The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moved

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:49PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:50PM
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regretful that I made the purchase
    I answered more about crown items in general rather than just the time limited homes.

The only time limited home I bought was the excorsized coven cottage, with gold, not crowns. I have avoided the others because I am not fond of giant homes only being available for four days (not all of us have money just lying around for a random time off-week from payday), the prices are too high for the product in my opinion, and the gigantic houses have such a low item limit that filling it to make it look nice is near impossible. The next size down (600 item limit) seems more reasonable, but they rarely make crown houses of a size other than freakin HUGE.

I have regretted NOT buying time limited homes though, about a week after I first took a look at them. "Hmm, I think I do want it after all..." Four days simply isn't enough time to decide to drop that amount of crowns on something. I need to think about it for a while. If the time limit were 30 days, I'd probably have most of them.

I do regret purchasing other time limited items: 3500 crown mounts, 1500 crown pets. It seems like a rip off, and it feels like I am being forced into deciding to buy in a short period of time. I've avoided recent time limited crown items of that nature.

I'll admit, I'm a whale. Almost my entire entertainment budget goes into this game, or has done so in the past. Time limited items and RNG exclusive unbuyable items are killing it for me though. Generally, if I like it, I'll buy it... but not if it is a blatant rip off or I am left feeling otherwise cheated.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I've never purchased one, and will not do so until item cap is raised. I refuse to pay extortionate prices for an in game home that I cannot even adequately decorate.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I checked out the last limited edition castle a week or so ago and thought to myself why on earth would i need something that large...
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I bought and decorated Autumns Gate with gold to see if I would actually use a house. But, I only go there for my storage chests. So, no further home purchases for me, crown or otherwise. Armor stands, pathed NPCs (people, pets, and critters), an all-in-one a way to use attuneable stations without covering the whole house with a pazillion of them, beds you can sleep in with a rested bonus, a way to draw and turn in crafting writs...

I've been spoiled by housing in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. In ESO, there's still very little reason to go to a house that seems dead and empty.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If I still had income I -might- have shelled out for one of the big estates. And probably would have felt very pleased to own it and then discovered that a) I couldn't decorate it fully given the cap and b) I don't actually have the time to properly decorate, as witnessed by how long it's been since I bought Twin Arches and have yet to arrange the furniture to my desired plan. And c) then another one I liked more would have been produced. And then I would have regretted the expense.

I do love Dawnlight, but more the idea of it than the practical burden of owning it. I think Alinor Townhouse is as splurgey as I'm going to get house wise.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Other.

I have never bought one of these cash-grab houses and I never will. I refuse to feed their greed more than I already have.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Only done it once, for Tel Galen. It still my primary and I haven't seen anything else I like better. This is why I am happy with my purchase.

Personally I do like having uncommon things. I don't play meta, that's a personal thing though. Just works out that my favorite home is also uncommon.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on May 25, 2018 3:29AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know I would feel this way personally so that's why i don't. I always feel that way with overpriced goods. I don't need stuff only on sale/cheap obvious. But I like enough value for money.
    Edited by Orticia on May 25, 2018 2:35PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I feel shame for buying into the scheme, and also sadness that I didn't fully have time to compare value. It's even worse when I find out about something I dislike about the home only after I bought it, or when they come out with a new, ever so slightly better house next.

It's also annoying not knowing what is limited time and what isn't. I wouldn't mind as much if there was consistency, like if every notable home other than the first three was limited, but right now it just seems to be however the marketing department feels that day.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I got the Exercise witch cottage for gold, which I use as a storage home for excess furniture. I picked up the Dawnlight Palace, and am turing it into a sort of guild hall.

I should point out also, that thanks to last year's big sale, the cost to me was $50-60. I know that's the cost of a full AAA game, but I've stopped playing other games. I don't think I've even checked out a Steam sale in a year, maybe two. So that my gaming budget, I using it to share with others who make this game enjoyable for me, and overall I'm happy with the purchase. It is a really nice house. That said, there is still an uneasiness in the back of my mind. If I'm able to expand it with attunable craft stations, and get over a year's use out of it for me and my guild(s), I think it will have been worth it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    I don't buy anything that doesn't make me glad.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (meant to vote other)

I will never buy a limited time item like that, especially at the prices they are listed for. ZOS knows what they are doing.. The amount of times they've put things on the crown store for a couple days or a week is nuts.

"Guys look! It's really cool, and if you don't buy it RIGHT NOW, it's gone! Gone!!! Don't you want it? We know you do!!!"
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel elated. Mainly because:

1.) I refuse to buy any house locked behind a time limit.

2.) ESO is absolutely, positively nuts with what they charge for housing.

As a massive housing owner in every MMO I have played over the last 15 years, ESO is the ONLY MMO I have never purchased a house in.

+100 to ZoS for messing up a staple in most MMOs. I think the only thing that tops it is $15 outfit slots that every other MMO sells for less than a dollar.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Bought Exorcised Coven Cottage with gold, quite pleased with this one. I never considered to buy houses with Crowns, though, and I'm not interested in most of the limited time offers as well.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    I have Erstwhile limited "home", only limited or crown only home I have, but I love it, and I am very happy to have it.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't think houses should be limited-time, and as long as they are I won't buy any.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I bought the pinnacle. It was a let down. Way too big to decorate.

On the other hand i really like my excorsised cottage coven.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only buy things that I want, and can afford. Why would I regret it?

Other people go out and drink their money away/splurge on shoes/eat out at fancy restaurants/whatever. I sometimes spend money on pixel stuff.
  • MrKit
    MrKit
    ✭✭✭
    I got one place, put a bed in it, and then tried to sleep in the bed but could not. I was only happy the bed was no longer in my inventory. I have never been back to the place, nor do I think I could even find it.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Given that there is no actual scarcity, I typically refuse to purchase limited items as I do not want to support this marketing tactic.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I don’t feel because I have no soul.
  • Andauril
    Andauril
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    The only limited time home purchase I made was the Tel Galen Tower and I didn't regret it because I love those Telvanni mushroom towers and the price was reasonable to me (I expected it to cost at least 2000 more crowns, so I was pleasantly surprised).
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    I thought I could get used to the pustule-esqe appearance of Tel Galen over time.

I was wrong.

Real Telvanni style tower please!

Yes, I have the same problem. Too expensive also, for my taste.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't regret buying houses that I like, but artificial scarcity annoys me as a concept, so...

(Exception: Limited-time event houses are okay in my books, since they're thematically appropriate and they return annually on a fairly predictable schedule.)
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on June 5, 2018 9:37PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Linchal Grand Manor (September 14-18, 2017): 14,000 / 17,500 crowns

My Linchal Grand Manor servers as a Guild Hall for both Absolute Virtue and Absolute Vice.

I had to have a trusted friend log onto my ESO account to purchase the furnished Linchal Grand Manor for me because Hurricane Irma struck my area just days before the Linchal Grand Manor went on sale. 94% of Collier County, FL was without power. My wooden-frame house in Naples, Florida was without internet, electricity, and running water for almost 2 months, but at least I didn't miss out on my special granite/concrete Linchal Grand Manor digital pixels! And, to be fair, both had pools.

Nature's a b****.

Fun fact #1: The Dark-Mage, Ebonheart Pact Dark Elf Sorcerer and Former-Emperor, was dethroned by Hurricane Irma.
    Fun fact #2: Hurricane Irma was the top Google searched term in the US and globally in 2017.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm happy with what I do have. I do want to get the Sea-Cove when it comes out although I'm fairly concerned I will be out of town when it releases and therefore not able to buy it. Their loss I guess. The limited time sale of this type of content is not very helpful. What happened to the concierge? I tried to message them and it seems they no longer function?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>