The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Essential Housing Tools - Official To Do List

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
This thread will serve as the official forum thread for my Developer To Do list for the Essential Housing Tools add-on.

The community has made so many great suggestions and helped me find, fix and verify a number of issues across all of my housing-related add-ons, so this thread will help us all keep track of what's upcoming and what has been done/fixed and delivered for Essential Housing Tools specifically. Please don't hesitate to submit your Suggestions, Comments, Issues or Questions on this thread! <3

*** UPCOMING ITEMS ***
  • (REQ 004) Add a [ Remove Selection from Scene ] button.
  • (REQ 005) [PARTIAL COMPLETION] Merge Immaculate Construction into Essential Housing Tools. (as of v 2.9.0)
  • (REQ 006) Merge Furniture Snap into Essential Housing Tools.
  • (REQ 014) Add a Build Template for a tapered, minaret-style tower.
  • (REQ 018) Add parameters for creating ovals to the Build tab’s Circle template.

*** COMPLETED ITEMS ***
  • (REQ 017) On the add-on window's bottom editing panel, add a Drag Items option to "drag" all selected items in the direction that you move your character. (v 3.1.0)
  • (REQ 016) On the add-on window's bottom editing panel, add a Relative Directional Pad as an alternative to the current North/South/East/West Directional Pad. (v 3.1.0)
  • (REQ 015) Add a Setting that forces the add-on to automatically wipe the current Selection at login and reload of the user interface. (v 2.9.9)
  • (REQ 012) Add a [ Export/Import Clipboard ] button to allow players to share their creations with their friends -- share a room, or share a whole house configuration! (v 2.9.7)
  • (REQ 011) Add a [ Paste from Saved Selection ] button to facilitate cloning a Saved Selection's items and layout into any house. **Implemented in the form of the [ Copy From... ] button. (v 2.9.3)
  • (REQ 010) Change Saved Selections to be global rather than specific to a particular house. **Implemented in the form of the [ Copy From... ] button. (v 2.9.3)
  • (REQ 013) Add the ability to Paste or Fix missing selection/scene items from the Bank and from House Storage Boxes. (v 2.9.2)
  • (REQ 009) Add a [ Select All ] button to facilitate easier saving/backing up of an entire house. (v 2.9.1)
  • (REQ 008) Add ability to Summon/Dismiss Banker/Merchant via the standard Quickslot wheel. (v 2.9.0)
  • (REQ 007) Suppress repeat displays of the "Oops I Did It Again" add-on retired message. (v 2.9.0)
  • (REQ 005) [PARTIAL COMPLETION] Merge Immaculate Construction into Essential Housing Tools. (v 2.9.0)
  • (REQ 003) Ability to Add items to an Animation Scene. (v 2.2.2)
  • (REQ 002) Drag-and-Drop adjusts all selected items based on dragged item's Pitch, Yaw and Roll. (v 2.2.1)
  • (DEF 001) Essential Housing Tools window opens on its own upon login or zoning. (v 2.2.1)
  • (REQ 001) Merge Oops I Did It Again into Essential Housing Tools. (v 2.0.1)
Edited by R_K on July 14, 2018 9:42PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said before, this addon makes other housing addons obsolete. Good work cardinal and I cant imagine building without precision with placements.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    As I said before, this addon makes other housing addons obsolete. Good work cardinal and I cant imagine building without precision with placements.

@Aliyavana <3
  • Daileth
    Daileth
    ✭✭
    Definitely amazing. Undo/Redo so useful, Copy/Paste a huge time saver, Animator super fun. So glad to have this toolkit and looking forward to seeing what else you put together.

I meant to mention this the other day:

REQ 004 reminded me. So I was wondering if once IC is merged, would there be a way to initiate IC from a selected group rather than pull from inventory?

Would be useful in a number of ways, select contiguous for example, and then build from.

Would also allow functionality for decorator permission.

As always, great job :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daileth wrote: »
    Definitely amazing. Undo/Redo so useful, Copy/Paste a huge time saver, Animator super fun. So glad to have this toolkit and looking forward to seeing what else you put together.

I meant to mention this the other day:

REQ 004 reminded me. So I was wondering if once IC is merged, would there be a way to initiate IC from a selected group rather than pull from inventory?

Would be useful in a number of ways, select contiguous for example, and then build from.

Would also allow functionality for decorator permission.

As always, great job :)

@Daileth Thank you so much!

To answer your question -- yes, the upcoming "Build" tab (Immaculate Construction) will integrate fully with the rest of Essential Housing Tools, including the ability to construct using your currently selected items.

Also, in the meantime, Immaculate Construction has a keybind, "Add Targeted Furniture Stack", that you can configure under Controls > Housing Editor > Immaculate Construction that allows you to do just that -- construct using a pile of any item type that has already been placed in the home. Just enter House Editor mode, target the stack, and hit whatever key you set up. Immaculate will pick up the whole stack and let you construct with it. :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up -- 2.9.0 is now available and includes several of the requested items on our list. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you run into any issues! <3
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Just a heads up -- 2.9.0 is now available and includes several of the requested items on our list. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you run into any issues! <3

Can you make a update that tells you if a crown store housing item is obtainable ingame or if its crown only? also adding the ability to link it at minimum would be helpful so we can find out when asking guildies
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Request(s):
    • (REQ 009) Ability to save/load entire housing layouts (+Collectibles, if possible)
    • (REQ 010) Ability to save/load furnishing groups globally, instead of on a per-house basis
    • (REQ 011) Ability to export/import saved furnishing groups to other players via some sort of text string (see "visit-cards" from port-to-friend's house addon)
    • (REQ 012) Ability to remove previously placed Groups after loading/placing subsequent groups
      e.g. Load Group 1, place it, load group 2, place it. Reload Group 1, pick it up. (not sure if this feature works already)
    • (REQ 013) Ability to use EHT with items available from the Housing UI, instead of from inventory only
    As always good sir, you are the Steely-eyed Missile Man! :smiley:
    Edited by OmniDo on May 25, 2018 6:50PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @OmniDo ! :smiley: I have included my responses inline with your items... =P

(REQ 009) Ability to save/load entire housing layouts (+Collectibles, if possible)
    You can save your entire selection of items -- including your entire house if you select everything in it -- by using the
    [ Load / Save Selection ]
    button. Name your selection and save it. Then, using the same Load / Save feature, you can later load that selection back up as your current selection. This would allow you to continue making any edits on those items that you may need to make.

Additionally, you can also check the
    [X] Restore items to their saved positions and orientations
    checkbox when loading a saved selection. If checked, the items selected in the saved selection will also be moved back to wherever they were when you last saved the selection. This can be useful for restoring an entire group of furniture, an entire room or even an entire house back to a particular state -- such as in the case of making a backup.

jfjNijl.jpg

(REQ 010) Ability to save/load furnishing groups globally, instead of on a per-house basis
    As it stands today, you can use the
    [ Cut ] or [ Copy ]
    buttons to copy the selected items onto the add-on's virtual "clipboard."
    Once copied to the clipboard, you can then use the
    [ Paste ]
    button to paste an exact clone of the selected items into either the same house or a different house. (Duplicates of the selected items must be in your inventory to complete the Paste.)

With that said, I do want to add a
    [ Paste from Saved Selection ]
    type of button/feature to allow you to more readily clone an entire saved selection's worth of items into any home.
    To do this, I will either need to make all of your Saved Selections global rather than isolated to the originating home or perhaps present the player with a Dropdown of their Homes, followed by a dependent Dropdown of the Saved Selections for a given home.
    Other than a potentially larger list of Saved Selections to scroll through, the only other problem that I can think of is the case of loading / pasting one house's saved selection into a different home given that the coordinates will not be the same; but this should be easily overcome with some explanatory message, etc.

Qacplr8.jpg

(REQ 011) Ability to export/import saved furnishing groups to other players via some sort of text string (see "visit-cards" from port-to-friend's house addon)
    Love this!

(REQ 012) Ability to remove previously placed Groups after loading/placing subsequent groups
    e.g. Load Group 1, place it, load group 2, place it. Reload Group 1, pick it up. (not sure if this feature works already)

Sure does! :) See REQ 0009.

(REQ 013) Ability to use EHT with items available from the Housing UI, instead of from inventory only
    I just need some clarification on this one: By "inventory," do you mean placed items, and by "Housing UI," do you mean the Place tab of the Place/Purchase/Retrieve/Settings dialog window?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDo Just a heads up, REQ 009-012 have been added; just get back to me regarding 013 and I'll take a look. :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDo
    Requests # 009, 010, 011 and 013 have been delivered as of v 2.9.3.
    Please let me know if you have any questions! :smiley:
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDo
    Requests # 009, 010, 011 and 013 have been delivered as of v 2.9.3.
    Please let me know if you have any questions! :smiley:
    You sir, are the Steely-eyed missile man!
    *runs off to test!* :smiley:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDo <3 As always -- thank you so much for your feedback and your help with, well, everything! :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Demonstration
    Building a Multi-Level Structure with Essential Housing Tools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOSMW_aztg&amp;index=13&amp;list=PLxkqemlv6asgx0Eo7SB7c5uDM38XjL_gm

Steps:
    1. Open Essential Housing Tools (press the key you assigned for "Show Selection Window").
    2. Select your stack of structural furnishings (set your "Select Mode" to "Contiguous (Same as Target)", target the stack, and press the key you assigned for "Select / Deselect").
    3. Click on the "Build" tab.
    4. Click the "Reset" button.
    5. Select the "Cube" Template.
    6. Enter how many items long (Length), wide (Width) and high (Height) you want your structure to be.
    7. Adjust your ceiling height (Item Height) -- this is usually several meters (i.e. 4.00 for 4 meter (~13 ft) high ceilings).
    8. Move and rotate the entire structure into place using the directional pads (East/North/Up/Clockwise/etc).
    9. Enjoy! <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update on the latest release ...

Version 2.9.7 adds a new Clipboard tab from which you can view your virtual Clipboard's contents -- the items that are temporarily "saved" whenever you use the Copy and Copy From... functions on the Select tab.

From the Clipboard tab you can now also Import and Export the Clipboard, allowing you to share your creations with your friends -- or even with everyone on the forums (hint, hint). :wink:

Just select your fancy table setting, living room arrangement, or even your entire house. Then click "Copy," click on the "Clipboard" tab and click "Import / Export." Highlight and Copy the text from the "Clipboard Export" box (using CTRL+C or CMD+C).

You can now paste that text anywhere it fits* -- in a whisper, in an email, in a forum post -- and other players can Import that setup and Paste it into their own homes.** :smile:

f3ZljFh.jpg

* Clipboard Export size is dependent upon the number of items in your Clipboard.
    ** Players that Import your Clipboard must have all of the items used in your Clipboard's item list -- items may be in their Inventory, Bank or House Storage Boxes.

Also, a huge shout out to @OmniDo for this feature suggestion. <3
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this when it comes to things like placing books on shelves?

I have a lot of books in my house and getting them all lined up on various shelves has been proving to be a nightmare.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »

I have a lot of books in my house and getting them all lined up on various shelves has been proving to be a nightmare.

He actually has one of his how-to videos for exactly that, walks you through setting them into the shelves and arranging them.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update on the latest release ...
    You can now paste that text anywhere it fits* -- in a whisper, in an email, in a forum post -- and other players can Import that setup and Paste it into their own homes.** :smile:
    f3ZljFh.jpg
    Also, a huge shout out to @OmniDo for this feature suggestion. <3
    You Sir, are the Steely-eyed Missile Man! :smiley:
    *runs off to test*

• Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    I feel silly, as the very day before he puts this out I had done some fiddling around and taken a screenshot so I'd not forget my settings :|
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brigda
    I'm sorry if you didn't catch my video on backing up and restoring an entire house using Essential Housing Tools. If that's what you needed, I would suggest checking this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrFkTI9L4uQ

I hope this helps! :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@M_Volsung
    Hi there. I put together an updated video on how to do this using Essential Housing Tools. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyJXecOwgE&amp;list=PLxkqemlv6asgx0Eo7SB7c5uDM38XjL_gm&amp;index=14
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you can put a timer on inactivity for furniture grping? sometimes after like 10 mins I forget that I havnt ungrpd furniture. Also wiping furniture grps upon logout would be amazing for people who are forgetful like me
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

Actually, it's funny that you mentioned that. A few version ago, I actually added a warning message that would show if you tried to move any item that was part of your current selection while the add-on's window is closed. Basically, I wanted to remind the player that they may be dragging-and-dropping a whole group of furniture -- just in case they forgot about the selected items and really didn't mean to move them all at once.

But sure, I can put in a Settings Panel option to allow the player to choose whether they want the current Selection wiped at Login/Reload of the UI.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana

Update: Added a new setting, "Volatile Selection," that will automatically clear your current item selections at the time of login when enabled. (v 2.9.9)
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@M_Volsung
    Hi there. I put together an updated video on how to do this using Essential Housing Tools. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyJXecOwgE&amp;list=PLxkqemlv6asgx0Eo7SB7c5uDM38XjL_gm&amp;index=14

Awesome, thanks.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭

WHOOP! I installed all of your stuff, and I've still not figured that window out yet. Will have to watch this and poke around when I get home.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brigda wrote: »
    WHOOP! I installed all of your stuff, and I've still not figured that window out yet. Will have to watch this and poke around when I get home.

@Brigda Don't feel bad -- the Build tab is definitely the more complex one. It will serve as my replacement for my Immaculate Construction add-on (which is even more complex). I tried to make this interface more user-friendly; but, I still also plan to go back and add explanations (in the form of tool tips) for every single field in the Build Tab to help explain how it all works.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 3.0.0 is now available for download from Minion and ESOUI ...

- Added three new Build Templates:

* Cylinder
    * Rectangle
    * Spiral

- Added a new Animation Scene "Record" button. Click it to begin record; click Stop when you have finished... Each change that you make to any of the Scene's items will be captured as a new Frame. This feature should make it significantly easier now to record many different types of shots -- Your feedback is welcome!

- Added three new Add-on Settings to allow you to choose an optional "override" for the Select Mode using the ALT, CTRL and SHIFT keys. For example, you could set up the CTRL key so that, when pressed while using the Group Select function, the Select Mode will always be "Contiguous (Same As Target)".

- Reorganized the Add-on Settings panel.

- Addressed several bugs related to Animation Scene data storage.
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    So I presume when you are all done with the current merging, we will all only need the one AddOn for all of the magic to happen?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brigda wrote: »
    So I presume when you are all done with the current merging, we will all only need the one AddOn for all of the magic to happen?

@Brigda That is correct. :smile: I do have plans [even further out] to also incorporate Furniture Snap into Essential Housing Tools as well. As for Let There Be Light and Magic Carpet, those will likely remain separate for the time being. :wink:
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    Can I make a dumb request?

I LOVE Let Their Be Light. But I was thinking for the RP effect of it, would it be possible to add an on/off toggle?

You could add all of the lights you want added, can walk into your house and use a hotkey to turn all the lights on or off?

Like magic, POOF, all the braziers light/snuff.

I think right now it's just set to toggle everything to the state it was in when it was registered, right?

Unless I missed something.