The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Login Music Carrying into Game

Niliu
Niliu
✭✭✭
So the loud music from the login/character select screen has been carrying over after I load up a character. I'm sitting in Vivec city with the login music playing.

Update: June 20th, still an issue
Edited by Niliu on June 20, 2018 12:33PM
Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice change, isn't it? I for one think it's great that I don't have to go through an annoying musical transition every time I log in -- the excellent login screen music now gets to play out!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Niliu

When did this first start happening, and is it occurring on multiple characters?

If you've not done so, you should run a repair and see if it helps.

Use the Repair option to download missing files:
    1. Start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher.
    2. Click on Game Option on top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    3. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    4. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    Zone music now carries into the loading screen when I switch characters now as well.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Niliu

When did this first start happening, and is it occurring on multiple characters?

If you've not done so, you should run a repair and see if it helps.

Use the Repair option to download missing files:
    1. Start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher.
    2. Click on Game Option on top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    3. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    4. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Only started happening after the patch yesterday.
  • ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Niliu

We've checked the issue internally and on the LIVE client, and music is behaving as we would expect it to.

That said, there have been known issues with various audio related things and new patches, so as @ZOS_BillE mentioned, allowing the patcher to fully patch / repatch the game may fix the issue for you.

However if that doesn't work, if you can get some video footage (ideally with only ESO game sounds active) we'd gladly take a deeper look to see what we can see. :)
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on May 23, 2018 2:56PM
    Casey Coffman
    Audio / Voiceover Lead Analyst - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, and it's pretty loud
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue. The music is great, though, so i'm not that upset.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    One similar issue I noticed is that if I’m standing next to a bard and eventually time out from inactivity, the bard will still be singing in the background on the login screen even as the login music plays.
    Edited by Alarra on May 23, 2018 6:48PM
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swap toons a few times. Upon first login the music stops, but logging out to login screen and picking another toon a few times causes this to happen.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, launching from steam has the music play for a couple seconds before getting cut off by the Bethesda title screen -swoosh-.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Every time I log in with a different character the new theme tune continues to play until its end and the volume is much louder than the in-game audio at 100%. You can't hear any NPC dialogue while the them tune plays.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Every time I log in with a different character the new theme tune continues to play until its end and the volume is much louder than the in-game audio at 100%. You can't hear any NPC dialogue while the them tune plays.

This.
    Update - PC EU - 2018-05-26 Just changed character and then completed a round of research (Marbruk) with the login music playing VERY loud - popped into the bank, back upto to crafting station area and the login music was still playing VERY loud as I logged out.
    Edited by Ragnork on May 26, 2018 2:55PM
  • TheAxrat
    TheAxrat
    ✭✭
    Hey @Niliu

We've checked the issue internally and on the LIVE client, and music is behaving as we would expect it to.

That said, there have been known issues with various audio related things and new patches, so as @ZOS_BillE mentioned, allowing the patcher to fully patch / repatch the game may fix the issue for you.

However if that doesn't work, if you can get some video footage (ideally with only ESO game sounds active) we'd gladly take a deeper look to see what we can see. :)

@ZOS_CaseyCoffman not sure if you're still looking for a video on this, but I got one just in case. Seems like the issue is going both ways; ambient audio followed me into the character select screen and the character select screen music followed me back into game.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap happened to me too once.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and my friend are having the same issue.
    Restarting the game helps.
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise, I also experienced this. As some have mentioned, it seems to trigger from switching characters most commonly. Also, at one point I was disconnected during a Cloudrest run, and when I logged back in to the Cloudrest instance, my music remained as the login music (and was also noticeably louder than my settings allowed for).
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheAxrat wrote: »

@ZOS_CaseyCoffman not sure if you're still looking for a video on this, but I got one just in case. Seems like the issue is going both ways; ambient audio followed me into the character select screen and the character select screen music followed me back into game.

Same for me...it goes both ways. It is not consistent, though; doesn’t happen all the time. I’ve noticed it particularly when signing in several alts in a row to do crafting writs. I have wondered if it happens more in some regions of the game than in others (I.e, I haven’t noticed it as much in Vivec City as in Alinor), but I haven’t conducted any rigorous testing.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on June 3, 2018 4:01AM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this might help...
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiDjmxp3hCPGg_hvfudO2y8bnYYmHA
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_CaseyCoffman Sorry, I was out of town for a few days, I'm running the repair ATM, I'll see what that does. If it's still an issue afterwards I'll record what I'm seeing.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_CaseyCoffman sadly running the repair had no effect, apparently my game files were perfectly intact as it didn't need to download anything, so hooray for that at least :)

As far as video goes, the other 2 in this thread sum it up pretty well.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #snip
    Edited by Ragnork on May 29, 2018 4:28PM
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭
    I do crafting writs daily on 16 chars across 2 accounts.
    The first character login the music works fine, summerset music plays on the Char select screen, and it switches to the location music once that character has logged in. It's when you logout, and log in on another char that the music won't switch. If I logout on that first character while the music is in the middle of the piece, it will continue to play until the piece ends. Once it has ended, the Summerset login music will play. If you log in on another character while the Summerset music is playing, it will continue to play in game until it reaches the end of the piece, and then the appropriate background music will play.

I didn't mind it much at first, cause I enjoyed the summerset music, but after 2 weeks of it blaring in my ears every day while doing writs, it's starting to get annoying. It is a lot louder than the normal music settings.
  • BeeGnu
    BeeGnu
    ✭✭
    I don't have much more to add other than I'm also getting the continuous (very loud) loading music as I log in and out on characters to do writs. It doesn't break throughout each load and continues into the game. (PC/EU)
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @GaelicCat summed it up pretty well. It's no longer happening on first character load, which is great! But when switching characters for writs and whatnot, it is a real PITA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has experienced this many times while the apprentices complete their crafting tasks.

While this one loves the music she now must place an old sock in each ear as it is quite loud.

Yours with paws
    Samtie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the notes about it today :(
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    I've started having this problem after today's patch :/

https://youtu.be/niW8CqoiMXM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st alt - no issue
    2nd alt - login music carries over - feed horse, take daily crafting letters, logout
    3rd alt - login music from 2nd alt is still playing uninterrupted - feed horse, take daily crafting letters, logout
    4th alt - ....
    5th alt - login music from 4th alt is still playing uninterrupted - feed horse, take daily crafting letters - need to do a round of writs to make some money; blacksmiths, clothing, woodwork, alchemy, "the one with runes", food stuff, place in chest, take rewards, goto bank and deposit money in guild, go back to "start" logout - LOGIN MUSIC PLAYED THE WHOLE TIME AT THIS VOLUME ......
    6th alt - .... .need I go on???
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening here too. Would be great to at least hear that it's being looked into as it is *really* annoyingly loud :s
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    Bueller? Bueller? Any update here?