The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Incap losing its stun?

Albino_Dunmer
Albino_Dunmer
✭✭✭
I recently heard from a few different people, who have been reliable in the past, that incap would be losing its stun/knockdown in Summerset. However, upon trying to actually find this information, I’ve turned up nothing that seems credible, or really any mention of what I know would be a hotly discussed topic. Is this true? If so, please point me in the direction of the source. Thank you.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test it?

I thought it still did stunned.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Albino_Dunmer
    Albino_Dunmer
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on PS4 and Summerset isn’t out. As far as I am aware, it could be a planned change. Incap 100% still stuns atm but console is still on Dragonbones patch and obviously has no access to the PTS.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but it should to be consistent with the rest of the skills that got their cc removed. In general, abilities that do decent damage shouldn’t have a built in cc but for some reason zos thought it was a good idea.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not in the Summerset patch notes. They have been known to accidentally leave certain changes out though and correct the patch notes once reported.

Test for yourself to see :/
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on PS4 and Summerset isn’t out. As far as I am aware, it could be a planned change. Incap 100% still stuns atm but console is still on Dragonbones patch and obviously has no access to the PTS.

ZOS has never stated they were nerfing it.

But their patch notes do state that abilities that do high DMG should not also crowd control. Similar logic to abilities that snare don't deal high DMG.

So you are kinda right, there's a 99.9% chance zos will be nerfing incap soon given it's cheap cost.

But then again Ultimates operate on their own agenda in some ways, but they have been cleaning them up lately. Honestly, they might even remove the stun off Dawnbreaker, or shift the the DMG to the morph that gives you raw weapon DMG.

Either way good thread!
    Edited by Minno on May 22, 2018 9:15PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No but it should to be consistent with the rest of the skills that got their cc removed. In general, abilities that do decent damage shouldn’t have a built in cc but for some reason zos thought it was a good idea.

Ultimate
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Ultimate

Doesn't stop overload light attacks being undodgable ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

But their patch notes do state that abilities that do high DMG should not also crowd control. Similar logic to abilities that snare don't deal high DMG.

So you are kinda right, there's a 99.9% chance zos will be nerfing incap soon given it's cheap cost.

But then again Ultimates operate on their own agenda in some ways, but they have been cleaning them up lately. Honestly, they might even remove the stun off Dawnbreaker, or shift the the DMG to the morph that gives you raw weapon DMG.

Either way good thread!

ZOS is not consistent though on that ruleset, which was a big complaint when they removed Deep Fissure’s stun. Wrecking Blow for example totally breaks the rule.

The idea of making all skills follow a few rulesets is a great way to homogenize all classes overtime and make the game boring asf btw. Really sad to see the changes especially over the last year regarding homogenization of the classes.

PvE builds have been similar for awhile (especially Stam), but over the last year we’ve seen DW Mag PvE builds entirely become useless, and many skills that were unique turned into generic abilities (Spear Shards losing CC). Now finally PvP builds are losing variation due to Destructive Touch being the preferred (or in the case of Warden, the only) CC.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 22, 2018 9:23PM
  • Albino_Dunmer
    Albino_Dunmer
    ✭✭✭
    I like incap as it is and the skill itself is mostly fine imo, but there are just too many source for ult generation currently so incap is overperforming. Probably the same reason Stamdens are overperforming. Lots of ult gen. The Asylum 2H paired with the masters bow just made NBs really *** strong. If they really wanted to balance it though they’d simply remove major defile and replace it with a guaranteed minor defile or no defile at all. The synergy between 6 seconds of empowerment and a debuff to healing is what makes incap so strong. The stun is meh except for the knockdown lag shenanigans. I usually fear before incap anyways. But that’s an entirely different discussion.

I just wanted to know if incap is losing its stun or not though. I’m guessing my friend may have been misinformed at this point, if so, this thread can be closed or changed to a discussion of incap and inevitably a nerf NB thread lol.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Either way good thread!

ZOS is not consistent though on that ruleset, which was a big complaint when they removed Deep Fissure’s stun. Wrecking Blow for example totally breaks the rule.

Well the consistency is that they consider the empower to be the DMG morph and thus lose out on additional DMG if you choose the stun.

I agree that wrecking blow DMG should be nerfed to match this intent. Shalks is fine without stun, but only if the stun is given to another ability in the wardens kit.

Incap should have it's stun removed or additional DMG components removed entirely.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Albino_Dunmer
    Albino_Dunmer
    ✭✭✭
    The additional damage component getting removed would bleed into PvE and upset two playerbases at once. The stun or defile would be the best thing to remove if they were going to remove something.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ultimate
    Semantics

• Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap still stuns. Just log in and test it yourself. If you want a source just go to the patch notes and ctrl+f incap. No changes.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like incap as it is and the skill itself is mostly fine imo, but there are just too many source for ult generation currently so incap is overperforming. Probably the same reason Stamdens are overperforming. Lots of ult gen. The Asylum 2H paired with the masters bow just made NBs really *** strong. If they really wanted to balance it though they’d simply remove major defile and replace it with a guaranteed minor defile or no defile at all. The synergy between 6 seconds of empowerment and a debuff to healing is what makes incap so strong. The stun is meh except for the knockdown lag shenanigans. I usually fear before incap anyways. But that’s an entirely different discussion.

I just wanted to know if incap is losing its stun or not though. I’m guessing my friend may have been misinformed at this point, if so, this thread can be closed or changed to a discussion of incap and inevitably a nerf NB thread lol.

Yes minor defile please! BC u can always get major Def from disease enchants >:)
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    They can have the stun. Incap is such an inconsistent skill to use because of the animation. Give it a bonus debuff from a positional requirement and it will be fun to use.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didnt remove the stun, they just made incap dodgable.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    nekura wrote: »
    They can have the stun. Incap is such an inconsistent skill to use because of the animation. Give it a bonus debuff from a positional requirement and it will be fun to use.

Are you serious or trolling?
  • Albino_Dunmer
    Albino_Dunmer
    ✭✭✭

Yes minor defile please! BC u can always get major Def from disease enchants >:)
    Pretty sure disease damage is and always has been minor defile.
    Edited by Albino_Dunmer on May 23, 2018 6:51AM
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭

It is definitly supposed to be minor, but some "prominent" players have tested it and claim it is major actually. I haven't checked so can neither say its true or false though.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ultimate

Where do you have that from? According to the patch notes only the OL heavy attacks are undodgeable now. Which is negligible because nobody uses these.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It most certainly does still stun. Objectively this skill is overtuned, and I play stamblade in PVP.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Ultimate

Where do you have that from? According to the patch notes only the OL heavy attacks are undodgeable now. Which is negligible because nobody uses these.

I meant dodgable. My phone sees me saying undodable so many times it autocorrected to that lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Ultimate

I meant dodgable. My phone sees me saying undodable so many times it autocorrected to that lol.

Ah. That makes a lot more sense. :)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Namarkas wrote: »

It is definitly supposed to be minor, but some "prominent" players have tested it and claim it is major actually. I haven't checked so can neither say its true or false though.

Wrobel. The prominent player would be Wrobel who stated it. Then went back and tested it because the community said minor. It was major defile all along.
  • BlackLabel
    BlackLabel
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it did
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called INCAPACITATING strike. Its suppose to stun if it hits you or else how would it be INCAPACITATING? Im sure the devs thought of that.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called INCAPACITATING strike. Its suppose to stun if it hits you or else how would it be INCAPACITATING? Im sure the devs thought of that.

"to deprive of ability, qualification, or strength; make incapable or unfit; disable."

Ability/strength can still be defile. So as long as incap has that, it's name still makes sense.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"to deprive of ability, qualification, or strength; make incapable or unfit; disable."

Ability/strength can still be defile. So as long as incap has that, it's name still makes sense.

I would rather they just give every class their own class stun skill rather than nerf incap. They already made it dodgable and its single target. Some people might say if you dont dodge a dodgable skill then its a "L2P" issue.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No!
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    *drinks immovable*