Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade 2H/Bow build help

Bingeee
Bingeee
Hello, I'm a returning stamina nightblade and I haven't played in a long long time.

I'm not fussed about being the best DPS in the world but I want high DPS but good survivability as I solo a lot. I'm currently a 2H and Bow build as Im finding 2handed skills useful to survive like Brawler and Rally. This is my starter build for now with 0 trials complete and 300 champion points.

Race: redguard

Gear, all divine and stamina enchant
Helm: Velidreth,medium
Shoulders: Velidreth,medium
Gloves: mechanical acuity,medium
Chest:mechanical acuity,heavy
Waist:mechanical acuity,medium
Legs:mechanical acuity, medium
Boots: Briarheart,medium
Ring: Briarheart, wep damage enchant
Ring: briarheart, wep damage enchant
Neck: Briarheart, wep damage enchant
Front bar: briarheart greatsword,infused
Back bar: mechanical acuity bow,nirn
Both weps have weapon damage enchants

Skills
Front bar: suprise attack, killer, brawler, rally, relentless focus, flawless dawnbreaker

Back bar: poison injection, endless hail, rearming trap, razor caltrop, leeching strikes, incapacitating strike

Am I playing all wrong with this build? If so does anyone have any tips to make it better? I don't feel I'm trial ready yet and I'm thinking hear from the trials will help me but I'm looking for tips to get me trial ready.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bingeee on May 2, 2018 4:34PM
  • Bingeee
    Bingeee
    I have also checked various websites and can't find any good 2h nightblade builds
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The build looks good to me.

I think your next 150ish CPs will make a big difference. You don’t need to get all the way to 750 to feel trial ready, but at 300 you still have ~40% of the benefits to pull out of the tree. I’m looking over Alcast’s 300 config on his stamblade...the most notable thing to me is that you’ve got a ton of defense to still get from the reds. That’s going to help you feel a lot less squishy. For me, 50 in Hardy and Element Defend feels like a tipping point where stamblades suddenly get tankier.

I’m not going to tell you to drop the 2h for dw, because I think 2h can work. But the reason that stamblade builds use dw are:

- the ability to get an extra set piece and go 5/5/2, which is going away in a month. So we may see more 2h builds.

- The dw passives pair better with stamblade play style.

- But mainly, the current meta uses dw skills that provide relatively long lasting DOTs/AOEs that perform a bit better. In trials I think cloak’s aoe mitigation beats brawler’s shield. And ideally in a trial you have support to free up rally’s slot.

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    There is no better guide AFAIK.

Solo 38K - “Execution Machine” Stamina Nightbalde 2H PvE build [Dragon Bones]
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399131/solo-38k-execution-machine-stamina-nightbalde-2h-pve-build-dragon-bones
    Edited by exiars10 on May 3, 2018 7:59AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.