Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major BUG [ Werewolf ] Sword and Shield weapons + Physical Weapon Expert CP

RouDeR
RouDeR
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT 2 PHysical Weapon Expert CP is causing the damage diference in light attacks while using Sword and Shield ,

Some of the attacks benefit from the CP tree and the others DOES NOT !!!

The testing setup is 2x Chudan , 5x Impreg, 5x Shackle , 5 heavy 1 light 1 medium ,
https://youtu.be/g3YYqUW8MHo
Edited by RouDeR on May 19, 2018 9:47PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some quick testing and can tell you that it doesn't happen on a new character, naked with only 64 attributes in Stamina.

I can also say it doesn't happen due to Werewolf passives or Dual Wield passives.

This is likely some kind of interaction with some passive or buff somewhere else.

You should try it naked and see if it still occurs.
    Edited by danno8 on May 19, 2018 1:41PM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Did some quick testing and can tell you that it doesn't happen on a new character, naked with only 64 attributes in Stamina.

I can also say it doesn't happen due to Werewolf passives or Dual Wield passives.

This is likely some kind of interaction with some passive or buff somewhere else.

You should try it naked and see if it still occurs.

I tried it with other mundus stones , and i dont have any buffs active , so it is probably Gear related . I dont have Any skill points put in to the weapon passives.
    The char is Orc Stamsorc but i dont think this is causing the issue , its more like the Shacklebreaker set to be bugged .
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I FOUND IT , its the One hand and shield that are cousing the BUG !

When naked no issues with damage at all ,
    When using 2hnd - no problem
    Using Dual Wield - no problem

Sword and board = BUggy dmg output highly inconsistent

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

Can't replicate on my end. Tried with and without 1H+S passives using only Agility 1H+S as the only set bonus.

No CP, no passives in any skill line except 1H+S and Werewolf.

Breton, but no passives in Breton.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't replicate on my end. Tried with and without 1H+S passives using only Agility 1H+S as the only set bonus.

No CP, no passives in any skill line except 1H+S and Werewolf.

Breton, but no passives in Breton.

When i get back home i will try without CP .
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that.

I have no idea what causes it.

I think it's because it calculates the damage for each attack based on which hand that swings.

So your "shield" hand, calculates with lower weapon damage, while your "weapon" hand attacks with the higher value.

See if the lower damage ever procs your main hand enchantment or not.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 20, 2018 1:38PM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PHysical Weapon Expert CP is causing the damage diference in light attacks while using Sword and Shield ,

Half of the attacks benefit from the CP tree and the other half DOES NOT !!!

Edit : added a new video on the first post , that is showing EXACLY what is wrong
    Edited by RouDeR on May 19, 2018 9:11PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PHysical Weapon Expert CP is causing the damage diference in light attacks while using Sword and Shield ,

Edit : added a new video on the first post , that is showing EXACLY what is wrong

Great job nailing it down.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, mind passing this along to the dev team?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job nailing it down.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, mind passing this along to the dev team?

I second the notion, the direct damage dealt from a werewolves light attack did not increase with the CP increase to physical weapons expert. (I can only assume that the transition to Werewolf form has something to do with it.)

In my personal opinion, some of the CP trees should outline the "direct" affiliation with werewolves/vampires contextually in certain particular areas of the Champion system. (I already know that a werewolves Light/Heavy attack damage can be increased with Master at arms.)

I can definitely say that, if it isn't already, most of a werewolfs prowess should also be based on the Equipped weapons at the time of transformation & allow said weapon passive to still provide the bonuses. (Such as ignoring 20% of an enemies physical resistance with dual maces via twin blade & blunt as one such example.)
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is still NOT FIXED IN Wolf Hunter DFC
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UP, Still present in Murkmire PTS
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When this gets fixed it might be nice if they updated the tooltip on the star to include werewolf light attacks.

So many feral wolves I've come across aren't utilizing this CP because they don't think that it helps their puppy power.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    Have they solved that problem yet?
    The one who hates.

• Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Hati wrote: »
    Have they solved that problem yet?

At least the description says that it works for werewolves. Haven't tested it though.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug is still present
    20/02/2019

Werewolfs using One Hand and shield are not affected by the bomus from Physical Weapon Expert champion points.
  • Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    Really sad, hope they fix it soon
    The one who hates.

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a huge problem tbh and werewolf isn’t a huge deal. It’s likely this will never get fixed.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not a huge problem tbh and werewolf isn’t a huge deal. It’s likely this will never get fixed.

Group finder is a huge deal and look how it is getting fixed. It is not.
    Don't expect werewolf tweaks anytime soon.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug is still present
    20/02/2019

Werewolfs using One Hand and shield are not affected by the bomus from Physical Weapon Expert champion points.

This explains why my latest setup hits like a wet noodle :pensive:
  • Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe someone can make a new video about it? this bug compromised a lot of ww pvp build, if they at least acknowledge this...
    The one who hates.

• Hati
    Hati
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno , Hi sorry for inconvenience, but read that Monday you guys will be implementing a patch to fix bugs, can this be on the list as well?
    The one who hates.