The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to fix my max level DK (who is kinda messed up)

AngryUSAman
So, I haven't logged into the game for over a year, but I have a Redguard stam DK who uses 2h/bow. I want to make the switch to DW/Bow instead using a build I found on deltiasgaming since I really don't have a solid enough grasp on the game mechanics to create my own build. My purpose for this stam DK is to put out as much dps as possible while being able to survive running a public dungeon by myself and/or carrying my less than skilled roommate along with me. My problem is that my DW skill is extremely low, so let's just assume it's at 1. What I'm looking for is a setup to level up my DW while using 2h and/or bow to accomplish that and not be a total weakling. I'm willing to respec and put points in the right skills. I have a little over 160 CP to spend. I would really appreciate some advice on how to get my DW up to par since I don't want to reroll another DK just for this weapon skill that I'm lacking. Thanks for your time :blush:
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Essentially what you want to do when you level a character is put as many different skills (from different skill lines) as you need.

Essentially you can purchase a DW skill, replace it on either bar with one other skill and the DW skill line will gain EXP even if you use 2H-Bow set-up.

BUT..

a skill - line levels fastest when you use it a lot and have many different skills of it on your bar. Then any form of EXP gains will contribute to levelling your skill.

Realistically don't expect it to be levelled super fast if you just slot one-skill and don't use DW while levelling.

I recommend unlocking whirlwind, which you'll have pretty fast mobs will die fast from the AoE attack.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • AngryUSAman
    Essentially what you want to do when you level a character is put as many different skills (from different skill lines) as you need.

Essentially you can purchase a DW skill, replace it on either bar with one other skill and the DW skill line will gain EXP even if you use 2H-Bow set-up.

BUT..

a skill - line levels fastest when you use it a lot and have many different skills of it on your bar. Then any form of EXP gains will contribute to levelling your skill.

Realistically don't expect it to be levelled super fast if you just slot one-skill and don't use DW while levelling.

I recommend unlocking whirlwind, which you'll have pretty fast mobs will die fast from the AoE attack.

Thanks for your input on helping me fix my stam DK. I got some other advice over in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393733/helping-make-unique-builds/p5 (should be at the bottom of page 5)

and I also explain what I've done so far to fix my skill lines and progress toward a tentative build I have in mind. I would appreciate your input over there, too, where there's more information on what I'm looking for . Thanks again for your reply :smiley:
    Edited by AngryUSAman on May 24, 2018 10:01PM
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    That's essentially the same, Alik'r isn't as good as people say, but essentially you run around with a humongous group through all dolmens, again and again. It's boring AF in my opinion.

Either way if you do that, you can slot anything on your bar that is related to what you want to level, because your group will do it for you.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!