Pirate Skeleton monster set bug (years and counting)

Synozeer
Synozeer
✭✭✭✭
As is tradition with each new patch, someone must once again post requesting the bug with the Pirate Skeleton monster set be fixed. The bug, when you transform you are locked out of your skills and bar swap and your block drops for a split second. The only "fix" is wearing a disguise, which prevents the animation of changing to/from a skeleton from happening at all.

Hoping we won't have to wait another couple of years to fix this bug - it's already been a couple.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
...and many more.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 their fix is just disabling the crown dishdasha disguise so you can't wear this set without it locking you out

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda thought this was working as intended and the costume was the bug lol.

I laugh, but I am serious
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1000+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we have a clear work around which you already know..... they are focusing on other stuff.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc.
    RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases.
    Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Beacuse a 6 k shield is f ing useless.
    Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew.
    13 AD 2 DC. CP 1200 plus 15 level 50 toons.
    NA, PC, Vivec.
    #SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭
    One way to see the bug without trying to time actions with the transformation is to hold block while taking damage until it procs (or when it expires and you revert back to normal appearance). Your block will drop whenever you transform.

...and many more.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It drops every action you were doing. It will even animation cancel a instant cast ability. It cancels cast time or channeled abilities. Including ultimates. It's a very broken set
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easy fix is to remove the transformation, problem solved. I'd be 100% for that, because the alternative is having this bug exist for another couple of years.

Edited by Synozeer on May 12, 2018 4:07PM

...and many more.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it terrible bug. And using bug that disdasha still work in cyro and allow to hide it is not reliable solution, esp. when zos will fix it.
    They should change this buggy transform into just visual effect.
    I suggest this dark dirty smoge effect around character, that goes during draugr polymorph, it represent "undead":
    pirate.jpg
    Edited by Cinbri on May 12, 2018 4:10PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Synozeer @Cinbri I agree I'd rather have a cool dark mind effect looking aura.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • oOMrSmileOo
    oOMrSmileOo
    ✭✭
    careful ;D if they change that they might fix that you can purge the debuff
    Raidlead of the german progression raiding group "Mind Control"
    Youtube Channel
    Tank, all Trials clear with HM, Immortal redeemer
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    careful ;D if they change that they might fix that you can purge the debuff

It was already fixed.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is zos you're talking to, they'll never fix it as they'll never post anything in here.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is zos you're talking to, they'll never fix it as they'll never post anything in here.

Or it's related to global cooldown. Like everyone complaining about Eclipse and not being able to CC break it instantly; it costs you a global cooldown to receive the bubble and then you can cc break it.

I'm starting to imagine PS' "bug" is just some stupid gcd mechanic that they won't touch.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unlikely it will be fixed for Monday, so another year it is. Hurrah!

...and many more.
  • Wolf_Watching
    Wolf_Watching
    ✭✭✭
    And I’m pretty sure the debuff off the set scales of MY befoul so it kinda kills me that way.
    If This Iz Mispelld, I Totelly Mint to Due Tht.
  • Wolf_Watching
    Wolf_Watching
    ✭✭✭
    Still
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still

Actually I think they stealth fixed it. It didn't drop my block when I tested it recently.

...and many more.
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azoi the legendary stamblade Grand overlord
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know the transformation is a intended drawback of the set.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, the set proced while I was in mist form and guess what? I was pulled out of mist form. I think it is related to the animation.
    Nothing but the best is good enough!
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I'll have to test it again. It's such a simple fix for ZOS to do if they don't want to bother trying to figure out the bugs (which evidently they don't with it being 2+ years that this bug has existed) - simply remove the animation from the set activating and it should be fixed.

...and many more.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a second piece to pirate skeleton?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up up up, this bug also prevents you to doing any action for at least 2 seconds except block/dodge and light/heavy attacks. All skills plus weapon swap plus potion use is being locked when it bugs out. Similar to that bug focused charge had years ago. It happens rarely but still often enough to consider. ZOS please fix this ***.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Soris on November 13, 2018 11:08PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been using Pirate Skeleton again recently and haven’t noticed it interrupting my skills or gameplay. I’ll keep a closer eye on it.
    Alchuri Templar Healer /dps
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    Hmmm I'll have to test it again. It's such a simple fix for ZOS to do if they don't want to bother trying to figure out the bugs (which evidently they don't with it being 2+ years that this bug has existed) - simply remove the animation from the set activating and it should be fixed.

would be cool if it was a necromancer style aura similar to how slimecraw animates.

Not everyone wants to look like a skeleton lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭
    how are we rating pirate skele recently, still bugging out (annoying) but do you still feel it's s worth using?
    I like to get my defence from monster sets so currently trialling 1 chudan 1 skele to see how it compares to full skele
  • Wolf_Watching
    Wolf_Watching
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    how are we rating pirate skele recently, still bugging out (annoying) but do you still feel it's s worth using?
    I like to get my defence from monster sets so currently trialling 1 chudan 1 skele to see how it compares to full skele

It's very worth. Just have to wear a disguise so the transform doesn't **** your burst, cause you to drop block and die instantly, or destroy your cast time abilities.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

It's very worth. Just have to wear a disguise so the transform doesn't **** your burst, cause you to drop block and die instantly, or destroy your cast time abilities.

yea and this is the single biggest reason that puts me off this set as much as I like to and think it's the strongest defensive set, not being able to look how I like is stupid just to get a set to work properly
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you ok with skeleton look - try to use cauldron from last halloween event. There is no exp , but you will get 2 hours skeleton look.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it possible to fix it without changing core visual effect. When you transform it like game loading new model of character so it force-disable you coz it need to load it and then continue char action. And when lags and fps drops hits - reciever end slower updating model and not start to act before complete - it cause disable to be longer than just second. This was happening in cyro for years when in large battle you changed weapon types thar have different models. Happened with outfits when they launched.
    Not to mention that due to proc condition it will proc in pve at moment of higher pressure and, as tanks who tried it in trials knows, resulting in instadeath.