The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best way to farm Jewellery?

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lihentian wrote: »
    and it is not a prestige thing, it will get more people ready for trial..

No. It won't.

I understand where you're coming from, but if they weren't ready for trials before, upgrading their gear to gold will not magically elevate them to ready to run vet trials. You can, absolutely run trials in full purple... yes, even weapons. Yes, I've done it, on vet. Yes, I should have upgraded my weapons, but I didn't care enough to bother because... wait for it... oh, right, because your gear does not matter nearly as much as you seem to think it does.

Now, I'm happy that people are thrilled to be getting gold jewelry in zone. It's a cool moment. I'm not even tempted to take that away from them, but the difference between purple and gold jewelry is so marginal it will not matter, when it comes time for them to try to run a vet dungeon, much less vet trials.

It is the player who clears the content, not their build. Yes, your build can help, but it will not carry you through. ESO is not that kind of an MMO.

so you can do veteran trial with white gear? for people lacking the skill and knowledge of the game, gear help a ton.

true gear doesn't do that much, but it remove the excuse from learning. once they hit gold they know what they need to do, instead of blaming on equipment.

p.s. if it does not matter then why are people spend so much effort farming for gold jewelry? imo it help alot before you hit 20k dps. but after you hit 40k or more they don't do as much.

p.s. it is player who clear the content? please tell me if you can reach decent dps without weave and only white gear.

I think you may have misunderstood what I said. Let me use smaller words so this is, hopefully clear to you. If you cannot clear a vet trial with full purple gear, you will not be able to clear it in full gold gear.

Getting your gear to gold does not make you trial ready.

You know what the difference between a character with full purple Hunding's Rage and full gold Hunding's Rage is?

11 weapon damage.

Your average stam DPS should be rocking someplace north of 2k, and you're crying over 11 weapon damage. Except... it gets better.

You know what the difference between someone who has 5pc of GOLD hunding's, and someone who has 3pc of purple hunding's jewelry, with two pieces in gold?

7 weapon damage.

You're, literally, crying about 7 weapon damage on that combo. And other bonuses are similar. Again, we're talking about less than 20 points of stam or magicka. Around 1 or 2 points to recovery.

You are crying about stat differences that are so marginal, you cannot see them unless you write down your stats first.

The only thing you should worry about upgrading is your weapon. And that's only because the actual damage stat on your weapon, not your set bonuses, your actual damage stat, increases by a little over 200. That matters. Having gold jewelry? It doesn't, at all.

I both agree and disagree. I agree that the increase is small and in most cases for most people its not going to be a game changer. Its far more of a game changer for how you use sets than it is for the actual purple to gold improvement ability.

I disagree for a couple of reasons. The first, and i may be wrong about this, jewel crafting will allow you improve dropped items. Green and blue are far easier to come by than purple. The theory may be you should be able to do the content in purple gear, but not everyone plays on that level. I mean their are some people who can solo trial bosses, but most people will never be able to do that no matter how much they try or research or what build they use. They are simply incapable. Those little upgrades you say arent important, and i would mostly agree with you on, might be just enough to push them over the edge and break that glass ceiling to being able to do harder content. So while overall that not significant, it can help a good player squeeze just into great territory.

Second is it may only add 7 weapon damage. But all 3 being gold will add 90 stamina. This also seems insignificant. But both of these are multipliers for ability damage which in many cases also has a CP multiplier. Mighty increases you physical, disease, and poison damage. 40 points in this gives you nearly a 10% damage bonus to those abilities. So that increases the effect.

In short what i am saying is because of stacking multipliers 7 damage doesnt seem like a big deal up front but can translate to a couple hundred DPS or more at the end of the day. And that is how high dps players get high dps. Adding 7 damage here and 90 stamina there adds 100 dps here, 300 there, 250 dps from that, 500 from that. Those little changes matter when you put a bunch of little changes together it makes a big one.

If it didnt matter elitists and vets would just run around all day in purple and blue gear and own everything, but they dont. Purple is considered entry level into any vet content for a reason.

But its not that big of a deal to get stressed out over leveling the craft. It will help, more than you imply, but its not going to make a good player into a great player by itself unless that player is on the verge of crossing that line. But it is a stepping stone in getting those numbers up to great player level.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on May 1, 2018 1:15PM
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    I've got about four in full gold. Honestly, like I've said, gold gear isn't really worth it in general, for most situations. (Two complete with gold jewelry.) Golding out your jewelry is, primarily, a prestige thing. It really doesn't matter. Golding out your armor is mostly a prestige thing.

Think about it, where do you get your gold mat? from refine ore and daily wirt quest. now imagin it take TEN times more mat to do your daily wirt. would you have enough base mat to do your daily wirt without grinding everyday?? you have four character with fully goleden gear.. and all that effort and gold aren't even enough for one full set of golden jewelry. as it require 240 gold mat to upgrade three piece of jewelry to gold. while it cost only 4x7x8= 224 gold mat to upgrade four full set of equipment to gold.
    Since reading is, apparently, hard, here you go.
    The offical made it very clear, you will never get bars directly. you always get dust. and there is a video regarding decon golden jewelry. most of the time you end with nothing, and when you are lucky you get 1 dust back. decon 100 ring and you might have enough to upgrade one piece of jewelry to gold if you are extremely lucky.
    Then don't.

That's the thing about this. The only reason to chase gold jewelry is for the prestige factor. Exaggerating and saying, "it requires more to craft," is deliberately misleading.

I mean, probably a great moment for the players who legitimately can't clear vet content, but, it's still going to be a stupid prestige thing. Probably cheaper than buying from The Golden, though.

And, yeah, the prospect of running two 5pc crafted sets is the real payoff here. For that, you really only need purple for endgame content.

am not sure about you.. but i never seen people running around town shouting in zone chat that they get golden jewelry.

it is not only golden, every upgrade cost ten times more. and it is not a prestige thing, it will get more people ready for trial..

p.s. just saying, if you felt prestige with golden gear, then think again. they are introducing veteran golden gear which are superior to normal golden equipment, they can only be found through veteran hard trial. i pity you if you still felt like a prestige owning these inferior gear after summerset release.

You do realize that they are not just now introducing this right? Gold gear from vet trials has been a thing since like.......forever? Also some of the gear in cloudrest i dont think is going to be BIS. It will be good, especially with the new changes they made yesterday but not the best. The healer and tank sets look the most intriguing to me. Also currently the BIS mag/stamina DPS set is guess what??? You guessed it, a crafted set.

No. It won't.

I understand where you're coming from, but if they weren't ready for trials before, upgrading their gear to gold will not magically elevate them to ready to run vet trials. You can, absolutely run trials in full purple... yes, even weapons. Yes, I've done it, on vet. Yes, I should have upgraded my weapons, but I didn't care enough to bother because... wait for it... oh, right, because your gear does not matter nearly as much as you seem to think it does.

Now, I'm happy that people are thrilled to be getting gold jewelry in zone. It's a cool moment. I'm not even tempted to take that away from them, but the difference between purple and gold jewelry is so marginal it will not matter, when it comes time for them to try to run a vet dungeon, much less vet trials.

It is the player who clears the content, not their build. Yes, your build can help, but it will not carry you through. ESO is not that kind of an MMO.

so you can do veteran trial with white gear? for people lacking the skill and knowledge of the game, gear help a ton.

true gear doesn't do that much, but it remove the excuse from learning. once they hit gold they know what they need to do, instead of blaming on equipment.

p.s. if it does not matter then why are people spend so much effort farming for gold jewelry? imo it help alot before you hit 20k dps. but after you hit 40k or more they don't do as much.

p.s. it is player who clear the content? please tell me if you can reach decent dps without weave and only white gear.

I think you may have misunderstood what I said. Let me use smaller words so this is, hopefully clear to you. If you cannot clear a vet trial with full purple gear, you will not be able to clear it in full gold gear.

You know what the difference between a character with full purple Hunding's Rage and full gold Hunding's Rage is?

11 weapon damage.

Your average stam DPS should be rocking someplace north of 2k, and you're crying over 11 weapon damage. Except... it gets better.

You know what the difference between someone who has 5pc of GOLD hunding's, and someone who has 3pc of purple hunding's jewelry, with two pieces in gold?

7 weapon damage.

You're, literally, crying about 7 weapon damage on that combo. And other bonuses are similar. Again, we're talking about less than 20 points of stam or magicka. Around 1 or 2 points to recovery.

You are crying about stat differences that are so marginal, you cannot see them unless you write down your stats first.

The only thing you should worry about upgrading is your weapon. And that's only because the actual damage stat on your weapon, not your set bonuses, your actual damage stat, increases by a little over 200. That matters. Having gold jewelry? It doesn't, at all.

Starkerealm, im sorry but i feel this guy doesnt know who hes talking to lol. Thanks for heading to ZOS to play test summerset and give PROPER advice about the game. I read most of what you did and said about that event. So thank you, and let this dude feel whatever the hell he wants lol. Apparently gold jewelry makes you a beast in this game.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    Hey all,

With the launch of Summerset approaching, I'm sure many crafters will be looking for ways to quickly reach level 50 in Jewellery Crafting. In your opinion, what is the best way to farm Jewellery?

Spend a lot of gold buying level-appropriate (for decon purposes) jewelry from the NPCs that sell it (e.g. mage's guild.)

But getting the skill to 50 is a fools errand since that is the least grindy part of actually making jewelry that matters to you. Being a 9-trait jeweler will take research time that you can speed up with a lot of crowns if you wish. But even that is easy compared to the real grind that you can't do very much about:

Unless you're happy wearing white jewelry it will take A LOT of harvesting, refining and writs to get even the green dust that you will then have to also refine 10 of to get just 1 of the tempers you need for upgrades. Repeat for blue and purple tempers (and gold if you're really a masochist.) Oh, and those other stones that make the jewelry robust, arcane, healthy, etc? Yup, that also comes in dust form that you need to combine 10 of to have just 1 stone. Plus the ones you need for the new infused, triune, bloodthirsty, etc. only come from some specific places (Summerset, Psijic portals, trials, Cyrodiil, etc.)

PS: you'll be competing for every single raw material seam with the dedicated farmers that have every mounted and running speed advantage they can think of and the bots and gold sellers who will be all over jewelry crafting precisely because its the kind of thing they look for.

Otherwise, have fun :)
    Edited by Iselin on May 1, 2018 2:39PM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are planning on farming jewelry after Summerset launches, right?

ZOS has stated that any jewelry obtained before Summerset will not be deconstructable.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashlander dailies. Each one always rewards you with jewelry. Blue or purple.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm sure many crafters will be looking for ways to quickly reach level 50 in Jewellery Crafting.

good luck with that.... as it stands now its so much grind i prefer to just ignore it and accidentaly level it up while doing content as i normaly do....
    Illurian wrote: »

ZOS has stated that any jewelry obtained before Summerset will not be deconstructable.

Devs don't like making players happy...

Grind or die...
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    infused on jewelery will take a gold weapon damage enchantment from 174 WD to 278 weapon damage, I LIKE THAT.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There will be plenty of people who reach level 50 in jewelry crafting on the first day Summerset releases. Obtaining the traits will be another matter entirely. Selling jewelry traits will be how to earn gold once the new chapter arrives.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »

This. It sounds like people are already grinding the jewelry - gonna be disappointed.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got 3 million to blow, you can buy jewelry from the mages guild to decon. I havent tried, but thats the number I keep hearing it takes to get to 50.

Dolmens are a guaranteed drop of jewelry, and it will drop at your level and can come in green, blue or purple. Probably not a bad place to start because you will get a variety of lower level upgrade mats, and if you get on a good grind, they go pretty fast.

I think the fastest source of Gold Jewelry is likely going to be VAA hardmode, as you get a guaranteed two jewelry drops. VSO HM might actually be more popular. Its a longer trial, but the hardmode is easier. Same idea.

I would also consider trying to get multiple toons on the PVP leaderboards each month. More of a long game, but you get a bunch of jewelry depending on where you finish. VMA and trial leaderboards wont hurt either.

Thieving is not a terrible way either (or murdering if that's your thing).

I think there are also some PVP daily quests that drop jewelry at a high rate, but dont quote me on that.

Most of the rest of the sources for jewelry are rather inconsistent. You could look to farm a short Vet dungeon, but you arent guaranteed a jewelry drop, and I think Dolmens would serve you better.

Edit: Also friendly reminder, check your CP. I think its whatever tree warlord is in, but one of the passives is a 20% inspiration boost.

Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 1, 2018 3:51PM
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that they are not just now introducing this right? Gold gear from vet trials has been a thing since like.......forever? Also some of the gear in cloudrest i dont think is going to be BIS. It will be good, especially with the new changes they made yesterday but not the best. The healer and tank sets look the most intriguing to me. Also currently the BIS mag/stamina DPS set is guess what??? You guessed it, a crafted set.

my point is crafting cost too much effort comparing to drop and direct buy from various vendor. which make crafting kinda pointless.

with the time and gold you spend farming mat, you could have farm several set of gold jewelry set from trial or vendor. which ever you prefer.. i have no issue with them being drop or sold, but i do have issue that it take 80 gold mat to upgrade a single ring/necklace to gold.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It won't.

11 weapon damage.

7 weapon damage.

This, making weapon gold is important, rest of the gear not so much.
    Now for group buffs like ebon its more important as it buff the entire group. Note that SPC will now be an named buff so I don't think its benefit from gold anymore (can some confirm or kill this)

Now farming normal trials and upgrading jewelry to purple makes more sense for most players.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭

my point is crafting cost too much effort comparing to drop and direct buy from various vendor. which make crafting kinda pointless.

with the time and gold you spend farming mat, you could have farm several set of gold jewelry set from trial or vendor. which ever you prefer.. i have no issue with them being drop or sold, but i do have issue that it take 80 gold mat to upgrade a single ring/necklace to gold.

so basically what your saying is you would rather it be cheaper to upgrade (say 8 gold mats like everything else) so that a cp 160 can run around with gold War Machine jewelry because he was smart and saved some gold (because a friend told him to) and had a group carry him through normal HoF?? Now tell me how fair that is to all the skilled, veteran, max cp players who grinded and progressed through one of the tougher trials to earn that gold jewelry legit.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so basically what your saying is you would rather it be cheaper to upgrade (say 8 gold mats like everything else) so that a cp 160 can run around with gold War Machine jewelry because he was smart and saved some gold (because a friend told him to) and had a group carry him through normal HoF?? Now tell me how fair that is to all the skilled, veteran, max cp players who grinded and progressed through one of the tougher trials to earn that gold jewelry legit.

Well they are introducing True elite gear, that are only dropped in veteran hard trial. so these common gold equipment are now inferior. so i don't see anything wrong, people who work hard will better better gear..

p.s. even at 8 gold mat upgrade it still isn't cheap/easy.. since you have to farm for lots of thing. trait stone for one will likely force you to do master wirt/ pvp.. and rest of the upgrade and base jewelry craft aren't exactly easy. So yes am ok with that
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

^^^
    yip.

My crafting char couldn't give a rat's bottom.
    Like "let's change traits!" - they made it it too hard.

I cant see this wankerism devaluing the price of Necropotence or That-stuff-from-Bangkorai jewellery. See? I'm already not interested...
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭

Well they are introducing True elite gear, that are only dropped in veteran hard trial. so these common gold equipment are now inferior. so i don't see anything wrong, people who work hard will better better gear..

p.s. even at 8 gold mat upgrade it still isn't cheap/easy.. since you have to farm for lots of thing. trait stone for one will likely force you to do master wirt/ pvp.. and rest of the upgrade and base jewelry craft aren't exactly easy. So yes am ok with that

What exactly do you mean by "True Elite Gear" ??? You know that all trials drop gold jewelry right? So how is everything else now inferior? This makes absolutely no sense to me. The new trial isnt dropping like "platinum" jewelry that can only be obtained there. Theres perfect, and imperfect versions of the new sets. Perfect only being from hard mode. But nonetheless the perfected versions of the sets are comparable to the sets from the rest of the trials. So ill ask again, what exactly are you trying to say here?

P.S Also i didnt realize that gold war machine jewelry is now considered common. rofl im done.
    Edited by XGCAlbatr0ss on May 1, 2018 4:29PM
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly do you mean by "True Elite Gear" ??? You know that all trials drop gold jewelry right? So how is everything else now inferior? This makes absolutely no sense to me. The new trial isnt dropping like "platinum" jewelry that can only be obtained there. Theres perfect, and imperfect versions of the new sets. Perfect only being from hard mode. But nonetheless the perfected versions of the sets are comparable to the sets from the rest of the trials. So ill ask again, what exactly are you trying to say here?

P.S Also i didnt realize that gold war machine jewelry is now considered common. rofl im done.

they mentioned in their official video, you should check it out on youtube/twitch. they are introducing vet hard equipment, that will be superior to normal equipment that you find else where.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Craglorn bosses :/ got over 10 purple ring & plenty of blue/green last night in about 2 hours.

What sets?

Someone else said 'farm Alik'r' - like there's a market for gold 'Diagna' and 'Withered hand' jewellery. There isn't.

In all likelyhood, they'll nerf drop-rates as part of the the Sunset intro anyway.

But don't let me spoil your fun; a blue level 14 item MIGHT be better than a gold level 10 item.
    Assuming, of course, that you have ever seen a gold level 10 item.

"Oh just WOW!! A gold level 10 Diagna's Ring!!!!"
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭

they mentioned in their official video, you should check it out on youtube/twitch. they are introducing vet hard equipment, that will be superior to normal equipment that you find else where.

lol ive read all the patch notes. Maybe you should as well. Here let me link them for you. They were updated yesterday. Please look at the sets and tell me how superior they are going to be. Your statement is ridiculous and your just salty that you have to grind and gold jewelry isnt going to be given to you on a silver platter.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/410203/
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol ive read all the patch notes. Maybe you should as well. Here let me link them for you. They were updated yesterday. Please look at the sets and tell me how superior they are going to be. Your statement is ridiculous and your just salty that you have to grind and gold jewelry isnt going to be given to you on a silver platter.

yea but i don't see anything on there, and not everything is released on pts? they mentioned it on eso live official twitch.. let me find it for you.. give me a minute
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭

yea but i don't see anything on there, and not everything is released on pts? they mentioned it on eso live official twitch.. let me find it for you.. give me a minute

Lol unfortunately I hate to say it. But they’re not going to introduce new gear after the PTS. The pts is meant to test new mechanics, bugs, sets, classes, abilities, quests etc. so they can be fixed before the live launch. So yes, the sets listed in the patch notes are the sets that you are referring to. Hate to break it to ya.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol unfortunately I hate to say it. But they’re not going to introduce new gear after the PTS. The pts is meant to test new mechanics, bugs, sets, classes, abilities, quests etc. so they can be fixed before the live launch. So yes, the sets listed in the patch notes are the sets that you are referring to. Hate to break it to ya.

have you been playing on pts? if answer is yes have you done any vet hard trial? they didn't really list anything regarding new equipment on patch note.. and am pretty sure they talk about the new vet dungeon equipment on eso live
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭

have you been playing on pts? if answer is yes have you done any vet hard trial? they didn't really list anything regarding new equipment on patch note.. and am pretty sure they talk about the new vet dungeon equipment on eso live

To make it easier for you, from the patch notes I linked. Double check if you don’t believe me....

Item Sets
    The 5-piece bonus effects of the Perfect and Normal versions of the new Trial Item Sets (Vestment of Olorime, Mantle of Siroria, Arms of Relequen, and Aegis of Galenwe) no longer stack.
    Aegis of Galenwe: This Item Set has been redesigned.
    OLD:
    2: Max Health
    3: Healing Taken
    4: Stamina Recovery
    5: After successfully blocking, heal an ally within 15 meters for 3440. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
    NEW:
    2: Max Health
    3: Minor Aegis
    4: Healing Taken
    5: After successfully blocking, you have a 50% chance to grant Empower to 3 allies within 15 meters, increasing the damage of their next Light Attack by 40%. 1 second cooldown.
    Arms of Relequen: This Item Set has been redesigned.
    OLD:
    2: Weapon Critical
    3: Stamina Recovery
    4: Weapon Critical
    5: After landing a Critical Light or Heavy Attack on an enemy, you have a 15% chance to curse them with harmful winds, dealing 1358 Physical Damage to them and nearby enemies every 1 second for 5 seconds.
    NEW:
    2: Weapon Critical
    3: Minor Slayer
    4: Weapon Critical
    5: Your Light and Heavy attacks apply a stack of harmful winds to your target for 5 seconds. Harmful winds deal 387 Physical Damage every 1 second. Each stack increases the damage by 189 Physical Damage. 20 stacks max.
    Mantle of Siroria: This Item Set has been redesigned.
    OLD:
    2: Spell Damage
    3: Spell Critical
    4: Max Magicka
    5: After dealing damage to an enemy with a single target ability, you create a ring of fire beneath your target. After 1 second, the ring ignites enemies within it, dealing 2408 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
    NEW:
    2: Spell Damage
    3: Minor Slayer
    5: Dealing direct damage with a single target ability creates a ring of fire beneath you for 10 seconds. Standing in the ring grants you a stack of Siroria’s Boon for 5 seconds. Each increases your Spell Damage by 30. 20 stacks max.
    Vestment of Olorime: This Item Set has been redesigned.
    OLD:
    2: Magicka Recovery
    3: Magicka Recovery
    5: Ground based effect abilities cast apply a healing circle which heals you and your allies standing in the circle for 1032 every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur every 5 seconds.
    NEW:
    2: Magicka Recovery
    3: Minor Aegis
    4: Magicka Recovery
    5: Ground based effect abilities cast apply a circle of might on the ground for 10 seconds. Standing inside the circle grants you and your allies Major Courage, which increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258 for 30 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown.
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    Old means what the set did when the PTS first launched and New means what they just changed the set to on Monday with the latest PTS update.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It won't.

11 weapon damage.

7 weapon damage.

I both agree and disagree. I agree that the increase is small and in most cases for most people its not going to be a game changer. Its far more of a game changer for how you use sets than it is for the actual purple to gold improvement ability.

I disagree for a couple of reasons. The first, and i may be wrong about this, jewel crafting will allow you improve dropped items. Green and blue are far easier to come by than purple. The theory may be you should be able to do the content in purple gear, but not everyone plays on that level. I mean their are some people who can solo trial bosses, but most people will never be able to do that no matter how much they try or research or what build they use. They are simply incapable. Those little upgrades you say arent important, and i would mostly agree with you on, might be just enough to push them over the edge and break that glass ceiling to being able to do harder content. So while overall that not significant, it can help a good player squeeze just into great territory.

Second is it may only add 7 weapon damage. But all 3 being gold will add 90 stamina. This also seems insignificant. But both of these are multipliers for ability damage which in many cases also has a CP multiplier. Mighty increases you physical, disease, and poison damage. 40 points in this gives you nearly a 10% damage bonus to those abilities. So that increases the effect.

In short what i am saying is because of stacking multipliers 7 damage doesnt seem like a big deal up front but can translate to a couple hundred DPS or more at the end of the day. And that is how high dps players get high dps. Adding 7 damage here and 90 stamina there adds 100 dps here, 300 there, 250 dps from that, 500 from that. Those little changes matter when you put a bunch of little changes together it makes a big one.

If it didnt matter elitists and vets would just run around all day in purple and blue gear and own everything, but they dont. Purple is considered entry level into any vet content for a reason.

But its not that big of a deal to get stressed out over leveling the craft. It will help, more than you imply, but its not going to make a good player into a great player by itself unless that player is on the verge of crossing that line. But it is a stepping stone in getting those numbers up to great player level.

@Anotherone773, you're wrong, but you're not wrong. Being able to get drop jewelry to purple, especially stuff like Mending or Alkosh, is a huge boon for players who can clear normal trials, but aren't quite ready to hit vet content. The improvement from blue to purple is worth chasing, especially given the relative price. The actual jump from purple to gold is, basically, trivial. It works out to less than 0.1% in most cases. You're investing a lot of resources to get to the top of the mountain, for a tiny bonus. This is the point I've been making to lihentian, by the way. The only items you should worry about getting to gold are your weapons. The jump from your weapon's damage stat is non-trivial, and worth chasing.

And, yeah, upgrading jewelry to purple will be a bit more expensive than upgrading normal gear to purple, but purple upgrade mats aren't exactly expensive or difficult to come by.

The other point I was making, is that if you can't clear content in purples, upgrading to gold won't make a real difference.

EDIT: To be fair to you, you'll get far more bang for your buck spending points in mighty, rather than worrying about gold jewelry (for a stam build.) That's a real bonus. (The sweet spot for Mighty is 54, for +20%, after that, the remaining 46 points will only bump it to 25% total.)
    Edited by starkerealm on May 1, 2018 5:59PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those already existed with perfected asylum weapons. The versions from Cloudrest will probably be fairly similar.