Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

To all Lefties, what is your keyboard configuration when playing ESO?

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    To all Lefties, what is your keyboard configuration when playing ESO? Bookmark

I have a macro to print "Trump" to /zone, because I will be ranting about him eventually.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a lot of others, despite being left handed (yay for the 10%), I never learned to use a computer as anything other than right-handed. It's what was in the classroom, what was at every station in the elementary school computer lab (even in the later 90s), and what was at home. I actually tried moving my mouse to the other hand once a few years back and absolutely hated it with either button combination.

Interestingly, for whatever reason, I'm far better at typing on my phone with my right hand, though, and right eye dominant (or at least, that eye is the one that refuses to independently close), but in most other things, from tennis to scissors to using the ironing board, I'm absolutely left-handed.

Sometimes, it drives others insane. Others, it's me who goes crazy.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    Lefty as well, but I've been conditioned to play computer games right-handed, which actually works well for me as I'm more dexterous in my left hand and nearly all the standard controls are used by the left.

Same here. I had to share PCs with right-handers both at home and at work, so it was easier to adapt. For gaming it makes sense (to me).
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a righty but gl figuring out my keyboard layout. I say, get inventive and make a layout that feels good to you. Then practice!
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razer Naga
    a4ced523ce1e7cea094817bbadacab24-razer-naga-2014-gallery-06.jpg?_ga=2.50357865.156732787.1527148888-1604581635.1527148888 why can't I get the image to show...
    Thumbpad:

1 2 3 4 6 are my action keys
    5 is interact
    7 is Quickslots
    8 is Ultimate
    9 is Weapon Swap
    10 is Strafe left
    11 is back peddle
    12 is Strafe right
    Mousewheel button is auto-run
    Shoulder button 1 is Mount
    Shoulder button 2 is Roll Dodge
    0 on the numpad is jump

That is what I am looking for, but for left handed version. I am a bit confused. Are you a lefty and use your right hand since this is a right handed mouse or are you left handed using a left handed version but only can find the right hand pic?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Diora
    Diora
    ✭✭✭
    There is a left handed Naga. I have one. It's amazing. It's on Razer's site, i believe.

To answer your initial question, I grew up with a left-handed geek father, who always had the first of every new computer. So (and I'm dating myself) when the first Mac came out with a mouse (like, the very first mouse), he used it in his left hand, and so did I, because we didn't know better.

As for my setup, it's been like this for every PC game I've ever played:

Mouse in left hand. I have now adapted to the Razer Naga, but if you don't have one, here's without:

Arrow keys to move. hotbar abilities on del, end, pgdown, ins, home, page up, numpad 7, numpad 4, numpad 1, \ and backspace. I find I never have to look at the keyboard for this setup, because the spacing and size of those keys is so unique. (this is for a standard MMO like wow, with 10 or 12 hotbar slots. Jump is numpad 0, mount hotkey is numpad 3, and my push to talk key for discord is numpad .(del) I have no problem reaching any of these with my pinky.

It's way easier for ESO...i only use numpad 4 for my quickslot, the del-pageup keys are for my abilities. Without the naga, \ key is for interacting with the world/synergies.

bar swap is one of the side naga buttons.

I also have one of the side buttons on my Naga setup for the interact button (it's 5, the middle one).

I used to go to PAX and E3...and i could never demo games because i'm old and cannot adjust to a right-handed setup :neutral:
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Funny enough Im right handed in most activities except certain sports like boxing then im left handed(south paw).

weird isn't it?

not sure how many of you will be familiar with cricket. i am left handed, bowled left hand batted right hand. idk why.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Funny enough Im right handed in most activities except certain sports like boxing then im left handed(south paw).

weird isn't it?

not sure how many of you will be familiar with cricket. i am left handed, bowled left hand batted right hand. idk why.

Yeah must be how my brain works.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying with the mouse and keyboard. I am using the arrows on the right side with the skills binded to the key pad. I also tried the WASD keys but found the prior better for me.

Question. No matter what version I do, how do you keep moving? I mean I always stop and stand still when pressing a skill. How are people moving all the time? I know I can do it with the controller but how are you doing it? I mean one hand is on the mouse so your other hand is on the WASD keys/Arrow keys

How do you press the spells like 1, 2 etc. You have to let go of the WASD/arrow keys to do it. So how do you keep moving?

Also my fingers are getting sore. Is there a way you need to be sitting/positioned so hands are not so strained? I know I am to use to a controller and it's practice I need but maybe I am not sitting properly playing on a keyboard/mouse set up.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"