Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow Costume Pieces to be used in our Custom Outfits

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I never plan on buying another costume again now that the outfit system is out and I would rather look unique from everyone else than a static outfit. The only thing about costumes that I like is that they reign supreme when it comes to civilian clothing. The noble suit in particular has my favorite coat in the game. I would like it if this coat was available to be used in my steampunk outfit as a chestpiece but sadly it is stuck to a costume. If you would like to get this ones revenue and perhaps many others who have ditched costumes in favor of unique outfits, please consider adding costume pieces of the various costumes in the game such as the noble suit into the outfit system under the clothing classification (which has the prisoners rags and future undaunted styles)

v59kfvtf12hq.png
Above is the sections a costume can be divided into for use in the outfit system.
dzpq56opyc11.png
Above is the clothing section that prisoners rags and undaunted set appearances go, would be nice to see costume pieces go in this catagory.
e52ap9sw8z36.png
Above i was going for a Steampunk Look, a coat would help achieve that desired look I want.
Edited by Aliyavana on May 7, 2018 7:41AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, i'm pretty sure it's planned, from the start. We'll have costumes pieces made of pre-existing costumes for use in the outfit system. They'll be sold separately for crowns.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see what you're saying and definitely support it in general, but for this one particular use case I think that would be hella complicated. Are you saying you'd want just the overcoat part of the outfit? I would figure that would have to be tied to the chestpiece.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, i'm pretty sure it's planned, from the start. We'll have costumes pieces made of pre-existing costumes for use in the outfit system. They'll be sold separately for crowns.

I hope they go and add those pieces retroactively for all the costumes we have bought in the past. I know many of us bought costumes in order to hide our gear before outfits were created. @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you can bring this up to your art team?
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its stupid it makes no sense and I love it
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    I see what you're saying and definitely support it in general, but for this one particular use case I think that would be hella complicated. Are you saying you'd want just the overcoat part of the outfit? I would figure that would have to be tied to the chestpiece.

that's what I mean, the chest piece would be the coat. outfits also tend to have the best boots and some unique looking armor.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 6, 2018 7:58AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it allows you to be more creative with your characters and have more fun then this one approves whole heartedly .
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    bmj6mg4wazu5.png
    e52ap9sw8z36.png
    [/quote]

After seeing that bottom picture I have realized that you probably shouldn't have access to creating a costume.. lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmj6mg4wazu5.png
    e52ap9sw8z36.png

After seeing that bottom picture I have realized that you probably shouldn't have access to creating a costume.. lol[/quote]

not everyone understands the steampunk aesthetic which I was utilizing from clockwork. If you don't like a particular thing it would help if you pointed out what you didn't like instead of being vague
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 6, 2018 8:21AM
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    bmj6mg4wazu5.png
    e52ap9sw8z36.png

After seeing that bottom picture I have realized that you probably shouldn't have access to creating a costume.. lol

not everyone understands the steampunk aesthetic which I was utilizing from clockwork, but oh well. If you don't like a particular thing it would help if you pointed out what you didn't like instead of being vague[/quote]

Oh wow! I didn't even see it from that perspective :0. How ignorant of me. I just woke up so forgive me. Now that I see the themeits very nice! Have you tried changing the chest to medium apostle. :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmj6mg4wazu5.png
    e52ap9sw8z36.png

not everyone understands the steampunk aesthetic which I was utilizing from clockwork, but oh well. If you don't like a particular thing it would help if you pointed out what you didn't like instead of being vague

Oh wow! I didn't even see it from that perspective :0. How ignorant of me. I just woke up so forgive me. Now that I see the themeits very nice! Have you tried changing the chest to medium apostle. :)[/quote]

I like the apostle medium jack actually, but I'm hoping for one day that there will be a hide flap option
    ArchMikem wrote: »

that thread was made two months ago so itd be a necro I think?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just letting you know I'm on board by showing you i had the same idea.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just letting you know I'm on board by showing you i had the same idea.

kk was just wondering
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png?width=1214&height=683

Would like to get the hands and shoulders of this costume (Bedlam). Pity it is Costume only.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on May 6, 2018 9:32AM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would like to get the hands and shoulders of this costume (Bedlam). Pity it is Costume only.

Those shoulders are amazing, indeed it would be nice to mix and match
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they go and add those pieces retroactively for all the costumes we have bought in the past. I know many of us bought costumes in order to hide our gear before outfits were created. @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you can bring this up to your art team?

Why would they give us anything for free retroactively when they can monetize it ?
    If you've bought a guar mount already and they release yet another skin of the same guar mount you have to pay for it again.
    I don't see why they'd do things differently with costumes and outfit parts made from them - and I'm pretty sure many people will buy. Again.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would they give us anything for free retroactively when they can monetize it ?
    If you've bought a guar mount already and they release yet another skin of the same guar mount you have to pay for it again.
    I don't see why they'd do things differently with costumes and outfit parts made from them - and I'm pretty sure many people will buy. Again.

Lol
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I could see this being difficult - or at least a good bit of work - since there's a number of costumes that don't quite fit into the armor locations cleanly (some of the dresses, for instance).

Personally, I'd like them to get the rest of the rare/drop armors (Encasement of Anguish, etc) & the looted civilian clothes into the system first.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's what I mean, the chest piece would be the coat. outfits also tend to have the best boots and some unique looking armor.

But if you use just the coat wouldn't you be shirtless? D:
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But if you use just the coat wouldn't you be shirtless? D:

I mean the full package, lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos plz
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The shoulders and hands are really cool, and work for an outfit I want to make, the rest is a bit too dorky imo.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

The shoulders and hands are really cool, and work for an outfit I want to make, the rest is a bit too dorky imo.

It's a shame they cant be used seperately
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it allows you to be more creative with your characters and have more fun then this one approves whole heartedly .

Agreed, it does increase the potential creativeness and customization of the Outfit System ... something ZOS has embraced in the recent past.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, it does increase the potential creativeness and customization of the Outfit System ... something ZOS has embraced in the recent past.

I hope zos sees this opportunity to unite the outfit system with the costumes.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea :D but my only problem with this is just imagenie the clipping and overlay issues, what ZOS can't fix it considering, how manytimes the emperor armor hipp parth is wants to fall apart XD and they bearly even know how to fix these issues permanently.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    I love the idea :D but my only problem with this is just imagenie the clipping and overlay issues, what ZOS can't fix it considering, how manytimes the emperor armor hipp parth is wants to fall apart XD and they bearly even know how to fix these issues permanently.

There's already a *** load of clipping issues with stuff like hip flaps and crotch flaps, we will survive
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 7, 2018 8:57AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »

There's already a *** load of clipping issues with stuff like hip flaps and crotch flaps, we will survive

if they finaly fix it? sure. if no well thats another topic for sure :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if outfit could overwrite costumes. Than when we buy costumes - we could use outfit to synnergize with costume and change parts. Everyone wear same costumes but anyone could make their costume to look unique and differently.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Would be nice if outfit could overwrite costumes. Than when we buy costumes - we could use outfit to synnergize with costume and change parts. Everyone wear same costumes but anyone could make their costume to look unique and differently.

I just would like this feature and wish the art department prioritized its implementation.