The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elemental Weapon ~ Questions

Mr_Nobody
Mr_Nobody
✭✭✭✭✭
Hiho ~

Anyone who has tested it in depth? I got my list of questions:

1) does it hit separately of LA or simply adds that damage to it?
2) If it adds damage to LA, can you boost it's damage by Empower or item sets?
~ @Niekas ~

• jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a separate source of damage from the LA itself. E.g., using imbue weapon/morphs and then hitting an enemy with a LA would result in an 8k hit of damage from the LA and a 10k hit of damage from imbue weapon/morphs, not an 18k LA (just sample numbers). Thus the damage from imbue weapon/morphs is not affected by empower or Queen’s Elegance.

Think of it basically like a one time use damaging enchant you apply to your weapon instead of a buff to LA.
  • Caulderone
    Caulderone
    ✭✭
    It is a separate damage entry which is applied alongside the LA.

Empower will only affect the LA damage, not the EW damage.

EW damage is increased like spells (mag, spell dmg, spell crit).
    Edited by Caulderone on May 16, 2018 7:04PM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a ton u 2!
    ~ @Niekas ~

• pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Does it do more damage than crushing shock, or funnel health?
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

also curios about this
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

also curios about this

Slightly more than force pulse, without any racial elemental bonus.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

also curios about this

Considerably
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

also curios about this

Considerably

Basically run Crushing Shock instead of Force Pulse on flex spot for a ranged interrupt (should be running Crushing anyway) and use EW as the spam-able.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also curios about this

Considerably

Not considerably, roughly about the same actually.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so replace force pulse with ele weaps and like master architect on non vma bar or is vma out too?
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone post a clip of their character using that skill on a target, two or three times? I want to see exactly what that skill does, and how its animation works, but the only videos are from dudes burning test dummies and I can't really tell what's happening.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

also curios about this

Considerably

Considerably... The effects it grants you access to outclass it and it's cheaper therefore more effective
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can this be casted in stealth?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

also curios about this

Considerably

Considerably... The effects it grants you access to outclass it and it's cheaper therefore more effective

Regardless of added benefits, the question was plain and simple. Does it do more damage than force pulse, no it does not. It's the same.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone post a clip of their character using that skill on a target, two or three times? I want to see exactly what that skill does, and how its animation works, but the only videos are from dudes burning test dummies and I can't really tell what's happening.

Can’t post a clip rn, but think of it as a weapon enchantment. You enter combat, you hit an enemy with a LA, your enchantment also goes off, so the enemy takes x damage from your LA and y damage from your enchantment. If the enemy dodges your LA, then they dodge the enchantment damage as well. Both sources of damage can crit independent of one another.

If you imbue your weapon with this skill, then hitting an enemy with a light attack within 2 seconds will cause them to take x damage from your LA, y damage from your enchantment (if it’s off cooldown), and z damage from your imbuement. All three sources can crit independently, but if the enemy dodged that initial LA, then the two sources of damage attached to it (your enchantment and imbuement) won’t fire either.

Animation-wise, you take a moment to imbue your weapon by running your hand along it (at least for staves). I’ve found it pretty fluid to weave with after the initial change they made to it.
  • Caulderone
    Caulderone
    ✭✭

Gilliam the Rogue had a stream you can watch on Youtube where he showed the animation with a handful of weapons. It was in the middle of a semi-long stream within the last couple weeks.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Nope, the skill un-stealth you.

For the damage component and the comparison with force pulse, remember that FP has 10% spell penetration and get bonus damage from altmer and dunmer passives, making it stronger in term of raw dps. It also active the ancient knowledge passive, so you don't need to run wall or rage on your main bar for pve. Last but not least, FP has an aoe component.
    On the other hand, imbue is cheaper.
    The secondary effect applied by imbue isn't as powerful as some people think : chilled is far more present than burned and concussed, and FP still has 40% chance apply each effect independently per cast, which result to a very close uptime (and far more with an asylum staff, even imperfect).
    Really, for pve the skill is balanced IMO. For pvp, the burst with be a slightly tighter, but not stackable with an another spammable so it's probably ok.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

For the damage component and the comparison with force pulse, remember that FP has 10% spell penetration and get bonus damage from altmer and dunmer passives, making it stronger in term of raw dps. It also active the ancient knowledge passive, so you don't need to run wall or rage on your main bar for pve. Last but not least, FP has an aoe component.
    The secondary effect applied by imbue isn't as powerful as some people think : chilled is far more present than burned and concussed, and FP still has 40% chance apply each effect independently per cast, which result to a very close uptime (and far more with an asylum staff, even imperfect).
    Really, for pve the skill is balanced IMO. For pvp, the burst with be a slightly tighter, but not stackable with an another spammable so it's probably ok.

Didn't you forget the orb passive for this comparison?
    PC EU - DC only
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Nope, the damage of this passive is barely noticeable, bringing imbue just slightly higher than FP without any destro/elemental passive (and lower with all passives taken in account).
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭

@WhipSmartMcoy, as far as I know Summerset after Queen's Decree is still under NDA so vid clips and screenshots prohibited.
    Edited by Auldjohn on May 18, 2018 10:53PM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    WhipSmartMcoy, as far as I know Summerset after Queen's Decree is still under NDA so vid clips and screenshots prohibited.

Yep but the skill line itself is not under DNA, only his unlock is. Templates have every spells unlocked, so filming a template (or a character who has unlocked the spell) is not forbidden.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish to report my comparison of force pulse and imbue weapons :)

I have used the perfected asylum staff in my tests, because otherwise, force pulse is not really competitive with anything.
    Both skills were spammed over the cause of 1 minute, resulting in 54 hits for each ability. Force pulse usually deals at least 2k more dps, because it causes alot of elemental status effect damage, it also has decent aoe potential in dungeons, dealing between 12-18k extra damage per cast due to it's magic damage pulses to adds. Even though the tooltips of both are almost compareable, force pulse will always deal a few hundret more damage per hit because of penetrating magic.

With Summerset however, we have the choice to remove the asylum staff and use another 5 set piece instead, which will of course bolster imbue weapons damage potential. Spell orbs deals almost 1k dps, which is very decent for a passive. Now the true reason why imbue weapons is good though, is that it costs 294 less magicka than force pulse. That's almost 16k magicka over the cause of 1 minute :) After my force pulse test, I had 15% magicka left (from 53k magicka) and after my imbue weapons test, I had 45% magicka left. That is considerable !

Further more, this definately allows us to wear 3 damage glyphs for those who aren't already. The improved sustain combined with the increased damage from abilities (because we can drop that asylum staff and get better stats) makes imbue weapons equal, if not even superior to force pulse. Force pulse will however remain superior as soon as it's not a pure single target fight anymore. And as I said, all of this is irrelevant if you don't own an Asylum staff or only the normal version, as only the perfected version is competitive with imbue weapons.

Just some random screenshots for comparison. I also wanted to mention some possible bugs. Elemental Weapons has a clear bias when it comes to its elemental procs. The proc chance for concussion is extremely low and sometimes it never procs in a parse, while chill always procs very often and burning medium often. This can also be seen in the screenshot and was the case in all tests, also vs my trusty real life pet friend (player). Also, elemental weapon can proc its effects on damage shields :) I've expected that and hoped for it, but it could be unintentional.

32806121_1532821106840301_7620211369761046528_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=b4b311054ff63b1fe26359451e081f54&oe=5B77FFCA

33020352_1532821233506955_2830208724499431424_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=51b47ba0b6fdfbfdef3e46c830fb24cc&oe=5B8C29EA
    Edited by Dracane on May 19, 2018 1:11AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone tried this with like a ele weap innerlight (for empower) style rotation?
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone tried this with like a ele weap innerlight (for empower) style rotation?

Ele weapon damage is not affected by empower. So, losing a GCD for 40% more damage on your next light attack will never be useful in term of dps, especially since you need to avoid using a weaved LA between your empower cast and your ele weapon cast, resulting on a GCD and 60% of a LA damage loss.
    In pvp, it can be used for burst if you manage to land it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ele weapon damage is not affected by empower. So, losing a GCD for 40% more damage on your next light attack will never be useful in term of dps, especially since you need to avoid using a weaved LA between your empower cast and your ele weapon cast, resulting on a GCD and 60% of a LA damage loss.
    In pvp, it can be used for burst if you manage to land it.

This combo is indeed very underwhelming. They seemed to have nerfed light attacks or empower even further. Empower's effect is barely worth mentioning anymore.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to highjack the OP’s thread lol, but is Imbue quick to get?

With the Mages Guild, it progressively requires more books per level. Is the Psijic skill line the same or does each level require the same amount of XP?

I plan on leveling up this skill line on multiple characters. Only 1-2 might want to fully lvl it.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but it's much easier than Mages Guild
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Not to highjack the OP’s thread lol, but is Imbue quick to get?

With the Mages Guild, it progressively requires more books per level. Is the Psijic skill line the same or does each level require the same amount of XP?

I plan on leveling up this skill line on multiple characters. Only 1-2 might want to fully lvl it.

It is the 2nd skill if I remember correctly... fairly quick to get. And morphing it does not require much time ether...

• RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Orbs are only Point Blank on Caster, which means that it doesn't have much impact on a range weapon like lightning staves.

Main difference with this skill is that you can use it on a resto staff and increase damage from LA. Combo it with a monster sets like Ilambris and you will trigger (proc) AoE damage on target or any other set that procs of fire (from burn), cold (chill) or lightning (concussion).

There are different combination outside of the classic destro staves that make these Psijic skills useful. On resto it is possible to use CC (Time Stop/Time Freeze) to slow down and stun enemies, to move faster with Accelerate (or any morph) and increase damage (10% crit damage).

As far as I can tell EW bugs out on Energy Overload, but is still useful when it works. The main advantage is that it only uses magic when it hits, so if you fire off too late or target are avoiding taking damage it will not use up any magica.