other day https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415414/lets-talk-about-cyrodiil-lag#latest
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see this is happening on EU

NA is a [snip] Show
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ceepax wrote: »
    (Sotha EU PC)

Since summerset as soon as the server starts to fill and the lag starts to get fked this happens to me.

Horrible lag

Perma sprint (cnt do anything at this point)

Invisible skills (my own and other players) for example. invisible soulassault/db/meteor/ fkin everything

How much worse can it actualy get?? Sort this out asap, thanks

Oh ye and the game stutters like crazy

4 years, 4 YEARS, UNACCEPTABLE.

So true.

PCe EU vivec also have the same thing.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Jam
    Jam
    ✭✭✭
    The funniest is : we are *** to continue to play on a game were devs doesn't give a *** about quality services.

They finally deliver a service which doesn't reflect the price we pay for, and even if the pvp population is lower than the pve one, they should respect what they propose, and stop acting like an another *** money generator companie.
    IG : @PerfectJam PC/EU/1400+CP
    EU
    • Jam Lamia - (m)Templar Breton - AVA rank 41 - AD
    • Jam Elia - (s)Templar Imperial - AVA rank 31 - AD
    • Jam Siya - (m)Sorcerer Altmer - AVA rank 28 - AD
    • Jam Niera - (s)NB Woodelf - AVA rank 28 - AD
    • Jam Meloa - (m)DK Breton - AVA rank 37 - AD
    • Jam the Zerger - (m)Templar Breton - AVA rank 22 - DC
    • Jam's Karmacoma - (s)DK Redguard - AVA rank 30 - AD
    • Get Jammed - (m)Sorcerer Altmer - AVA rank 23 - EP
    • Jam the Stormelade - (s)Sorcerer Orc - AVA rank 19 - AD
    • J A M - (m)NB Altmer - AVA rank lel - DC
    • Jam the Undead Marmelade - (s)Necro Nord - AVA rank lul - AD
    • Jam the Apparatchik - (m)Warden Breton- AVA rank lul - AD
    • I wanna Jammin with You - (m)Templar Breton - AVA rank lol - EP
    ---
    NA
    • Jam the Marmelade - (m)DK Dunmer - CP160+ - EP
    • Perfect Jam - (m)Sorcerer Altmer - One day... - EP
    ---
    Guilds
    • AWAWAWAWAR - Did you see the goblins ?
    • AoE Rats - 8 men's group
    • Noricum and KiteSquad - Don't forget to stand up for small scale PvP !
    • Former raid leader of French Coq (RIP) - YouTube
    PS : If I sum all my chars...
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the siege arrow/cursor @ warden not showing up was horrible....
    ...and then summerset went live
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭
    Jam wrote: »
    The funniest is : we are *** to continue to play on a game were devs doesn't give a *** about quality services.

They finally deliver a service which doesn't reflect the price we pay for, and even if the pvp population is lower than the pve one, they should respect what they propose, and stop acting like an another *** money generator companie.

Ye thats the insane part its kinda "accepted" at this point, they even make jokes about it. Just insane and UNACCEPTABLE.
    Edited by Ceepax on May 28, 2018 6:12PM
    Lil Ceep
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I swapped from vivec to sotha and sotha was like a no lag paradise(still lag but not nearly as bad as vivec) . Then it got worse every patch and now it feels like vivec.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took settings down as low as possible and followed all advice re addons. Totally unplayable. Frozen -not slow -totally frozen -over and over. Then killing other people who were frozen - which is not fun. All group leaving Vivec. Please fix. I feel more like spewing than i would after hours on a rollercoaster. I am paying mems. This is not an acceptable product.

Edited by merevie on June 3, 2018 2:44AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember @ZOS_BrianWheeler mentioning that proc sets contribute to server processing lag because of the RNG checks... yet ZOS keeps introducing more proc sets.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuLtJiUH78

It's the worst it's been in a loooong time imo
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny also how this afternoon, vivec eu is locked, but the performance is great because there are zero ball groups on the map. Yet there are tons of pug zergs, the yellows were even stacking 60 + at some point
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuLtJiUH78

It's the worst it's been in a loooong time imo

Why are you only light attacking?
    :trollface: (I know it is because of this stutter/lag, I've had it numerous times myself)

On a serious note: it has been so horrendous I just stopped playing in Cyrodiil in peak hours. Bar swapping often doesn't work, I can't animation cancel properly, skills are not working and need to be pressed multiple times etc. Indeed OP, it is unbearable and I'm surprised the outrage isn't more than it already is? ZOS hasn't made any statement yet and I doubt they will, I hope they show some respect towards people that buy and play this game for PvP. The base game should have priority and PvP is part of that.
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on June 3, 2018 1:50PM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be ashamed that they still haven´t adressed the cause of those issues on the player behaviour side of things.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s so bad right now. I know I play from Asia, but prior to about a week ago it was great, literally some of the best performance I’ve had. Tonight it was abysmal. PvP is jsut not happening, not even BGs. I cannot react to anything if I can even see it. I could just barley weave LAs in freakin PvE dungeons. Idk what changed with the last patch, was it that accident red shell thingy? I feel bad for my opponents too, I’ve watched people just freeze multiple times today during duels.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 3, 2018 5:12PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time they add a DLC that claims to have the best improvements yet , this one being multi core threading and server side improvement , the lag gets worse . I know multi core has nothing to do with lag but it just feels like nothing will ever improve ESO's problems with lag and disconnection problems .
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Summerset the skills ability passives are also calculated on server side, which means produce more lag

Server Performance: Several requirements that were part of ability passives have been converted to server side encoded checks, which will cut down on requirements ran per ability use.
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on June 3, 2018 9:49PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    This my las time in Cyrodiil and my last Stamina toon I am leveling. Just going there to get Vigor thanks to ZoS doesn't want to add a stamina self heal heal to Stamplars
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is sad to say ZOS had done nothing to fix the Cyrodiil performance issues. They have completely ignored four years of thousands of posts complaining about the lag, high pings, crashes, delayed animation attacks, etc, etc, etc. I strongly believe it will eventually be ZOS's downfall. When other games surface to give ESO some competition and their game performance and problem support is far superior to ZOS then they will feel the hurt as word will travel fast. I think ZOS will start to see this in the very near future. There are other games currently in development and testing that I have been watching that I think will do just that.

• terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    yes it is. No one complains about it tho anymore lol... and whoever does gets no attention
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I swapped from vivec to sotha and sotha was like a no lag paradise(still lag but not nearly as bad as vivec) . Then it got worse every patch and now it feels like vivec.

Same. Just when you think performance can't get any worse a new patch comes along and delivers even worse performance.

I'm not sure how much more of this crap I can take. Such a shame that a wonderful game design is being so horribly mismanaged. So much lost potential...
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's total trash and has been for a long time. Problem is ZOS just keeps ignoring all the complaints.
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth posting here as well I think as I believe it is quite on topic
    I'd love to see live footage of the meeting room where the bring up topics for discussion tbh, I'd put money on it that it's a meme to bring up the performance in cyro and everyone tries their hardest not to laugh, something like this i guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkuNpgACH0

Honestly an embarrasment from a development team, especially taking into account the amount of time the game has been out.
    Edited by LegendaryChef on June 5, 2018 8:33PM
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C U somewhere else
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil feels like it never left beta. It's sad. =/ ZOS rarely discusses Cyordiil and PVP. It's become clear that it's not a priority, and fixing it is not (and has not) been on the agenda.
    Edited by Preyfar on June 5, 2018 9:14PM
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Iam on the same server and no issues at all, even on EU peak times.
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you restarted your router and that sorted it or?
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the earth is flat, vaccines cause autism and global warming is a hoax by the lizard people.

Brb restarting my router.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the lagg and fps drops, atleast we have fun in defileodiil with sloading screens, no? :tired_face:

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This can't be anything else but a flat out lie though. It might not happen every day to the same extent, but i'm 100% sure that even someone living 10m from the servers would get crippling lag when the rest of us do. You can't not experience the server load, it's just impossible.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of lag, the status of pvp in prime time is extremely close to being dead. Sure, there are plenty of people playing cyrodiil during those hours, but are they playing against other players? Not really, they are more like playing against the lag. PvL is so common and has been in the game so long that it is actually a feature that should be advertised when selling the product.

Try to to shor? Dead campaign.
    Try to go to Sotha? Travel in time back to 1t meta: proc sets everywhere
    Try to go vivec? Lul, fuckton of lag
    Try to do bgs? Time travel, again