The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best way to farm Jewellery?

swifty3174
swifty3174
✭✭✭
Hey all,

With the launch of Summerset approaching, I'm sure many crafters will be looking for ways to quickly reach level 50 in Jewellery Crafting. In your opinion, what is the best way to farm Jewellery?
CP 990+
Aldmeri Dominion
Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't bother, level 50 jewelry crafting will do you no good.. it require 10 times more mat to craft and upgrade...

unless you have tons of money.. but then again you wouldn't need crafting set if you do.. you are probably better off with true elite gear coming with upcoming patch that can only be find in veteran hard trial.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dolmens have guaranteed jewelry drops.

A few quests also have jewelry rewards, especially in the main quest. So I'm not advancing any of my alts further in the main-quest story line until Summerset starts.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 30, 2018 11:39PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmens are known to drop jewelry. Maybe start there
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lihentian wrote: »
    don't bother, level 50 jewelry crafting will do you no good.. it require 10 times more mat to craft and upgrade...

Crafting a 160 ring requires 100 Platinum Ounces. Which may sound a little extreme, given the 150 only costs 10 ounces... but then, you may recall, all 160 gear has that x10 inflation.

Upgrading to green costs 2 bars (with the appropriate passive)... so, yeah, exactly 10 times the investment you'd need to upgrade a normal white to green. /s

Upgrading to blue costs... wait for it... three bars.

Purple costs four bars.

Gold costs eight bars... why does this sound familiar? Oh, right, because it is.

The only wrinkle is you get dust when you refine raw mats, and dust is refined into bars. It'll take a bit more work, but it's certainly doable.
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Alikir Dolmens will be poppen, also the easy vet trials (craglorn ones), vet dungeons like fungal grotto. Those will be easy jewelry drops, but i recommend saving gold jewells until you have passives maxed.
  • swifty3174
    swifty3174
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've read that Dolmen's are going to be (even more) popular for farming.

Personally, I've had a lot of luck with chest farming. Once you get a good route memorised, you can almost get a piece per minute.
    CP 990+
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
    Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
    Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
    Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
    Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CWC daily quests drop lots of jewelry and is fast and easy, think they drop more purple than dolmens.
    Else dolmens is an good option.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafting a 160 ring requires 100 Platinum Ounces. Which may sound a little extreme, given the 150 only costs 10 ounces... but then, you may recall, all 160 gear has that x10 inflation.

Upgrading to green costs 2 bars (with the appropriate passive)... so, yeah, exactly 10 times the investment you'd need to upgrade a normal white to green. /s

Upgrading to blue costs... wait for it... three bars.

Purple costs four bars.

Gold costs eight bars... why does this sound familiar? Oh, right, because it is.

The only wrinkle is you get dust when you refine raw mats, and dust is refined into bars. It'll take a bit more work, but it's certainly doable.

and do you get bars directly? no you get dust, you refine 10 dust into one bar. so 8 bar translate to 80 gold mat. a full set of armor require 7x8 = 56 gold mat, a single jewelry need 80.. so with the effort of upgrade one set of jewelry to gold, you could gear 4.3 set of armor(30 piece of armor) to gold

one question ..does every character in your roster have fully golden gear? i ask because i don't..

p.s. am not sure about you, but i ain't gonna waste my time and effort on this mindless grind. it take way less time to just do trial and get your gold jewelry directly. not to mentioned that they are introducing superior equipment in veteran hard mode, it will be superior to anything you can craft. so basically you just waste tons of time and end up with inferior gear
    Edited by lihentian on April 30, 2018 11:57PM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u have ic you can farm telvar and buy rings and necklace from trophy valts. Also ap from pvp and buy rings i think they are 20k ap
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one question ..does every character in your roster have fully golden gear? i ask because i don't...

I've got about four in full gold. Honestly, like I've said, gold gear isn't really worth it in general, for most situations. (Two complete with gold jewelry.) Golding out your jewelry is, primarily, a prestige thing. It really doesn't matter. Golding out your armor is mostly a prestige thing.
    and do you get bars directly?

Since reading is, apparently, hard, here you go.

Now, here's the fun part in all of this. I haven't seen a full bar drop anywhere, but I have seen complete trait stones drop. I haven't been logging in and pathologically checking for hireling mails, and I haven't been doing my crafting writs, however, it wouldn't surprise me if intact bars can, in fact, drop, somewhere.
    p.s. am not sure about you, but i ain't gonna waste my time and effort on this mindless grind. it take way less time to just do trial and get your gold jewelry directly. not to mentioned that they are introducing superior equipment in veteran hard mode, it will be superior to anything you can craft. so basically you just waste tons of time and end up with inferior gear

Then don't.

That's the thing about this. The only reason to chase gold jewelry is for the prestige factor. Exaggerating and saying, "it requires more to craft," is deliberately misleading.

I mean, probably a great moment for the players who legitimately can't clear vet content, but, it's still going to be a stupid prestige thing. Probably cheaper than buying from The Golden, though.

And, yeah, the prospect of running two 5pc crafted sets is the real payoff here. For that, you really only need purple for endgame content.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have level 50 alts tat need to raise the level of skills. I’ll do that at the dolmen til I get the jewelry I need to decon. Then I’m hoping I have enough mats to get daily writs going. That will get the wheels turning.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    If u have ic you can farm telvar and buy rings and necklace from trophy valts. Also ap from pvp and buy rings i think they are 20k ap

good thinking...

I've got a bunch of the pvp champion caches stored in different character inventories...

i'm hoping if I don't open them until after summerset goes live I'll be able to deconstruct them...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got about four in full gold. Honestly, like I've said, gold gear isn't really worth it in general, for most situations. (Two complete with gold jewelry.) Golding out your jewelry is, primarily, a prestige thing. It really doesn't matter. Golding out your armor is mostly a prestige thing.

Think about it, where do you get your gold mat? from refine ore and daily wirt quest. now imagin it take TEN times more mat to do your daily wirt. would you have enough base mat to do your daily wirt without grinding everyday?? you have four character with fully goleden gear.. and all that effort and gold aren't even enough for one full set of golden jewelry. as it require 240 gold mat to upgrade three piece of jewelry to gold. while it cost only 4x7x8= 224 gold mat to upgrade four full set of equipment to gold.
    Since reading is, apparently, hard, here you go.
    The offical made it very clear, you will never get bars directly. you always get dust. and there is a video regarding decon golden jewelry. most of the time you end with nothing, and when you are lucky you get 1 dust back. decon 100 ring and you might have enough to upgrade one piece of jewelry to gold if you are extremely lucky.
    Then don't.

That's the thing about this. The only reason to chase gold jewelry is for the prestige factor. Exaggerating and saying, "it requires more to craft," is deliberately misleading.

I mean, probably a great moment for the players who legitimately can't clear vet content, but, it's still going to be a stupid prestige thing. Probably cheaper than buying from The Golden, though.

And, yeah, the prospect of running two 5pc crafted sets is the real payoff here. For that, you really only need purple for endgame content.

am not sure about you.. but i never seen people running around town shouting in zone chat that they get golden jewelry.

it is not only golden, every upgrade cost ten times more. and it is not a prestige thing, it will get more people ready for trial..

p.s. just saying, if you felt prestige with golden gear, then think again. they are introducing veteran golden gear which are superior to normal golden equipment, they can only be found through veteran hard trial. i pity you if you still felt like a prestige owning these inferior gear after summerset release.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    jewelery in game now can not be decon to help you level up jewelery crafting when SS drops, prices are crazy for upgrading reasons.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it is not a prestige thing, it will get more people ready for trial..

No. It won't.

I understand where you're coming from, but if they weren't ready for trials before, upgrading their gear to gold will not magically elevate them to ready to run vet trials. You can, absolutely run trials in full purple... yes, even weapons. Yes, I've done it, on vet. Yes, I should have upgraded my weapons, but I didn't care enough to bother because... wait for it... oh, right, because your gear does not matter nearly as much as you seem to think it does.

Now, I'm happy that people are thrilled to be getting gold jewelry in zone. It's a cool moment. I'm not even tempted to take that away from them, but the difference between purple and gold jewelry is so marginal it will not matter, when it comes time for them to try to run a vet dungeon, much less vet trials.

It is the player who clears the content, not their build. Yes, your build can help, but it will not carry you through. ESO is not that kind of an MMO.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few quests also have jewelry rewards, especially in the main quest. So I'm not advancing any of my alts further in the main-quest story line until Summerset starts.

You may as well do dolmens instead, though, since some parts of the Main Quest are a big time sink.

You're not going to get any of the new jewelry traits (for research) through the Main Quest either.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It won't.

I understand where you're coming from, but if they weren't ready for trials before, upgrading their gear to gold will not magically elevate them to ready to run vet trials. You can, absolutely run trials in full purple... yes, even weapons. Yes, I've done it, on vet. Yes, I should have upgraded my weapons, but I didn't care enough to bother because... wait for it... oh, right, because your gear does not matter nearly as much as you seem to think it does.

Now, I'm happy that people are thrilled to be getting gold jewelry in zone. It's a cool moment. I'm not even tempted to take that away from them, but the difference between purple and gold jewelry is so marginal it will not matter, when it comes time for them to try to run a vet dungeon, much less vet trials.

It is the player who clears the content, not their build. Yes, your build can help, but it will not carry you through. ESO is not that kind of an MMO.

so you can do veteran trial with white gear? for people lacking the skill and knowledge of the game, gear help a ton.

true gear doesn't do that much, but it remove the excuse from learning. once they hit gold they know what they need to do, instead of blaming on equipment.

p.s. if it does not matter then why are people spend so much effort farming for gold jewelry? imo it help alot before you hit 20k dps. but after you hit 40k or more they don't do as much.

p.s. it is player who clear the content? please tell me if you can reach decent dps without weave and only white gear.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vendor probably a dozen or so rings/neck a day from loot/rewards. Another 2-4 purples a day i sell on traders and probably half a dozen i dont even bother to pick up. So i probably wont go out of my way to try to level jewelry crafting or farm jewelry to decon. I can do everything i want to do at the moment as geared on all my alts so its not pressing. When i get it leveled ill get it leveled.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going through dailies should garner more than a few. Pledges will grant some, and if you do trials those will reward even more. Personally, I would go to a zone with a good, sellable set and farm the dolmens. If you get the cash set you have some spending money, and if it's a bust set, well, you have decon material.

If you have a ton of AP lying around you could just buy box after box and decon all that.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I badly need jewelry form DLC dungeons for my healer builds :(.
    But I just don't want to put myself through that over and over and over again to get them.

Amusingly I got super lucky from normal trail quest loot boxes and got 2x purple TFS rings
    Edited by Narvuntien on May 1, 2018 3:56AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It won't.

so you can do veteran trial with white gear? for people lacking the skill and knowledge of the game, gear help a ton.

true gear doesn't do that much, but it remove the excuse from learning. once they hit gold they know what they need to do, instead of blaming on equipment.

p.s. if it does not matter then why are people spend so much effort farming for gold jewelry? imo it help alot before you hit 20k dps. but after you hit 40k or more they don't do as much.

p.s. it is player who clear the content? please tell me if you can reach decent dps without weave and only white gear.

I think you may have misunderstood what I said. Let me use smaller words so this is, hopefully clear to you. If you cannot clear a vet trial with full purple gear, you will not be able to clear it in full gold gear.

Getting your gear to gold does not make you trial ready.

You know what the difference between a character with full purple Hunding's Rage and full gold Hunding's Rage is?

11 weapon damage.

Your average stam DPS should be rocking someplace north of 2k, and you're crying over 11 weapon damage. Except... it gets better.

You know what the difference between someone who has 5pc of GOLD hunding's, and someone who has 3pc of purple hunding's jewelry, with two pieces in gold?

7 weapon damage.

You're, literally, crying about 7 weapon damage on that combo. And other bonuses are similar. Again, we're talking about less than 20 points of stam or magicka. Around 1 or 2 points to recovery.

You are crying about stat differences that are so marginal, you cannot see them unless you write down your stats first.

The only thing you should worry about upgrading is your weapon. And that's only because the actual damage stat on your weapon, not your set bonuses, your actual damage stat, increases by a little over 200. That matters. Having gold jewelry? It doesn't, at all.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now just make sure you have all 3 traits of healthy, arcane and robust for both rings and necklaces. You can use those to learn traits from and make basic jewels for 3-trait crafted sets. Everything else, wait for Summerset and it's a grind.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    Right now just make sure you have all 3 traits of healthy, arcane and robust for both rings and necklaces. You can use those to learn traits from and make basic jewels for 3-trait crafted sets. Everything else, wait for Summerset and it's a grind.

Some stuff should be pretty easy to get. Bloodthirsty is just going to cost AP (apparently), so being able to research that should get you to 4 trait pretty quickly. Swift is also, apparently, up for sale. So, that's 5. I'm not sure if there's a sixth trait you can simply buy with an in game resource. If there is, that gets you to six traits, and some of the best utility sets in the game.
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's the most efficient farming method, but human NPC enemies seem to drop jewelry at a decent rate. Could just start scrounging for them as you farm overland sets. I imagine intricate and ornate are included traits for jewelry.
    Edited by Raraaku on May 1, 2018 11:00AM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    In your opinion, what is the best way to farm Jewellery?
    Head to Auridon and leave the city. Make your way to the platform where the Jester's Festival participants gather.

Behind the platform is a great area to set your plow. Make 4 rows, each about 3 meters in length. Open your spoils bag, and plant rings and necklaces as you prefer.

Resoil. Throw vegetables and fruit on top of the rows for fertilizer. No need to water. Rain will appear within 30 minutes.

Wait approximately 30 days, or when the queen officially opens Summerset. By this point, you should have buds glistening with all manner of jewelry.

Pick, and take to a jewelry station to deconstruct.

Then cry like a little girl because you'll have to sacrifice another relationship partner while you grind your fingers to the bone.

Or... do what most people will do: let everyone else slave away, wait 6 months, and buy the stuff needed to level up.

• lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It won't.

I think you may have misunderstood what I said. Let me use smaller words so this is, hopefully clear to you. If you cannot clear a vet trial with full purple gear, you will not be able to clear it in full gold gear.

Getting your gear to gold does not make you trial ready.

You know what the difference between a character with full purple Hunding's Rage and full gold Hunding's Rage is?

11 weapon damage.

Your average stam DPS should be rocking someplace north of 2k, and you're crying over 11 weapon damage. Except... it gets better.

You know what the difference between someone who has 5pc of GOLD hunding's, and someone who has 3pc of purple hunding's jewelry, with two pieces in gold?

7 weapon damage.

You're, literally, crying about 7 weapon damage on that combo. And other bonuses are similar. Again, we're talking about less than 20 points of stam or magicka. Around 1 or 2 points to recovery.

You are crying about stat differences that are so marginal, you cannot see them unless you write down your stats first.

The only thing you should worry about upgrading is your weapon. And that's only because the actual damage stat on your weapon, not your set bonuses, your actual damage stat, increases by a little over 200. That matters. Having gold jewelry? It doesn't, at all.

Two thing, the bonus may seem small, but you get getting this bouns to everything on that piece of equipment. Set bonus, Enhancement, Trait, and base effect. Are you trying to tell me all these are pointless? you know 100 health may make a huge difference between getting one shot or survive the aoe. a slightly boost to dps may end up finishing the boss that wipe group with tiny amount of health. since it is not one player, it is 12 player~~~ numbers do add on pretty nicely. if you think it is useless then you are free to decon all your gold gear.

Also we are talking about Jewelry crafting here.. First, normal gold equipment are no longer the best, they are introducing elite Gold in veteran hard trial. So normal gold equipment are no longer the top, nor the prestige you think it meant after the release of summerset. Now explain to me, what in the world justify the huge grind and cost for crafting upgrade??

They do sale gold jewelry in pvp. and they are mostly around 200k. one piece of alloy is around 6k gold maybe? now 80 alloy cost 480k gold. on top, we can assume that bar will likely worth more then alloy, since everyone who wish a upgrade will need tons of mat, instead of just ten or twenty.

Also it is not just gold gear, even elite jewelry are very hard to craft, as we know many of the new trait stone can only be acquire through special source. like master wirt vendor, pvp area.. these trait stone alone already a big part of grind, and after that you will need 40 purple material to upgrade one piece of jewelry from blue to elite. how many purple material do you have? a thousand?? because it take 160 purple material to upgrade one set of jewelry to elite. while similar stuff worth only around 10~20k in auction house.

p.s. basically all you are saying is, gold gear is a prestige. so it is not for public. it is for shows off and not stats. which left only two question. First no one can see your gear is gold or not.. why do you care? Second, just because you like to shows off, jewelry craft have to be a waste effort?
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vma leaderboards on multiple characters for gold jewellery from weekly and bonus you may get purples along the way.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn bosses :/ got over 10 purple ring & plenty of blue/green last night in about 2 hours.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this, just join the noob grinders in the dolmen trains in alikir and auridon, guarenteed jewellery, trash you can decon quick.