The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is this still a thing after all this time? (corpses lying around).

Sicsoo
Sicsoo
✭✭
I think ESO is a good game but sometimes it "loses itself in a glass of water" (it means it does much to accomplish something but then it blow it up really easily). it does so much for immersion (ppl talking around, npcs quest chains, etc) and then you find yourself in the "The Sixth sense: the game".

IKQyEdt.jpg

qCr8eZf.jpg

diSyVeA.jpg

tD0Y8XW.jpg

why there is still no cooldown for corpses to disappear?couldn't this have also something to do with performances in a little way (this stuff keeps on stacking up).

it's not something new https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158844/corpses-in-the-cities

Edit: as a balanced solution, couldn't they be transformed into little sacks when their doppelganger respawn so they can still be looted if needed?

uC2xm3C.jpg

Edited by Sicsoo on April 30, 2018 7:50PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if people stopped murdering them it wouldn't be a problem.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If people murdered them faster, they'd be standing on a pile of bodies, and it'd be even funnier. o:)
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often because players are not looting the corpses, making them stay around longer. (Even if the murderer loots an NPC, if anyone picked their pocket, then they become loot-able for that player as well, even if they aren't around). This is why if you ever go around grinders, the ones that loot corpses, the bodies despawn faster than those that just leave the bodies un-looted.

I'm sure ZoS could tweak something to fix this, but it would probably result in effecting lootability for bosses throughout the game in other ways and not worth ticking off a bunch of players that would miss loot vs. the ones worrying over seeing a body I guess.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like looking through an elder scroll and seeing different possible outcomes, while living in the moment of a Dragon Break.

Or just too much skooma.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ONLY issue i see on these pictures is that.... there aren't enough Death bodies and Blood....

game needs more blood... the game is rated 18 now no ? give me blood...
  • Sicsoo
    Sicsoo
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    the ones worrying over seeing a body I guess.

looks more a problem of density to me, when you start to move around in a city like wayrest and you see them every turn you make. it's unfitting for what the game tries to accomplish, should just have a stricter cooldown or just start elminate bodies in a range if they surpass a threshold (or transform them into little sacks that only the killers can loot, that could be a good balance wouldn't it?).
    Edited by Sicsoo on April 30, 2018 5:51PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sicsoo wrote: »

looks more a problem of density to me, when you start to move around in a city like wayrest and you see them every turn you make. it's unfitting for what the game tries to accomplish, should just have a stricter cooldown or just start elminate bodies in a range if they surpass a threshold (or transform them into little sacks that only the killers can loot, that could be a good balance wouldn't it?).

Little sack idea is neat. edit: or even if they didn't want to 'add' anything new work wise, they could just use the existing animation/art and turn the body into a dustpile upon NPC respawn.
    Edited by xaraan on April 30, 2018 5:55PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's especially annoying at the dolmen grinds, because some players don't loot the giant boss corpses, which on their backs can still be big enough to hide the smaller enemies spawning inside them.

But still not as annoying as the bears deciding to always stand on the backpack.
    [DC/NA]
  • Sicsoo
    Sicsoo
    ✭✭
    Sicsoo wrote: »

Little sack idea is neat. edit: or even if they didn't want to 'add' anything new work wise, they could just use the existing animation/art and turn the body into a dustpile upon NPC respawn.

yeah, whatever i mean, they basically have already the code for that (ghosts transform into pile of dust). it doesn't appear something really new or a code nightmare thing.

• Exalted_Goose
    Exalted_Goose
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people murdered them faster, they'd be standing on a pile of bodies, and it'd be even funnier. o:)

vNltVsz.png

gi19iaj.png

"One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead Kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves...".
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only assume that those whose immersion is broken by seeing corpses lying around, never kill anyone or anything.

So what do they do, exactly?
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i just thought of a solution for this....

new rule....

before you can murder someone you have to hire a team of four undertakers and a stretcher.

they lurk out of sight, you go in and do the dirty....

the undertakers wait 5 seconds then run in.... stretcher down, body on, lift and run off to the morgue or whatever...

problem sorted.

they could even do that really silly run emote...
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on April 30, 2018 7:19PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is entirely because of the timer for unlooted corpses.
    The simple (in theory) solution is to just make an NPC or mob which has been killed by a player, only be visible to that player, (or their group members) regardless of whether they loot them or not.
    In this way, as soon as the NPC dies, no other player who isnt grouped with the murdering player will see the corpse after say, 5 seconds, even though they will technically still be visible to the player for <x> time, unless they loot them completely.
    Immersion problem solved.
  • Sicsoo
    Sicsoo
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I can only assume that those whose immersion is broken by seeing corpses lying around, never kill anyone or anything.

So what do they do, exactly?

that is not a problem. the problem is more about copies of multiple npcs both dead and alive. i believe WoW transofrmed them into skeleton remains but i only played during vanilla, long time has passed.
    Edited by Sicsoo on April 30, 2018 7:44PM
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Often because players are not looting the corpses, making them stay around longer. (Even if the murderer loots an NPC, if anyone picked their pocket, then they become loot-able for that player as well, even if they aren't around). This is why if you ever go around grinders, the ones that loot corpses, the bodies despawn faster than those that just leave the bodies un-looted.

This ^^
    PC NA
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

new rule....

before you can murder someone you have to hire a team of four undertakers and a stretcher.

the undertakers wait 5 seconds then run in.... stretcher down, body on, lift and run off to the morgue or whatever...

problem sorted.

Have to have the Benny Hill theme playing for this.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

new rule....

problem sorted.

lol yes absolutely...
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the "dispose of body" option from TES III.

Or allow us to move corpses around like in TES IV. Drag them home and they can be extra storage. Stack em like cord wood or make a monument to the Blade of Woe.

Or just ignore them.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

new rule....

problem sorted.

Preferably followed by an announcement:-

"And now for something completely different..."
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like the aftermath of some suicide cult for twins and triplets.

Don't drink the Skoom-Aid!
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on April 30, 2018 8:09PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read every reply on here, so if someone has said this already, my bad. But they could make them invisible to everyone except the person who killed them, sort of like how they do with most of our skills now, only we can see them and group members cannot.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    clareno88 wrote: »
    I haven't read every reply on here, so if someone has said this already, my bad. But they could make them invisible to everyone except the person who killed them, sort of like how they do with most of our skills now, only we can see them and group members cannot.

Or even have it as a setting so it's optional for every player.
    to enable or disable
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wondered why they don't just use the -same- timer for NPC respawn and their recently murdered corpse going "poof". That would make the most sense, would it not?
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non RPer, don't really quest either I agree.

It's one of those niggly things but you're right, it's stupid and should be fixed. The solution you offer should be good
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's a finger left to point at the Bosmer as well.

All this perfectly good food going to waste is a shame.
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    clareno88 wrote: »

Or even have it as a setting so it's optional for every player.
    to enable or disable

Yes! An optional setting would work as well!! Some people probably genuinely enjoy the appearance of massacre :p
    Edited by Idontknow91 on May 1, 2018 2:21PM
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh no! My 'mersion!"

So this is what gets you and not the fact that every player character running around is "only" one that can defeat Molag Bal?
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next livestream or something players should constantly ask ZoS about this issue cos its absolutely rediculous that this hasn't been fixed. Those screenshots from the OP are exactly what just happened in the game a few minutes ago and its so annoying seeing this everywhere.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murder is messy, and assassins just don't clean up after themselves...

The lesson here is thus: Never have an assassin as a roommate. They never do the freaking dishes.
          In verity.