Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Questions. Thinking about returning after 3 or 4 years.

Starlightz85
Starlightz85
Soul Shriven
I haven't played ESO since a time when Tamriel Unlimited didn't exist. I enjoyed the game until the first dungeon. I hated spending hours trying to get a group together since ESO had no group finder. Or maybe memory is fuzzy and it did have a group finder but the group finder was terribly designed because it did not specify any requirements to ensure one of us could heal. I was the only one that could heal, but since I wasn't a dedicated healer, my heals were too weak to keep us alive after numerous failed attempts at boss. So 2 of us eventually left with myself and 1 other remaining, so we decided to lfm outside the instance to fill the 2 spots. I felt like a was back in an old school MMO shouting LF shouts, except even worse since no text chat. So I quit the game. I have some questions.

1. How much memory does ESO take up on PS4 with all patches up to date? I have to reinstall but it only shows how much base game takes up. I have 37 GB free.
2. Did they ever make it easier to get a group and ensure someone can heal strong enough for said instance?
3. Is instanced group content even required to get best gear? I'm asking in case it's a no for 2. so then maybe I can skip dungeons.
4. Can dungeons still be missed due to level range? Or can you be synced down now? Or did Tamriel Unlimited make all dungeons scale to level?
5. If you get an ESO Plus sub would you get all the DLC updates from before you subbed for free? Or does it only count updates from sub date forward? I know expansions aren't free. Just referring to the free updates that normally cost if you are not ESO Plus status.
Edited by Starlightz85 on May 14, 2018 4:46AM
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    1 don't know as I am Pc
    2 it is easier now get a group but you still have the chance of getting a bad healer. That will never change
    3 That is all about to change with summerset with being able to wear 2 crafted sets and some good overland set.
    4 Everthing is now scaled to cp160 zones, delves and dungeons
    5 ESO+ gives all dlc free

PC/NA
  • Starlightz85
    Starlightz85
    Soul Shriven
    dave011 wrote: »
    1 don't know as I am Pc
    2 it is easier now get a group but you still have the chance of getting a bad healer. That will never change
    3 That is all about to change with summerset with being able to wear 2 crafted sets and some good overland set.
    4 Everthing is now scaled to cp160 zones, delves and dungeons
    5 ESO+ gives all dlc free

Okay, thanks. ^_^ As for 2. it wasn't about healer skill. I mentioned that we had no healer. I was the only one with healing magic, but I'm not a dedicated healer. I was a non-healer that simply had some healing just to be able to heal myself during solo stuff. We only tried it since we had no healer. As for 1. I guess I'll just try to free up enough to have 100 GB free. I know Final Fantasy XIV takes up 67 GB with all updates according to my system storage. So all in all everything sounds good.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With one tamriel all is scaled to cp160 who equals the old veteran level 16. If you was lower you will reach 160 in days short time.
    All dungeons and all of overland is scaled, overland is easy, many say to easy.
    All dungeons can be done in normal and veteran mode and is scaled, most normals are easy even for inexperienced groups.
    You still risk getting fake healers or tanks but not very common.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. How much memory does ESO take up on PS4 with all patches up to date? I have to reinstall but it only shows how much base game takes up. I have 37 GB free.
    I don't own ESO on my PS4, but I can almost assure you though that 37GB will not be enough. (also remember that your PS4 harddrive always need a good chunk of free space that can never be used, which on my 1000GB amounts to somewhere around 50-75GB of free space. I may be less for a 500GB harddisk.

2. Did they ever make it easier to get a group and ensure someone can heal strong enough for said instance?

Yes, the group finder actually works pretty great now. A group must consist of Tank, Healer and 2 DD. Normal dungeons are so easy now though that in most case there's no real need for dedicated roles, but the dungeon still requires someone to sign up as those roles to pair them for the dungeon, even if they won't actually play as a dedicated tank/healer . (in most normal dungeons many players can take care of themselves and still dish out some good damage).

3. Is instanced group content even required to get best gear? I'm asking in case it's a no for 2. so then maybe I can skip dungeons.
    Yes, to get the BEST gear you certainly need to do group content. But you can get very good gear simply by purchasing from guild traders; this includes both very good crafted gear and BoE gear. If you want to get the best epic quality undaunted gear you have to complete pledges to get keys to unlock chests that give undaunted good gear: 2 set items (head+shoulder) where the 2nd tier set bonus usually is a special powerful proccing ability that can be quite OP if paired with certain builds. You cannot avoid group dungeouns if you want to get undaunted gear.

4. Can dungeons still be missed due to level range? Or can you be synced down now? Or did Tamriel Unlimited make all dungeons scale to level?
    All is scaled to level.

5. If you get an ESO Plus sub would you get all the DLC updates from before you subbed for free? Or does it only count updates from sub date forward? I know expansions aren't free. Just referring to the free updates that normally cost if you are not ESO Plus status.[/quote]
    ESO plus gives 100% access to all DLC.

Edited by Jayman1000 on May 14, 2018 9:41AM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    With one tamriel all is scaled to cp160 who equals the old veteran level 16. If you was lower you will reach 160 in days short time.
    All dungeons and all of overland is scaled, overland is easy, many say to easy.
    All dungeons can be done in normal and veteran mode and is scaled, most normals are easy even for inexperienced groups.
    You still risk getting fake healers or tanks but not very common.

lol, with no mention of "fake" or sub-par DPS?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

Yes, the group finder actually works pretty great now. A group must consist of Tank, Healer and 2 DD. Normal dungeons are so easy now though that in most case there's no real need for dedicated roles, but the dungeon still requires someone to sign up as those roles to pair them for the dungeon, even if they won't actually play as a dedicated tank/healer . (in most normal dungeons many players can take care of themselves and still dish out some good damage).

Yes, to get the BEST gear you certainly need to do group content. But you can get very good gear simply by purchasing from guild traders; this includes both very good crafted gear and BoE gear. If you want to get the best epic quality undaunted gear you have to complete pledges to get keys to unlock chests that give undaunted good gear: 2 set items (head+shoulder) where the 2nd tier set bonus usually is a special powerful proccing ability that can be quite OP if paired with certain builds. You cannot avoid group dungeouns if you want to get undaunted gear.

Incorrect. Monster helms and shoulder pieces can be purchased with Gold or AP from the Cyrodiil Golden Vendor.