Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question: Are outfit styles account-wide?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I know learning a style on one character doesn't allow for all characters to craft in that style. What I want to know is if it's different for outfits. When I unlock a new style, it's always added to my collections, and since the collection stuff is account-wide, I was wondering if unlocking a style on one character would allow me to create outfits using that same style on another character.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi - to my knowledge yes it is mate, just took this from the Feb patch notes :-

•Learning Styles •The primary way to learn Outfit Styles is by reading Motif books and chapters. In addition to unlocking the ability to craft in that style, learning a Motif now also teaches you how to apply that style to your Outfits.
    •As this Outfit Style knowledge is an account-wide collectible, learning how to craft helms in the Glass style (for example) on any character allows you to use that to override the appearance of the helm slot of any Outfit on any of your characters.
    •These style collectibles are retroactively unlocked for all the styles you already know how to craft after logging in with a character with the associated Motif knowledge.
    •In addition to Motifs, completing the “Soul Shriven in Coldharbour” quest awards a set of Prisoner’s clothing styles, and you can expect additional unique gear and weapon appearances to become available in the future as well.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Hi - to my knowledge yes it is mate, just took this from the Feb patch notes :-

•Learning Styles •The primary way to learn Outfit Styles is by reading Motif books and chapters. In addition to unlocking the ability to craft in that style, learning a Motif now also teaches you how to apply that style to your Outfits.
    •As this Outfit Style knowledge is an account-wide collectible, learning how to craft helms in the Glass style (for example) on any character allows you to use that to override the appearance of the helm slot of any Outfit on any of your characters.
    •These style collectibles are retroactively unlocked for all the styles you already know how to craft after logging in with a character with the associated Motif knowledge.
    •In addition to Motifs, completing the “Soul Shriven in Coldharbour” quest awards a set of Prisoner’s clothing styles, and you can expect additional unique gear and weapon appearances to become available in the future as well.

That's cool! Thanks.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver