The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transmutation not realy doing damage I was hopping

ZorroDeMar
ZorroDeMar
✭✭
So I have a Spriggan set and decided to upgrade my bow to legendary and transmute to nirnhoned. It say It will give me 15% more damage and with the legendary I got up to 1,350 damage. But when hitting a boss I'm doing the same damage as before around 20,000. Is this really working?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 15% more weapon damage on your bow bar, not 15% total damage. So if you are able to measure your individual skill damage through an add-on like Combat Metrics, you could measure the increase specifically.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, Nirnhoned increases weapon damage by 15%, but there are more variables involved in damage. Max Stamina, CP, etc. So it's not a 15% DPS increase.

That said, I believe a nirnhoned legendary bow should be 1500+ damage.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15% more weapon damage
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What trait was your bow before the change?

Nirnhoned won't boost the damage you do by 15%, rather it will boost the weapon and spell damge given by the item.
    And while this does have an impact on the damage you deal, swapping from say sharpened to Nirnhoned won't give you a damage increase unless you have a bunch of other penetration already
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • ZorroDeMar
    ZorroDeMar
    ✭✭
    All I'm saying is that the total damage I can make is the same as without the Transmutation and making the weapon legendary. The overall damage I making now is not much of difference. I was hopping to get more damage.

My Critical was 67% it did not gave me more
    Weapon damage 2331
    Bow = Deal 2128 Magic Damage and restore stamina + Increase damage of this weapon by 15%

I should be making damage over 22,000 and I'm as before 15k to 20k
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference in weapon damage from a legendary sharpened (1335 weapon damage) and a legendary nirnhoned (1500 weapon damage) is substantial enough, but I'm not sure its going to boost you from somewhere between 15 to 20K up to 22k alone.

I mean, I made a similar change and went from 16k to 22K, but I didn't just change my bow. I changed my gear, my CP, and my skills rotation.