The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I’d be interested to hear ideas from a potential new PvP director

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
It’s been a couple of years, and the current team has gotten stale, made some bad decisions, haven’t really offered anything significant for PvP in updates, and the quarterly report is still always “we can’t do anything until,we fix the lag, and we will be making some minor adjustments next month.” I think it would be a good time for some new leadership, and an infusion of fresh energy and outside-the-box thinking on PvP.

To be VERY clear...I’m not saying anyone lose their job or be demoted...I’m suggesting that ESO PvP had a good run since 2014, and it feels like a good time for Zos to look at some internal transfers. Move some of the ESO PvP team over to Fallout or ES6 or something. Then it would be great to pick up a new director who might come in with some fresh ideas, and who could shake things up a bit.

My friend worked on various Call of Duty games, and shifting things around when the team got tired and lackluster was a big part of what led to Black Ops. (I’d suggest Zos recruit from CA, where the real skillz are, lol, but they can hire from the east coast if they have to).

I mean...come on Zos...think of it...next year at E3 you bring some new hot shot out on stage and the room goes quiet as the gigantron behind him blazes to life in a headline hero image that says “TESO: Alliance War, Year 2.” French horns! Wolves howling! Ayrenn does one of those fake flashes where she pulls up her top but she’s wearing a tan body suit underneath and the fan boys get all excited then realize it’s a fake out!

New director...I’m telling you, that’d be marketing gold.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is with PvP is that they are hesitant to add anything new until performance is sorted, and as we know, the spaghetti code won't allow that much.

But granted they are trying to fix it constantly, mostly to no avail, but there are a lot of performance fixes.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    The thing is with PvP is that they are hesitant to add anything new until performance is sorted, and as we know, the spaghetti code won't allow that much.

But granted they are trying to fix it constantly, mostly to no avail, but there are a lot of performance fixes.

I actually think it’s a business decision. They allocate resources to what brings in money. Market forces (i.e, players are willing to pay for content, crown crates, mounts, and houses). The way pvp was designed and implemented in this game doesn’t bring in revenue. Pvp is free to play with base game. New chapter content is not.

There not going to replace Matt firor he’s on the board of directors. My guess is he is bringing in enough money from pve to keep the rest of the board happy. Else he would have been replaced already.

Now maybe it would be refreshing to replace wrobel or wheeler with a fresh perspective, but they seem well liked within Zos hence why they havent been replaced either.
    Edited by LegacyDM on May 23, 2018 9:42PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta disagree with you. BGs are amazing.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I'm still waiting for that 24 V 24 V 24 realm of Oblivion fight to control powerful Daedric artifacts that give Buffs. Imagine three teams sieging an NPC keep with powerful bosses that contain Daedric artifacts in different rooms that you have to bring back to your base for different Buffs. And perhaps the group that closes the Sigil Stone gets some buff of some kind for a couple hours. It drops and gear that makes PVErs happy plenty of PVP for the rest to enjoy.

Can you imagine the awesome small-scale PVP maps that you can design just for three-way fights with 72 people?

Sure this would kill cyrodiil, but you haven't shown that much love to it compared to the PVE content. So just turn cyrodiil into some open world PVP questing Zone where guilds can fight guilds to control a different keeps for different Buffs. Declare a winner in the Alliance War and create a cool story with it. It

That or just remove people's allegiance to the different factions entirely and have people choose what faction they want to join at the start of a new campaign. These are easy fixes to just help out cyrodiil and those who play it every night who wish it would have more attention paid to it

I wish you would give us numbers of the amount of people that play in PC Vivec NA during American primetime but I bet it's less than 400. Because sometimes a faction is population locked but you don't see them around anywhere. So give your 400 cyrodiil campaign regulars some love
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 25, 2018 3:44PM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall