The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashing on Xbox One X

BozzyTheDrummer
BozzyTheDrummer
✭✭✭✭
I posted this issue in another area of the forums. ESO is routinely crashing on average 1 time every hour, to hour and a half. Not exaggerating. Starts off with my game freezing, followed by a very loud hum for about 5-6 seconds, then I am kicked to the Xbox dashboard.

At first it was happening a lot during the XP events that have recently passed. I though it was maybe due to the high player traffic, but now that the events are over with, it is happening a lot more.

The first crash is usually within 30 minutes to an hour after I log into the game. As usual, about an hour to an hour and a half later, crashes again. This continues throughout the rest of the time I am gaming.

People I play with online also experience this as well, both in a group and outside of a group. Some experience it more frequently at times than I do.

I understand other players have posted here as well and have opened tickets. From what I have heard, the response is generally the same, that this isn't really going to be worked on, but there will be an update when Summerset launches?

Hopefully this doesn't continue to get worse. The game is playable, but I just expect multiple crashes during the time that I am online playing.
Xbox NA
CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BozzyTheDrummer

As posted in this thread, there are some planned fixes for Update 18 to improve some of the crashes players are experiencing. Since you are experiencing crashes on an hourly basis, we would recommend opening a ticket with customer support to see if there is anything that can be done to improve your situation.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bootsauce
    bootsauce
    Soul Shriven
    I too have been having the very same chronic lock-up/crash. The chronic and frequent nature of these crashes began on day one of the latest Jester's Festival, and have only gotten worse. I am using an Xbox One X, and the game will routinely lock-up and crash while I am swapping toons, running, standing still, opening menu, speaking with an NPC... anything. I did open a ticket and the form response stated very clearly that nobody would be responding to my ticket.

We greatly appreciate you bringing this potential bug to our attention. This information has been collected and will be passed on to our development team. You will not receive a further response to this ticket.

Tell me how creating that ticket is going to be of any help?

I can tolerate the occasional crash, but several crashes an hour is absolutely intolerable. In the past year I have sunk countless hours and money into this game, and feel utterly entitled to a proper response in order to get this issue resolved.
    Edited by bootsauce on May 8, 2018 3:35PM
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an x. I don’t have this problem.

Be sure and close the game out before shutting down Xbox. If your Xbox is set to load up fast and resume games from last time playing, go to settings and power and start up. Set it to energy saving. This will completely shut down your Xbox and boot fresh the next day.

Works much better this way.

I usually close my game down but leave it on fast loading. Then once a week I’ll change it for 1-2 days, then change it back. It’s basically hard resetting your Xbox every few days.

Also try hard resetting your Xbox if you haven’t in a while. Power down the Xbox totally, unplug it and leave the power cord unplugged for 60-90 seconds. Plug it back in.

Does wonders for a system if it had currently been left on for months before that.

Hope it helps
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    I have an x. I don’t have this problem.

Be sure and close the game out before shutting down Xbox. If your Xbox is set to load up fast and resume games from last time playing, go to settings and power and start up. Set it to energy saving. This will completely shut down your Xbox and boot fresh the next day.

Works much better this way.

I usually close my game down but leave it on fast loading. Then once a week I’ll change it for 1-2 days, then change it back. It’s basically hard resetting your Xbox every few days.

Also try hard resetting your Xbox if you haven’t in a while. Power down the Xbox totally, unplug it and leave the power cord unplugged for 60-90 seconds. Plug it back in.

Does wonders for a system if it had currently been left on for months before that.

Hope it helps

I will give this a try, thank you!

I have been trying to make it a habit to close the game out before shutting down. I hard reset my Xbox about 2 times a week (currently) and usually when I leave for work the next morning, I will unplug my Xbox and then plug it back in when I get home. Just from doing this, I already notice that I do not experience crashes as much as I was last week.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• K_Med
    K_Med
    Soul Shriven
    I have an X and absolutely have an issue with this game crashing every now and again. I wouldn't say it's once an hour, but once every few days of gameplay. I believe exiting ESO completely might help, but it shouldn't have to be this way. Also, turning off your XBOX completely should have nothing to do with it, but it's also the only way to get in game voice chat working.

ESO is bugged, they need to fix it. None of my other Xbox One X enhanced titles act this way and ESO doesn't have these issues on the PC.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    K_Med wrote: »
    I have an X and absolutely have an issue with this game crashing every now and again. I wouldn't say it's once an hour, but once every few days of gameplay. I believe exiting ESO completely might help, but it shouldn't have to be this way. Also, turning off your XBOX completely should have nothing to do with it, but it's also the only way to get in game voice chat working.

ESO is bugged, they need to fix it. None of my other Xbox One X enhanced titles act this way and ESO doesn't have these issues on the PC.

@K_Med Yea I do not have this issue on any other Xbox games. Just this past week alone, however, I have been exiting the game first, then actually shutting off my console by holding the power button for seven seconds, then leaving the console unplugged until I use it next. Strangely, I have only crashed one time this entire week, rather then 3-4 every single night.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

• HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    Something is wrong atm.. Today i crash to dashboard 7 times in under 2 hour in pvp. Not even a fight close to me. Was more fun playing when we had load screen month dlc.. When you die you had to restart game..
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same problem the last few days. Just random freeze and then crash to start screen. Running on a Xbox One X too. No issues with any other game. Eso runs really good otherwise. Just crashing.
  • Arcon2825
    Arcon2825
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had this problem with my original Xbox One and now the Xbox One X as well.
    On NA server it happened every 30 minutes while on EU server maybe 1 or 2 times per session.
    Xbox EU
    CP 1400+:
    Laeleith - Magicka Sorcerer DD, Vampire
    Maryssía - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    Thaleidria - Magicka Templar Healer
    Zemene - Magicka Necromant DD
    Poohie - Magicka Warden DD
    Elyveya - Stamina Nightblade DD