Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUG- Psijic Order skills are disabling light / heavy attack

Maryal
Maryal
✭✭✭✭✭
lkrcmb62z8td.png

My light / heavy attacks are not working at all. Stopped in the middle of doing a quest. The mouse works fine, I can do everything else EXCEPT light or heavy attack. When I press the mouse button that is bound to 'attack' (RMB), my character just stands still.
I tried re-binding 'attack' to a different button (tried the LMB, also tried to bind it to a key button) but no matter what I did, the 'attack' command won't go off (no heavy, no light attacks).

I did a reloadui and that didn't fix it. I quit the game and then restarted it, and that didn't fix it. I ran the repair option under 'game options' and that didn't fix it. NOTHING fixes it.

EDIT: I also tried the reset to default in the controls panel, but that didn't help. Don't know if this is related or not, but about 20 min. earlier, I had just put the Accelerate and the Mend Wounds skills on my skill bar for the first time. Also, about 5 minutes or so before cutting out altogether, I did notice there was a definite delay between hitting my RMB and the corresponding light/heavy attack actually firing off (but no delay between pressing a key button for a skill to go off)

ALSO ... ever since not being able to light/heavy attack, there is a perpetual, very noticeable, cream-colored glow flowing around my character's hands (it has that Psijic-light appearance) ... and I can hear a faint sound that seems to be associated with this glow ... it's an odd sound to describe .... kind of like the sound of air running through a tube. [/b]

RESOLVED OMG! I figured out what the problem was. And as embarrassing as it is to leave this post up, I will do so because I have no doubt someone else will run into the same problem I did.

So, if you happen to experience the same symptoms I did, it is the 'Mend Wounds' function. OMG! Just press it again and the problem is solved. LOL! I feel like such a noob!
Edited by Maryal on May 25, 2018 8:45AM
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably did what I did and slotted the Psijic skill "Mend Wounds" without fully reading the description. When this is toggled on all your Light and Heavy attacks become heals that must be targeted at an ally. The fix is simple - just toggle the skill off.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    You probably did what I did and slotted the Psijic skill "Mend Wounds" without fully reading the description. When this is toggled on all your Light and Heavy attacks become heals that must be targeted at an ally. The fix is simple - just toggle the skill off.

This is 100% what it is, you can see it on his bar, lit up, so the skill is activated.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 25, 2018 8:23AM
  • Kaxxi
    Kaxxi
    ✭✭
    Correct.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally did this too because I didn't think about trying to "attack" my allies and assumed it worked more like the warden skill where,you light attack enemies and allies get healed. Oops!