The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Summerset Physical Collectors Edition

IronMP5
IronMP5
Soul Shriven
I have a simple question... Can I play Summerset on the day of launch even though I purchased/preordered the Physical CE (the one with the statue of Mephala)? I keep hearing people say that last time a chapter was released with a physical CE (Morrowind), the Devs let people who purchased it play on launch with a code that would last about a week or something along those lines. Does anyone have any confirmation if this is going to be happening with Summerset as well?
"Where am I...?"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that was the original launch, not Morrowind's.

EDIT: If you got a preorder code for the Nightmare Senche, I would assume that would let you in to early access as well.
    Edited by starkerealm on May 19, 2018 1:00AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina said they're working on a solution and will update soon .
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I fear the same a little. Mine hasn't even shipped yet, so there is no way its coming before Monday.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    who orders a CD in 2018 that's the better question
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine should be delivered on Monday, just don't know what time. And yes Gina did state in another thread they are looking into something for those who bought the physical collectors edition.
    Edited by ManwithBeard9 on May 19, 2018 1:14AM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the way they did it for Morrowind was fine. Font understand why they couldn't dontge same thing for Summerset. Show a receipt for your preorder of it and they apply an early release code to your account. Then when you get it you have a window of time to enter the code you receive with it to keep it.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »

1. physical editions don't come with CD's unless they are for consoles nowadays, you get a download code.
    2. people order collectors editions which is what CE stands for - for physical goodies. Op even mentions specific ones in their post. the statue and the book.

you don't get physical goodies to put on your shelf if you order digital. if you have to ask, why someone might want physical goodies, you are not a target audience.

last but not least... some people do actualy like their games in physical form for variety of reasons. its their choice and you don't have to understand why to accept that someone might chose differently from you.

on topic. Gina said something about working on a solution for physical edition buyers, but so far we haven't heard anything more that i know of, just that they are working on something :/

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    you don't get physical goodies to put on your shelf if you order digital. if you have to ask, why someone might want physical goodies, you are not a target audience.

When Skynet takes over, people are going to wish they bought the physical goodies :D
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 19, 2018 5:23AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about the people who are going to get the CE delivered to them before Monday? Any benefit to that?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

When Skynet takes over, people are going to wish they bought the physical goodies :D

if skynet takes over, physical video game goodies will be the last thing for people to worry about.

there are also no benefits to getting your game early anymore than there are benefits to preordering digital. aside from getting your cat mount a day early maybe? summerset gets added to the game on set day.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered mine in March. Amazon says I am not going to get my copy until May 29. It hasnt even shipped yet. Early access starts on the 21st.

I dont understand how we were able to establish early access eligibilty with a screen shot of proof of puirchase with Morrowind but we could not just do the same for Summerset? I even had my physical copy by the time early access started IIRC.

There was a system that worked before, why do we have to reinvent the wheel. Seriously, NO ONE thought of this??!!

Those of us that bought the Physical CE chose to pay for the most expensive option of Summerset and we cant access it because we didnt buy it digitally, even though we are supposed to get early access if we preordered..........that is absurd
    Edited by Katahdin on May 19, 2018 3:29PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First world problems...not getting my game in time for launch :)

Remember when the only option was CDs in a box ?
    How many preordered their CD's and then showed up at GameStop at 11:30pm so they could have their box at midnight ?
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last year you just sent a email with proof you bought it along with a order code or something, the receipt from wherever you got it and they let you in.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year you just sent a email with proof you bought it along with a order code or something, the receipt from wherever you got it and they let you in.

Just did that got my pre order mount and am ready for launch day...I should get the Physical CE that afternoon anyway according to Amazon which hasn't let me down yet.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

if skynet takes over, physical video game goodies will be the last thing for people to worry about.

there are also no benefits to getting your game early anymore than there are benefits to preordering digital. aside from getting your cat mount a day early maybe? summerset gets added to the game on set day.

But physical goodies will be comfort items when Skynet takes over :D
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since its the weekend. Guess none of us that preordered the physical version will get to play on Monday
    Beta tester November 2013
  • IronMP5
    IronMP5
    Soul Shriven
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Well since its the weekend. Guess none of us that preordered the physical version will get to play on Monday

I have hope that the Devs will pull a last minute thing and say that we can do the whole "send us you receipt and we will give you a code" thing. Like you said "why reinvent the wheel?" Maybe a Dev will realize that if it worked before, why not do it again?
    "Where am I...?"
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IronMP5 wrote: »

I have hope that the Devs will pull a last minute thing and say that we can do the whole "send us you receipt and we will give you a code" thing. Like you said "why reinvent the wheel?" Maybe a Dev will realize that if it worked before, why not do it again?

There are a few posts of people who did this even though it wasn't advertised, and they are all set for launch day. Have you tried it?
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preordered mine off Amazon and it's just shipped. Love prime.
  • IronMP5
    IronMP5
    Soul Shriven

There are a few posts of people who did this even though it wasn't advertised, and they are all set for launch day. Have you tried it?

I have not tried it because I'm not sure who or what to contact. What email should I use?
    "Where am I...?"
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not looking good for me, still no shipping conformation from Amazon
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have not tried it because I'm not sure who or what to contact. What email should I use?

You just submit a support ticket on the ESO website and then attach your order receipt.
  • IronMP5
    IronMP5
    Soul Shriven

You just submit a support ticket on the ESO website and then attach your order receipt.

snnle0rf1i33.png

So.... yea, I'm gonna cancel my order for the physical CE and get the regular digital upgrade, it's unacceptable that I get to miss the first week of Summerset with my friends. Some of you might be thinking "It's just 8 to 10 days of waiting, can't you just be patient?" I dont want to miss the magic of exploring a new chapter for the first time with my friends, FRIENDS<-- if this was a single player game, I would not care, I would gladly wait like I have in the past when buying a CE of other single player games. The whole reason I play ESO is because of the co-op aspect of the game. If it wasn't for the great people I have met in game, I would have stopped playing ESO a long time ago. My friends keep me coming back...

"Please keep in mind that we do not have the ability to create a temporary code to gain access to Summerset."

Didn't you guys have that ability last time? What happened? Did you lose that ability? Did you guys forget how to do something you have already successfully done in the past? I'm sorry but... I'm disappointed in you.
    "Where am I...?"
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

snnle0rf1i33.png

So.... yea, I'm gonna cancel my order for the physical CE and get the regular digital upgrade, it's unacceptable that I get to miss the first week of Summerset with my friends. Some of you might be thinking "It's just 8 to 10 days of waiting, can't you just be patient?" I dont want to miss the magic of exploring a new chapter for the first time with my friends, FRIENDS<-- if this was a single player game, I would not care, I would gladly wait like I have in the past when buying a CE of other single player games. The whole reason I play ESO is because of the co-op aspect of the game. If it wasn't for the great people I have met in game, I would have stopped playing ESO a long time ago. My friends keep me coming back...

"Please keep in mind that we do not have the ability to create a temporary code to gain access to Summerset."

Didn't you guys have that ability last time? What happened? Did you lose that ability? Did you guys forget how to do something you have already successfully done in the past? I'm sorry but... I'm disappointed in you.

Thumbs down for how ZOS is handling this.

ThumbsDownEmoji.jpg
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you have not received your Physical Collector's Edition of ESO: Summerset and wish to get into the game, please follow the steps in the help article linked below.

I bought the Physical Collector's Edition of ESO: Summerset, how can I get into the game if I haven't received my box yet?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    I tried filling in the form. It says:
    "To verify your eligibility for “Early Access” we require you to attach an image of your proof of pre-purchase/pre-order. Proof of pre-purchase/pre-order is a receipt, or invoice, showing payment in full for a physical copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector’s Edition for PC/Mac."

On the site of the seller, it says (in dutch, with translation in brackets):

De bijbehorende facturen: (the corresponding invoices:)

Er zijn op dit moment nog geen facturen. Deze worden aangemaakt nadat de artikelen zijn verzonden. (There are currently no invoices yet. These will be made after the articles have been sent.)

On the site, it says the items will be sent on June, 5th. Friday, I received a mail that it has been sent and it should have been delivered at saturday. Nothing yet, though.

I'm confused. What do I need to do to get access?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AEAltadoonPadhome

You should contact your retailer again for another update on your order and to also request an invoice you can use on our form.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »

The majority of gamers
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    Odd, how come some people seem to have their collectors edition and others do not? Whats with the major *** up there?
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.