The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wall/Gate Repair Kits not working "item not ready yet"

Kelces
Kelces
✭✭✭✭✭
As it says in the title, that's the message I get when trying to use a repair kit for walls and gates, after exactly 4 uses. Then the messages start and no more repair is possible, unless I went out of Cyrodiil and back again. No, addons can not be the cause, I tested it both ways.

Curious seems to me though, that this doesn't apply to all players...
You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
Jurupari - Argonian Warden
Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
PC - EU
For the Pact!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI I know it's lag for sure. I play Shor in KBPs (kilobytes per second) no fun. This usually happens with lag (my given Internet) another reason, why are you in a hurry to repair doors and walls? Is there no enemy? If no enemy, please slow down. These are the 2 situations that will cause the error above :) hmm if you go outside of cyrodill. That fixes it. Then yes there is lag issues. What is your connection like? Is campaign very popular.

I'm guessing your pc, due to saying add ons. I unsure if you have /reloadui as option to clean the ui? Usually fixes bugs and clear logs. Type /reloadui in chat box. If not work, try deleting non main quests (main story can't delete, not allowed to) try this though, it's an old fix, from ages past. It's pain to, but try do game repair via in game on pc. (have to re-download from repair option via in game) do this last resort.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on May 24, 2018 5:23PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something similar to this happened to me on the PTS. I tried repairing the door for one of the outposts and the game simply refused to allow me to activate the repair kit (I had 999 slotted). Haven't tried repairing anything on live yet to see if it persisted on my end.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about the lag thing immediately and even thought, that I got booted, but abilities worked aswell as weapon swap. I could not repair at other keeps either, anything else worked fine. Also there were some issues with flaming oil, while ballistas for example worked.

Something tells me, we had this pattern before...

Oh and by the way: The amount at which the repair kits stopped working was always not stackable with others I bought to make sure, it wasn't lag. So I always had two different stacks, as if they somehow became different type of items.
    Edited by Kelces on May 24, 2018 10:45PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It safe to assume it not lag. In case others have similar issues. Please write a bug report in the bug section. Summer set is new. All new things, bugs must come to pass.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.