The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Colossal Aldmeri Grotto... on second thought... NO

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
And here's why; The SHIP itself is really pretty disappointing. No real Captain's cabin. It's got a hold that's been divided up a little bit...and that's it. It needs the Captain's quarters, a hold, and a galley at minimum. Instead, the most important part of this "house" is... incredibly boring. It misses the mark big time. I'd prefer a really well done ship moored off a TINY island. The limits on decoration slots make these HUGE builds far too frustrating to begin with. The ruins are pretty but they're not what we asked for ZOS. The ship, the most important part of the build... feels like an afterthought. Try again.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to confess that I was super hyped about this house at first (it is gorgeous) and was planning on making it my first crown exclusive notable home, despite of the housing slot limits.
    But, like you, on a second thought.... no.
    For me there's more issues on top of the one you've pointed out (and that's already a big one).
    Here's a few:

1. I wanted a boat house for the sense of freedom and open spaces (a lot of water with a tiny island as you said). Instead, we got a huge boat parked in an enclosed "garage", where you barely see the sky.
    2. Judging by the big amount of shipwrecks all around, the grotto doesn't even feel like a safe "garage" aka "why would anyone park a big boat there?"
    3. Those shipwrecks are not only many but also huge: they occupy most of the beach space and as a result there's not really enough space (the irony) to build an arena or any large structure, unless building on top of the water (which is already too scarce for my taste when it comes to a boat house)
    4. The place is all vertical. Not only it is counter intuitive when it comes to a boat house but it's simply not practical if you want your house to be also functional (crafting areas, etc) unless you restrict yourself to the boat only.
    5. The all property feels "spoon fed". it's great for people that want to buy it furnished, add some achievement furnishing and be done with it but not so much for people that want to make their home a really unique space: it's just not versatile enough and (again ironically) has no room for wild creativity in the landscaping department.

So, I'm just hoping they'll introduce another boat house somewhere in the future (a big rectangle of water, with a tiny island in a corner (no tiles, just grass and sand) and a well designed boat in the middle (with windows to look outside), in a place with night/day cycles and some nice changes in weather*.
    For now, I'll stick with my Hundings, that even a year and a half after purchase I still haven't finished :p

*Edit: I want to be on my boat and feel like I'm facing a storm or just relax on the deck on a sunny day, while fishing.
    Edited by Arciris on May 6, 2018 9:14AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    I have to confess that I was super hyped about this house at first (it is gorgeous) and was planning on making it my first crown exclusive notable home, despite of the housing slot limits.
    But, like you, on a second thought.... no.
    For me there's more issues on top of the one you've pointed out (and that's already a big one).
    Here's a few:

1. I wanted a boat house for the sense of freedom and open spaces (a lot of water with a tiny island as you said). Instead, we got a huge boat parked in an enclosed "garage", where you barely see the sky.
    2. Judging by the big amount of shipwrecks all around, the grotto doesn't even feel like a safe "garage" aka "why would anyone park a big boat there?"
    3. Those shipwrecks are not only many but also huge: they occupy most of the beach space and as a result there's not really enough space (the irony) to build an arena or any large structure, unless building on top of the water (which is already too scarce for my taste when it comes to a boat house)
    4. The place is all vertical. Not only it is counter intuitive when it comes to a boat house but it's simply not practical if you want your house to be also functional (crafting areas, etc) unless you restrict yourself to the boat only.
    5. The all property feels "spoon fed". it's great for people that want to buy it furnished, add some achievement furnishing and be done with it but not so much for people that want to make their home a really unique space: it's just not versatile enough and (again ironically) has no room for wild creativity in the landscaping department.

So, I'm just hoping they'll introduce another boat house somewhere in the future (a big rectangle of water, with a tiny island in a corner (no tiles, just grass and sand) and a well designed boat in the middle (with windows to look outside), in a place with night/day cycles and some nice changes in weather*.
    For now, I'll stick with my Hundings, that even a year and a half after purchase I still haven't finished :p

*Edit: I want to be on my boat and feel like I'm facing a storm or just relax on the deck on a sunny day, while fishing.

Yes I want to either feel like I'm AT SEA on a ship or moored in the bay of a coastal city! In fact, one of each would be AWESOME! Especially if it's the bay in Hew's Bane!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish there wasnt so many ship wrecks you cant build anywhere lol you look to left theres a ship wreck you look to the right theres a ship wreck. When you go up the stairs on the side where the ruins are and you make it all the way to the top theres a back part of the ship that meets up with the ruin why was this put here its nonsensical if they had a shipwreck fetish they should have left all the shipwrecks to one side not incorporate it into the ruin. Theres even a ship wreck on the top left side of the waterfall how did that shipwreck end up all the way up there was there a tsunami ? I mean im suprise theres no a ship wreck in mid air lol aah Zos
    Edited by Luciferazazell on June 20, 2018 7:26PM
  • zTrok
    zTrok
    ✭✭✭
    I sorta feel like this goes really well for arguements of a more minimalistic design on these crown store houses. This, along with the Princely Dawnlight Palace in my opinion would have felt a lot more better should they have taken a minimalistic approach to creating both of these. At the crux of the matter, I find that ZoS decides on these bombastic design choices in order to justify a larger price tag. If ZoS explored a smaller creation like a simple ship on the open ocean for maybe 1/3rd of the price tag, then perhaps they'd be able to make more money as due to the very smaller design, yet still applicable common idea, this being the idea of a boat/ship in a house, more people would feel good about putting down money for it. Along with not making people uneasy about the tacked on cavern and ruins.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll have even more second thoughts when you see the price :lol:

Let’s see if they finally will release something that breaks the 20,000 Crowns mark
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i would have much rathered prefered an all ruin area i mean look at some of the areas in summerset (direnni acropolis)even some of the delves they make some really nice areas i wish they could continue there creativity with in the home stead. I already made a ship in my earthtear home and for good reason the master angler ship isnt even a ship its the size of a boat other then the achievement no interests in the canoe and waiting for ever for zos to release this wreck i mean time well spent making my ship
    Edited by Luciferazazell on June 20, 2018 10:01PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted a ship house, but this misses the mark badly. The ship is underdone and the surrounding area is overdone. I'll pass also. Shame, I really wanted a ship house, a nice one, not all the rest of that crap :(
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    I really wanted a ship house, but this misses the mark badly. The ship is underdone and the surrounding area is overdone. I'll pass also. Shame, I really wanted a ship house, a nice one, not all the rest of that crap :(

Maybe they should have spent more time on the ship and alittle less on the ship wrecks lol
    Edited by Luciferazazell on June 21, 2018 1:25AM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be cool would be a ship that has controls on the helm that lead to different docks around the whole of Tamriel with a couple / few "open seas" and deserted island spots.
    Edited by Ostacia on June 21, 2018 3:45AM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to disagree but I love it. Like being a Goonie and finding One Eyed Willys ship. Can’t wait to get it.
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Lol Yeah well to each his own but this isnt the gonnies. I still think they added too many ship wrecks no need for so many its a nice area to build stuff in such a shame all these ship wrecks hinder that oh well maybe they will be moveable the smaller pieces atleast aahh wishfull thinking probably not
    Edited by Luciferazazell on June 21, 2018 9:43PM
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has valid opinions and points of view, however, none of it really matters if they make this house $150+ to purchase. This is the real problem with cool housing such as this. Maybe if it was not so expensive it wouldnt really matter what it should or shouldnt have in it because nobody would be taking a huge hit to their wallets. The price of these homes needs to come down not slowly go up. I was so excited to see this house previewed on ESO Live but then I realized what they will charge for something like this. I think as far as flavor and uniqueness this house has much to offer. I just dont want to pay the outrageous price tag to have, which in the long run is bad for ZOS. Alienating the customer is bad for any business and sooner or later people will be tired of forking out money for ridiculously priced houses.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be cool would be a ship that has controls on the helm that lead to different docks around the whole of Tamriel with a couple / few "open seas" and deserted island spots.

For the cheap cheap price of 80,000 Crowns your dream will become a virtual reality....
  • Heru_Elrin
    Heru_Elrin
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what is going on with this Colossal Grotto? I don’t think I ever recall a home showing on the map and it not being available immediately for purchase. It’s been nearly a month now and I feel like we have no idea when it will be released and what if anything we are going to get with it.
    Personally the creators do everything in their power to provide us unique style in everything they create. It makes the creative process that much more unrewarding when everyone gets a say in how much the work falls short for them. Now the creators are going back to the drawing board which will no doubt make other people miserable for the changes that will have taken place.
    ZOS...let your creators have the run in creating. You will not be able to please everyone, no matter how much you try.
    Anyway, if anyone knows what is happening with the home...I’d be happy to hear from someone either ZOS personally or other forum visitors. Thanks
    Cana i cala ture nanye oponye munta ulca taruva.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heru_Elrin wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is going on with this Colossal Grotto? I don’t think I ever recall a home showing on the map and it not being available immediately for purchase.
    Nah, that's pretty normal. You could visit the others before they came to the store too if you knew where to look.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a definite pass to me. The price is going to be outrageous (ZOS could surprise me).

And, Grand Topal was difficult enough to furnish and make it look full and lived in. Not enough housing slots and too big of a home. More small and medium homes needed. This looks even more difficult to furnish in my opinion.

I have no plans to buy another crown exclusive home again.
    Edited by G1Countdown on June 25, 2018 2:55PM
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Available for a limited time? You bet your butt this is going to cost all the crowns you've never used.
    Why Zos why?!

Could almost buy a real house boat.....
    Edited by thegreat_one on June 29, 2018 9:56PM
  • Elvira
    Elvira
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one of those who wanted a ship as the last missing rp-type location quite badly but I pass on this. The price is outrageous and I pay for 70% of non-sense I don't need at all (all that junk _around_ that ship). And - as some mentioned already... the ship should be in a simple port or - even better - at the sea, not inside some overcrowded wreck-yard.

Try again, with some non-notable, ship only, around 5000 crowns house. Then maybe. This... no thanks.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea: Why didn't ZOS just release the ship as a reeeally huge furnishing item?
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house itself is fine to me. Would like a bit more cozy place like a deeper cave to hide. But overall, it's a nice house. Much better than the Grand topal hideway imo.
    However 15k crowns is too much for me atm so I'll pass. I'll wait for a year or so to stock up crown from sub. If they sell it again, would be great. If not, I'll keep waiting for other houses.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house itself is fine to me. Would like a bit more cozy place like a deeper cave to hide. But overall, it's a nice house. Much better than the Grand topal hideway imo.
    However 15k crowns is too much for me atm so I'll pass. I'll wait for a year or so to stock up crown from sub. If they sell it again, would be great. If not, I'll keep waiting for other houses.

I think the biggest problem is having too many homes that rely on people spending real-world currency only. And with how much they cost, you end up thinking to yourself "Hmm, should I buy a virtual grotto or be able to feed my cat for the week?"
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    And here's why; The SHIP itself is really pretty disappointing. No real Captain's cabin. It's got a hold that's been divided up a little bit...and that's it. It needs the Captain's quarters, a hold, and a galley at minimum. Instead, the most important part of this "house" is... incredibly boring. It misses the mark big time. I'd prefer a really well done ship moored off a TINY island. The limits on decoration slots make these HUGE builds far too frustrating to begin with. The ruins are pretty but they're not what we asked for ZOS. The ship, the most important part of the build... feels like an afterthought. Try again.

This is actually on my cons list for this house. I was expecting something more akin to the actual interior of a ship. As it stands, its just a house boat made to look like an actual ship.

The other complaint I have is that this was the perfect time to add some nautical housing items and they didnt do it. I always have themes for these sort of houses and I cant even do anything with this place since all I can put in there is barrels and crates.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the biggest problem is having too many homes that rely on people spending real-world currency only. And with how much they cost, you end up thinking to yourself "Hmm, should I buy a virtual grotto or be able to feed my cat for the week?"

*month
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS