Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Incap losing its stun?

• nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Are you serious or trolling?

I'm quite serious. You can straight up walk out of the range of the skill. The LoS checks, the duration of the animation, the fact that it can't be reliably animation canceled. This is why so many people fear before they Incap, to make sure it goes off -- because we have all had too many of them whiff.

I use DBoS instead b/c you can 100% anim cancel it every time, and it's just a reliable skill.

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but it should to be consistent with the rest of the skills that got their cc removed. In general, abilities that do decent damage shouldn’t have a built in cc but for some reason zos thought it was a good idea.

Difference: incap is an ultimate, not a skill. If that is the reasoning, then remove stun from leap, dbos, meteor, etc.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but it should to be consistent with the rest of the skills that got their cc removed. In general, abilities that do decent damage shouldn’t have a built in cc but for some reason zos thought it was a good idea.

Difference: incap is an ultimate, not a skill. If that is the reasoning, then remove stun from leap, dbos, meteor, etc.

I never said they shouldn't have them removed, you're doing a "what about argument" when the focus is on incap but anyways you can't really compare leap, dbos and meteor to a low cost ult that offers more.

And again let's not debate semantics.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nekura wrote: »
    Mihael wrote: »

Are you serious or trolling?

I'm quite serious. You can straight up walk out of the range of the skill. The LoS checks, the duration of the animation, the fact that it can't be reliably animation canceled. This is why so many people fear before they Incap, to make sure it goes off -- because we have all had too many of them whiff.

I use DBoS instead b/c you can 100% anim cancel it every time, and it's just a reliable skill.

Dbos misses point blank and will be wasted if you try to use it by an object. Such as hugging a tree than dropping it just for it to vanish.

• nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭

Dbos misses point blank and will be wasted if you try to use it by an object. Such as hugging a tree than dropping it just for it to vanish.

Have you tried block canceling DBoS? I don't have issues with it. As seen in that video recently about the LoS checks, I think you can avoid those that way. I don't believe I have ever lost one in a 1v1 with another player trying to stealth.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nekura wrote: »

Have you tried block canceling DBoS? I don't have issues with it. As seen in that video recently about the LoS checks, I think you can avoid those that way. I don't believe I have ever lost one in a 1v1 with another player trying to stealth.

I always block cancel it but there's multiple threads about dbos missing, ults in general. Has been like this for awhile.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the stun removal is stupid. Literally all a nb needs to do is slot fear and it's basically the same. Most of them have it slotted anyways. It needs to lose the defile and cost needs to be increased as well.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's an ultimate.

and no.
    Edited by Lucky28 on June 1, 2018 1:02AM
    Invictus
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

it's an ultimate.

and no.

It's still a skill and an ability, don't know why this is even a debate. Let me guess you guys also think a skill like talons isn't considered a cc in the mmo or moba world because zos calls it a root lol

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I’m on PS4 and Summerset isn’t out. As far as I am aware, it could be a planned change. Incap 100% still stuns atm but console is still on Dragonbones patch and obviously has no access to the PTS.

ZOS has never stated they were nerfing it.

But their patch notes do state that abilities that do high DMG should not also crowd control. Similar logic to abilities that snare don't deal high DMG.

So you are kinda right, there's a 99.9% chance zos will be nerfing incap soon given it's cheap cost.

But then again Ultimates operate on their own agenda in some ways, but they have been cleaning them up lately. Honestly, they might even remove the stun off Dawnbreaker, or shift the the DMG to the morph that gives you raw weapon DMG.

Either way good thread!

If they remove the stun from DB, just no. Stamplars and stamina sorcs, and maybe stam wardens will basically just say goodbye. That would be a massive nerf to stamina. That stun is basically the only thing holding certain classes together.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the stun on meteor
    Nerf the knockback on leap
    Nerf the snare and stun from permafrost
    Nerf the stun from storm atro

These are all high hitting ults. If incap has it's stun removed, these abilities and more should also have their CC removed