Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Book and its Cover?

Gigasax
Gigasax
✭✭✭✭
Anyone knows where i find the stuff/quests for the achievement?
- Noractis -
- PC EU -
  • ArmyBQ08b14_ESO
    ArmyBQ08b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Gigasax wrote: »
    Anyone knows where i find the stuff/quests for the achievement?

@Gigasex:

I was wondering the same thing. I can't find a single whisper about this on any search engine.
    Respectfully,

=====

Azrael Sulyce - MagSorc
    Metatron Sulyce - Templar Healer
    Enyo Sulyce - MagBlade
    Karsyn Sulyce - StamDK
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, would really like to know how to get that thing done.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • shad0vvv
    shad0vvv
    ✭✭
    guys i have 1/5 in achivement. Point is NPC (random place spawn) you must talking with them and pay investigation. And you recive.
  • shad0vvv
    shad0vvv
    ✭✭
    finally done 5/5
  • shad0vvv
    shad0vvv
    ✭✭
    guys easy: NPC spawn on Russafeld Shrine. If you see NPC Chointx. Talking with him. After you finish first step in achiv you go long distance from them and come back and again talking. you 5x times and you recive achiv.
  • shad0vvv
    shad0vvv
    ✭✭
    Screenshot_20180523_203925.png
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... did you finish the main quest already by any chance? Because there is no NPC for me at that shrine.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... did you finish the main quest already by any chance? Because there is no NPC for me at that shrine.

Same. I remember seeing a couple npc's here talking a couple times i passed by, even waited to see if a quest thing popped up, but I guess not long enough. Anyway - now, after doing main questline - no one at this shrine anymore.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ArmyBQ08b14_ESO
    ArmyBQ08b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No quest giver at wayshrine.
    Respectfully,

=====

Azrael Sulyce - MagSorc
    Metatron Sulyce - Templar Healer
    Enyo Sulyce - MagBlade
    Karsyn Sulyce - StamDK
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, sometimes there are no NPCs there, so you just have to keep leaving and coming back as someone said. But there are a lot of different NPCs that spawn. Some of my friends got it in a few tries, I've been at it all day and just now got one of them as none of the other NPC groups were part of it I guess, so you just have to look for the female Argonian and run into her like five times.
    Edited by xaraan on May 26, 2018 6:05AM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    This is a random event achievment. They are sometimes there, most of the time not. You must be lucky, but they always appear on the same location, so if you now where they are, just run around, check the spots, sooner or later you going to find them all.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they spawn in multiple locations on the island? if so, could anybosy post a pic of the map with the spawn locations?
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

Just teleport back and forth to the "Russafeld Wayshrine" from another area and you will get the spawn of needed NPCs.

Boring but in a few mins you'll get the ach.
    Edited by wolf2017 on May 28, 2018 2:51PM
    Regards

WFX
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I just completed the entire thing in like 5 minutes max. Just ride away a bit and ride back. Worked for me anyways.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved that this achievement lets you assist in arresting an argonian
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i keep getting the irate kinlady and the orc.

over and over and over and over and...:/
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very RNG. My friend had the same result as a few posters in here - you find the right NPC and you ride back and forth out of range and get all the stages quickly.

I've had terrible RNG. I've ported between several spawns hundreds of times this week (literally) and got the correct NPC one time, I was able to ride back and forth and get 2 of the 5 stages done before they despawned right in front of me.

So it's very do-able as what some have pointed out, but also very RNG as to getting the right npc. So good luck everyone.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭
    Found them! Go to this spot then once you're done with the dialogue, run to the docks behind you (there's a relic there too :D) then run back and speak again.

For some reason I can't attach the image. https://imgur.com/a/6I9zbKi
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have done the first step without knowing about the achievement. I have "Traffic Stop" done. I wonder how i should continue this achievement?
    EDIT: I got it to continue just like starting. It took maybe 40 times to travel away and back until Chointx and justiciar appeared to Russefelt wayshrine.
    Edited by helediron on June 10, 2018 1:56PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the most darn right aggravating achievement in summerset
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only found this NPC one time... no luck for me I suppose.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can spawn in many places. I didn't even go for it specifically but got it eventually. Just listen to NPC dialogue carefully as you go around. You can sometimes hear the Argonian whining but no see her because it's a bit away from the main road. For example I found my 2nd one in the vineyard near Alinor. There are multiple places where random encounter NPC spawn but there are other generic encounters that can spawn instead at the same place: an Orc & Altmer who had a riding accident, a Sapiarch scolding his students, two soldiers discussing a dead yaghra (the one that looks like Sonic the Hedgehog) etc.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ChockaShocka
    A Book and its Cover - This is how I completed it:

I went to Russafeld Heights Wayshrine, then rode away from the wayshrine about 100 yards (300 meters) going northwest, over the hill. Then came back to the wayshrine area to the flat paved area south of & right next to the actual wayshrine itself, about 20 walking steps from the wayshrine & about 4 feet lower than the elevation of the wayshrine.

I went back and forth doing the above about 5 - 10 times. Then I rode to the location described above by OtisMiller with link to a picture, then went to the docks he mentioned, found 2 lorebooks, then back to the spot shown in a picture in the link OtisMiller provided.

Then rode my mount back to the Russafeld Wayshrine to see 2 women talking in the location described above next to the wayshrine, & there were 2 horses (sometimes 1 of the horses didn't spawn). I interacted with them, either persuading one or intimidating the other about 3 times, then for the remainder of my dialogues with them I always intimidated the one that allows that, waited for their dialogue to disappear from the screen, then rode off 100 yards (300 meters) going northwest as
    described above, then returned to that location to find them there again.

I repeated that procedure about 10 times, sometimes "Soothing" one of the horses, until the 2 women would no longer spawn again. Then I rode off the the location that OtisMiller described, then rode to the docks 1 time, then returned to OtisMiller's pictured location, then rode to the wayshrine area to find a Sapiarch with 2 Assistants.

I spoke with the Sapiarch, paid him gold, waited for the dialogue to disappear from the screen, rode northwest as described above, returned, repeated the dialogue and payment about 6 - 8 times, until the 3 persons stopped spawning.Then while I was typing this, in that wayshrine location, 2 Dominion Soldiers spawned with a dead creature. During the dialogue, I chose to
    Persuade, then the soldiers disappeared.

Examining the dead creature (Yaghra Strider) did nothing. I repeated that dialogue 1 time after riding Northwest & returning, then they never spawned again.

Then I rode my mount to OtisMiller's location he pictured in his photo link above to find Bailiff Naramin & Choixth at the shrine, or whatever it is in that picture, with the 4 candles. I dialogued with both of them, than chose to pay Choixth the requested gold & they disappeared. That completed "Traffic Stop" in my achievement list which is 1 of those required for
    completion of "A Book and its Cover".

Rode back to Russafeld Wayshrine to find & interact with Choixth again. Then to that shrine place, waited there on the steps about 10 minutes, & the Sapiarch appeared. "Pecking Order" is finished but I don't know why.

Waited at the shrine thingy, on the steps, from OtisMiller's photo link above about 5 minutes & Choixth appeared. Paid him for being drunk & "The Usual Suspect" is now finished. 3 of 5 in "A Book and its Cover" are finished. It appears
    that 1 of the 5 is completed after each time of talking with Choixth & finishing the dialogue.

Next I waited at the shrine thingy about 5 minutes & the Sapiarch appeared, paid him off. Rode back onto the docks, came back to wait at the shrine. 5 minutes later, Choixth spawns, I intimidate the Bailiff, "Forgive Our Trespasses" is complete.

Rode to dock, returned to shrine, waited again about 5 minutes, no-one spawned. I rode to the Cey-Tarn Keep Wayshrine nearby, fast-traveled to Russafeld Heights Wayshrine, Choixth & the Bailiff were there, interacted with them, got Choixth set free, & the cheevo "A Book and its Cover" unlocked.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got almost all of them from right next to this wayshrine

Screenshot_20180418_135635.png
  • Floodously
    Floodously
    Soul Shriven
    There is another location where the NPC's can spawn, under the ruins just to the east of the entrance to the King's Haven Pass Delve.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few places where they spawn. Ive come across 3 different places besides near that wayshrine.

One is near the Alinor Docks

One is SE of the Ebon Stadmont wayshrine just before the bridge

One is north west of the Lliandril Wayshrine

There are probably more.

Edited by Katahdin on July 25, 2018 6:00AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Dueydoodah
    Another spot is under Eldbur Ruins
    Level 50, CP1110
    1. Breton Templar Healer/DPS; High Elf Sorcerer Magicka DPS; Imperial DK Stamina Tank/DPS
    2. Khajiit Nightblade Archer DPS; High Elf Warden Healer/DPS; Imperial Templar Healer/DPS
    3. Dark Elf Nightblade DPS; High Elf Templar Healer/Tank; High Elf DK DPS
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I collected the locations, and updated UESP and here.

There are several places where the NPC's can be met:
    • Easiest place to meet it is on a platform aside Russafeld Wayshrine
    • Shrine off road, SE the Alinor Docks
    • SE of the Ebon Stadmont wayshrine, W side of road, just before the bridge
    • NW of the Lliandril Wayshrine
    • under the ruins, just to the east of the entrance to the King's Haven Pass Delve
    • road east of Sunhold Wayshrine
    • Off NE side in woods on the road to Direnni Acropolis
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the achievement on multiple characters using the addon map pins. You can use that only on PC though.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MythicSnake
    MythicSnake
    ✭✭
    I accidentally got her arrested before I completed all 5 achievements. I didn't realize this would screw it up for me and I wouldn't get her back. Is she permanently gone now??? I am a compulsive completionist and this is going to really drive me crazy. I have one interaction left before I get this achievement. How do I get her to show up again?