The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How are we supposed to take BGs seriously when sets like Zaan exist?

ecru
ecru
✭✭✭✭✭
IDpS9OD

Why is this even a possibility? Just about nothing in a BG will hit you this hard besides a proc that you have to do nothing to use.
Gryphon Heart
Godslayer
Dawnbringer
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oZ2sEaE.jpg
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH, this is exactly what I'm talking about, stamina builds using this cheese on top of all their other cheese! As if a Stamplar bleed build really needed this set... total overkill.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs won’t go away because the same people that complain about them usually use them. If the devs see everyone still using them there’s no reason to remove them, instead they keep adding new ones.
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    you got the double proc, it is deadly. They should fix it sooner than later though.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    It has 10m range, 18s cooldown, and you can block, this is a you issue.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ritter wrote: »
    It has a 10 m range that can go through walls and floors which is only easy to break when fighting a brain dead opponent, Im hoping that you can figure out why 99% of the time you can’t just “block zaan”, this is a you don’t think before you post issue
    Edited by Mihael on May 14, 2018 8:35PM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my experience Zaan is a potato masher set. It kills bad players.

If I die to Zaan it is generally because I messed up in some way, or because it was a situation that I wouldn't have made it out alive of anyway.

My suggestion is to use the set yourself for a while and get a feel for it, and what beats it.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

If I die to Zaan it is generally because I messed up in some way, or because it was a situation that I wouldn't have made it out alive of anyway.

My suggestion is to use the set yourself for a while and get a feel for it, and what beats it.

Like playing certain classes? Like the one in your signature? Try getting out of Zaan's playing a MagWarden in BGs vs a MagBlade, a mDK or any stamclass in the game. You know what? It won't happen.

My suggestion is to use a class not having the privilege of excellent mobility for a while and get a feel for it, and what is not able to beat/counter Zaan.

You deserve a much more rude reply than the one I just gave you.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not, not every class can just hit the cloak button and get out of a zaan proc.

Thankfully this upcoming patch they are making snare / root poisons no longer affect people who are snare immune, so that should help.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10m is a big range, especially if you are on a class with good cc potential. even if you break free and try to dodge roll out of the 10m, thats still at least 2-3 ticks on you, which is already more than a skoria proc or selenes or anything else. and even after the dodge roll if there is latency or the other person follows you fast enough than it can be hard to get out of that 10m range on many classes.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    used today it on magplar, manablade and manadk in experimental not completed fast builds with unsual for me rotation except manablade.
    stamina died from this as fly.
    esp medium stamblades. recipe is very easy, not controlling until zaan work, it worked - cc + detect pot (detect+immovable+magicka) = done if anyone healed him. Also, anyone today didn't broke it with distance, simply coudn't. on templar - topling charge + reflective lights, on melee magblade cloak under concealed+crippling, on magdk - emp chain or ferocious leap. 10 meters is very long distance to break it.
    manausers feels better - shields+or streak, or overheal templar and warden, but...if it started when shields almost or down - cc and new dead body.
    its stupidly easy with simplest weaving.
    and, its on vivek, with cp. in bg it's much more painful
    Edited by Anethum on May 15, 2018 10:02AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont get it, i play a 8K health regen build i can afk tank zaan.
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol remove sigil; then we talk about taking BG seriously.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a me issue, it's an absurd amount of free damage for doing nothing issue.

I do use it, and it still needs to be nerfed.
    Edited by ecru on May 15, 2018 2:59PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH, this is exactly what I'm talking about, stamina builds using this cheese on top of all their other cheese! As if a Stamplar bleed build really needed this set... total overkill.

Don’t blame stamina, blame ZOS. Also there are PLENTY of cheese magicka build and abilities. But anyway don’t take BGs seriously. There are two ways to go 1) join the cheese 2) forge your own premade group and practice so that even when you come up against these cheese players you still wreck face. Honestly playing an honest, no cheese build solo is dead for the most part. Sure you can still pack up noobs when the opportunity presents itself but you’re gonna be in for a ton of frustration and rare will be the fight where you come up against someone else who actually knows their class and isn’t just looking for an easy kill.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Believe it or not, not every class can just hit the cloak button and get out of a zaan proc.

Thankfully this upcoming patch they are making snare / root poisons no longer affect people who are snare immune, so that should help.

Wait are you serious? It’s about damn time. When I learned that poisons could override immunity I was speechless that even ZOS would come up with such an asenine idea.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's only a potato masher if used by potatoes. A competent player using this set gives them a guarantee kill against all non-Nightblades. This set needs to be adjusted.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

It's only a potato masher if used by potatoes. A competent player using this set gives them a guarantee kill against all non-Nightblades. This set needs to be adjusted.

That´s quite a bold statement. I mainly play werewolf (on a stamina sorcerer). Whenever I´m in werewolf form and encounter Zaan I´ve:

- No way of removing snares or DoT´s (unless using Wyrd Tree´s Blessing set)
    - No cloak (obviously ^_^)
    - No access to weaponpassives to mitigate damage (S&B passives)
    - A weak heal (since I´m not using Pelinial on that build my WW-heal isn´t as strong as it could be)
    - Only thing that I got going for me in terms of defensive cons is some extra resistance
    (can add that the build I use is not made to face-tank stuff)

And still I´ve only died to Zaan twice (and that was against competent players). First time was against a well-know PC/EU pet-sorc (no hate btw). While Zaan was going on me I hade 2x pets attacking me + wall of shock + Soulassault while being debuffed by Elemental Drain. What finally killed me was when I ran out of stamina and the final pulse from the scamp stunned me. I would´ve died either way in that fight, with or without Zaan being involved.

2nd time was against while being outnumbered 1v3 and the total pressure became too much (werewolfs are quite bad in outnumbered situations). Zaan didn´t make any difference in that situation. All other situations I´ve encountered Zaan I´ve had little to zero issues with the set. In my opinion Zaan needs two changes:

1. Fix the line of sight issue, so you can run behind a structure to break the beam
    2. Increase the duration of the beam ,but lower the dmg increase by 25%/tick instead of the current 50%/tick.